NSV - I beat the urge!

2»

Replies

• uidb5259
    uidb5259 Posts: 138 Member
    You guys are awesome! This is exactly why I love MFP. You guys are so encouraging and really make a guy smile!
  • Spiritwarrior3000
    Spiritwarrior3000 Posts: 322 Member
    You have done well, Master! :)
  • StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    Good for you! :flowerforyou:
  • Flowers4Julia
    Flowers4Julia Posts: 521 Member
    Congrats to you! It was a good day! :drinker:
  • Great Job! Awesome you got the POWER!
  • NareenaTheGypsy
    NareenaTheGypsy Posts: 475 Member
    Yes.. the last 2 weeks have been crazy stress at work for me. Yesterday, I told hubby to go ahead and order pizza, knowing I could have a couple pieces for dinner and stay within my calories for the day still. He thought he'd do something nice and ordered my favorite, the chocolate dunker sticks along with the pizza. I just looked at him.. "Really?!" And then he realized what he did. He felt bad, but I managed not to eat a single one. I was sad for missing them but proud that I could make myself NOT eat them lol.

Way to go!
  • FitXnX50
    FitXnX50 Posts: 122 Member
    He thought he'd do something nice and ordered my favorite, the chocolate dunker sticks
    You've gotta train that guy to arrange for your favorite exercise instead.
  • AnaVerasGettingFit
    AnaVerasGettingFit Posts: 109 Member
    Ugh - totally! There are those times when it's just so hard!!! Great job not succumbing to the pressure:)
  • uidb5259
    Yes.. the last 2 weeks have been crazy stress at work for me. Yesterday, I told hubby to go ahead and order pizza, knowing I could have a couple pieces for dinner and stay within my calories for the day still. He thought he'd do something nice and ordered my favorite, the chocolate dunker sticks along with the pizza. I just looked at him.. "Really?!" And then he realized what he did. He felt bad, but I managed not to eat a single one. I was sad for missing them but proud that I could make myself NOT eat them lol.

Way to go!

It feels so good to know that you are in control and not the urges! Way to go.
  • skellyness
    skellyness Posts: 165 Member
    They always put the Doritos on the end of the isles in Morrissons as well :/ I hate it when I'm craving, usually avoid supermarkets completely. Well done :)
  • APBTChampion
    APBTChampion Posts: 93 Member
    Have you ever had one of those days where you really want to eat all the bad stuff? You want to load up your grocery cart with temptation? Then you want to go home and just sit on the couch and not workout? Well, yesterday was one of those days for me. First we went out to dinner and I had to fight so many cravings for high calorie, high fat items. I succeeded! Then we went to the grocery store and those doughnuts and Doritos looked SO GOOD! But I forced myself to pass by them. Then we got home and I so wanted to just sit on the couch and watch the playoffs. But we did a video from 30DS. Eat that FAT! You do not have control over me!

Exercise that willpower! Yeah!
  • catneon
    catneon Posts: 911 Member
    OMG beat the crap out of those cravings!!! Thanks for posting definite NSV!
  • sarahisme18
    sarahisme18 Posts: 574 Member
    Have you ever had one of those days where you really want to eat all the bad stuff? You want to load up your grocery cart with temptation? Then you want to go home and just sit on the couch and not workout? Well, yesterday was one of those days for me. First we went out to dinner and I had to fight so many cravings for high calorie, high fat items. I succeeded! Then we went to the grocery store and those doughnuts and Doritos looked SO GOOD! But I forced myself to pass by them. Then we got home and I so wanted to just sit on the couch and watch the playoffs. But we did a video from 30DS. Eat that FAT! You do not have control over me!

YEP!! Good for you!!! :) Giving us all inspiration!
  • JennPrebs
    JennPrebs Posts: 111 Member
    I have to many of these days! So far i have impressed myself to stay away from temptation!
  • ok, wtf does NSV stand for?
  • uidb5259
    ok, wtf does NSV stand for?

NSV = Non Scale Victory!
  • Love this! I needed to hear this today - I've been wanting to eat junk constantly lately! Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!