My First NSV!

Options
I had my first NSV tonight and I couldn't be happier. I started here and on my path to a healthier and fitter me approximately 2 weeks ago. I made the decision to do this because I was having so much back pain just standing in the kitchen loading or unloading my dishwasher and I had begun to notice that I was getting out of breath just walking to the restroom at work. This was unacceptable! So I made a promise to myself to begin eating healthier and exercising.

The first week I was not able to walk to our neighborhood mailbox - 1/4 of a mile from my door step - without searing, burning pain in my back. By the time I made it there and started on my way back I was in tears and to the point of almost begging my husband to get the car and come pick me up. :embarassed: Thankfully I didn't. I stuck with it and in that week made it there and back 3 times with a lot of stopping and crying. I then began using my elliptical instead of walking, mainly because I was so embarrassed with not being able to make it there and back without having to stop.

Tonight, after two weeks of using my elliptical and strengthening my back, I walked 1 mile in a brisk pace without stopping and no back pain! I was in shock. I kept waiting for the pain and it didn't come. I am so happy! This is the main reason I began this journey and I've already accomplished one of my main goals. I still have a long way to go, but just seeing the difference 2 weeks has made has me even more motivated and I just wanted to share my happiness. :happy:

Replies

• RellaBelle
    RellaBelle Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Definitely awesome! I can only imagine how good it feels to hit your first goal.. and so soon! Fantastic! ^_^
  • jeme3
    jeme3 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Doesn't take long to start seeing/feeling results.
  • janicemitchellcross
    janicemitchellcross Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Well done it is amazing how quickly you can stregthen your body by regular exercise. Keep it up
  • StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    very nice, congrats!
  • iampanda
    iampanda Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    AWESOME! Keep up the fantastic work!!!
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • mcouturezz
    Options
    that is great :)))) keep the good work and you'll feel your body getting stronger everyday :) very proud !!!
  • NyxariaMoon
    NyxariaMoon Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! It really is amazing how fast it happened. Two weeks ago, I was certain that it would take me a month or more. I think I'm still in shock. lol
  • stacyhall79
    Options
    oh my goodness, that's fabulous! Keep up the good work :)
  • Snoopy108
    Snoopy108 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    You are awesome! Great way to work through it, and think about all you can accomplish!! Hurray!!!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's really awesome! Use this momentum to keep moving forward!!
  • Jmstill300
    Jmstill300 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Every journey begins with a single step! Very nice start! :smile:
  • Bettsy_A
    Bettsy_A Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    WOOHOOO!!! Well done! That is so very very awesome :D Getting stronger every day is the best feeling!
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Wonderful!!! :-)
  • bulldozergirl
    Options
    i am so proud for you..... losing weight is so hard.....hope i can lose that fast
  • chappappy
    chappappy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    One word for you: FANTASTIC!
  • NyxariaMoon
    NyxariaMoon Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone. Just have to say that this community is awesome! I can't stop smiling. :)
  • hollin40
    hollin40 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! You will have many more NSVs but the first one is the most awesome because it's what keeps you going! You can do it!!!!!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Beautiful!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!