AMAZEBALLS!!! or oreo cheese cake bites.

Options
I made these today and omg they are amazing! It's kind of a lot of calories for 1 ball but I made them for a friend's birthday instead of cake balls and i was curious to see how many weight watchers points the were and they were 2 and a half points. On the old system anyway...

So you will need:
1pkg of oreos
1 8oz pkg of cream cheese
8 chocolate graham crackers
Powered sugar for dusting (optional)

You can pretty much make any flavor combination you like but I think these are the best.

Crush oreos (I used the food processor)
Mix in cream cheese, I did this step wth my hand because it's easier and i didn't want to make it real soggy.
Mix well together and roll into balls. It made 28 balls. Well that is if you could resist not eating it while rolling lol..
Crush up graham crackers (also used food processor)
Drop rolled balls on the cracker crumbs coating it all, dust with powered sugar and WHHAAAMMMYYY!!

LITTLE BALLS OF HEAVEN!

I'm sure if you used low fat, reduced fat, no flavored cream cheese the calorie counter will be lower but my friend isn't on a diet so it is what it is lol.

If you end up trying these let me know who you think.

Replies

• lizblizz2012
    lizblizz2012 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm probably going to get a lot of smack for this but......

I'm pretty sure this forum is really only for healthier recipes. Don't get me wrong, those sound heavenly... but I estimate they have at least 100+ calories per ball and the point of this whole site is to eat healthier.... Sorry if I sound witchy. I just don't think it's fair to shove recipes like this in the faces of people who are fighting off sweet cravings with all their might. Like I said I'm sure they're great, but let's only post non-sabbotage recipes :)
  • AutumnisBSB
    AutumnisBSB Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Sounds good. I make these around the holidays and dip them in chocolate though.

Not everyone on this site eats all healthy foods. Some of us may appreciate her posting this recipe.
  • Lookingforfitat40
    Options

I'm pretty sure this forum is really only for healthier recipes. Don't get me wrong, those sound heavenly... but I estimate they have at least 100+ calories per ball and the point of this whole site is to eat healthier.... Sorry if I sound witchy. I just don't think it's fair to shove recipes like this in the faces of people who are fighting off sweet cravings with all their might. Like I said I'm sure they're great, but let's only post non-sabbotage recipes :)

If you make good choices throughout the day and leave yourself 200 calories, then you could have 2 of these and still accomplish your goals.

Ultimately, no one is going to find personal accountability on the internet.
  • busymomma97
    busymomma97 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    The way to achieve a ultimate healthy lifestyle is to enjoy everything in MODERATION, an occasional oreo ball..cookie..pizza..etc is not the enemy. It is the over indulgence of the food choices we make. Mind over matter, enjoy your food...all your food..but don't eat like a glutenous pig. I think if we restrict ourselves too much then we quickly give up and look at it as just another "diet" instead of a healthy lifestyle and healthy way of eating.
  • IrishHarpy1
    IrishHarpy1 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    The way to achieve a ultimate healthy lifestyle is to enjoy everything in MODERATION, an occasional oreo ball..cookie..pizza..etc is not the enemy. It is the over indulgence of the food choices we make. Mind over matter, enjoy your food...all your food..but don't eat like a glutenous pig. I think if we restrict ourselves too much then we quickly give up and look at it as just another "diet" instead of a healthy lifestyle and healthy way of eating.

Yup. This is the mantra that finally got me on course -- and kept me there.

These sound *AMAZING*!!! I'm sure I'll be making them soon... and sharing with others. Can't keep them all to myself now, can I?
  • Lipstickandlashes
    Options
    Actually... They are 106 calories per ball and 2 1/2 weight watchers points.. Oh and I don't remember seeing a recipe restrictions section. But I could be wrong. So tell me, EVERY SINGLE DAY, you eat healthy? I mean you don't enjoy little things here and there in moderation? If you have such a strict strict diet why even look in the recipe section? I'm pretty sure people post all kinds of recipes. I know a really good no fat no calorie no sugar no carb snack. Fill up the ice tray with water and every time you crave something sweet suck on one. They are sooo good especially when your sweet tooth has a cavity and you really get that brain zing. I also said to you can use reduced fat cream cheese and any cookie combinations you like. If you can't enjoy things that aren't always low fat, no calorie, splenda added, sugar free, cardboard flavored sweets, then you are probably going to be really upset the next pot luck you are around or better yet the holidays. If you work out and eat in moderation then you can eat whatever you want. I tried the black bean brownies and the chunky monkey peanut butter "healthy cookies", and for the lack of better terms, tasted like "bad times". Haha. Weight watchers teaches you you don't always have to eat salads and nuts and berries and boiled chicken to be healthy and lose weight. There was a guy who ate twinkies for a couple months, stayed under his calorie goal. And lost 40lbs HE ATE NOTHING BUT TWINKIES im not saying it's healthy and that i don't condone it, however, you eating a cookie ball isn't going to make you fat. We make us fat, not food! It's perfect for a sweet craving and great for giving as a birthday cake instead of a cake which is around 7 points per slice. Just sayin. Oh and they ARE heavenly! Also I'm not being mean. I'm just saying if i wanna post a recipe of bacon fat fried doughnuts then I should be able to without being judged. This Site is for everyone, some people want to gain weight, some people just like cooking ideas then turning them into their own. for whatever reason it is. I will continue to post what i want and not feel like I'm sabotaging your diet. I'm not shoving it in your mouth and making you chew. I've also lost 40lbs, I'm doing something right.
  • lafochs
    lafochs Posts: 21
    Options
    These are amazing. We make them for the holidays each year. I actually like mine dipped in white chocolate. Heavenly!
  • busymomma97
    busymomma97 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Very glad I was low on my calories today...these were quite yummy and with MODERATION I am still under calories!! =)
  • Lipstickandlashes
    Options
    Very glad I was low on my calories today...these were quite yummy and with MODERATION I am still under calories!! =)
    :-)
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    To the OP calm down ma luv, you'll give yourself a heart attack if you get any more riled. Oh, and pass me one of those bals, they sound good :laugh: :flowerforyou: ....

Edited to add request for bacon fat fried doughnut because they sound amazeballs too!
  • emyishardcore
    emyishardcore Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    :)
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    These sound truly amazeballs!!

..but being in Australia...what the heck is a graham cracker?:noway:

Anyone know what they translate to in the land of Oz?
  • Chris_2013
    Chris_2013 Posts: 107 Member
    Options

Agreed. "Moderation" proponents aside, crushed Oreos mixed with cream cheese, chocolate cookies and dusted sugar is not worthy of this site.
  • coffeebrown5
    coffeebrown5 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I need to stay away from this recipe!...I can eat my calories up in them alone...not good
  • RoxannWilliams97
    RoxannWilliams97 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    They sound amazing, I will definatly try them. (even if I have to do 15 extra minutes on the treadmill to stay within my daily calorie intake)
  • moityrr
    moityrr Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am going to get the kids to try making these! I am always looking for easy recipes for family get together's and holidays and this sounds so good. My up and coming young chef can likely make these alone! Thanks!
  • kimhurt
    kimhurt Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Aequitas503
    Options
    These sound truly amazeballs!!

..but being in Australia...what the heck is a graham cracker?:noway:

Anyone know what they translate to in the land of Oz?

Not entirely sure what a graham cracker is, but since it seems to call for crushed chocolate bikkie, perhaps Chocolate Ripples would be a good substitute?
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! Sounds yummy!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

Agreed. "Moderation" proponents aside, crushed Oreos mixed with cream cheese, chocolate cookies and dusted sugar is not worthy of this site.

Yes, it is. Speak for yourself, not the whole community.