Weighing tips! Help help help..

Options
2»

Replies

• michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I kinda want to be at my goal weight after dinner while wearing clothing. But that's me.
  • SWilkins75
    SWilkins75 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I weight first thing in am around same time with no clothes on and use the bathroom first...
    The best way imo!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I weigh first thing in the morning before I've had anything to eat. It doesn't really matter, anyway, as long as you weigh at the same time.
  • SWilkins75
    Options
    I kinda want to be at my goal weight after dinner while wearing clothing. But that's me.
    Yea, everyone is different. Just like everyone can't eat over 2,000 calories a day and still lose weight.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I weight first thing in am around same time with no clothes on and use the bathroom first...
    ^ This. And I also understand that there will be day-to-day up and down fluctuations due to sodium intake/water balance and a host of other possible causes. As long as the overall trend is downward over weeks/months, it's all good.
  • durardjordin
    Options
    First thing in the morning, but I do it naked (sorry if its to much info) but your clothes will make you weigh a couple pounds more then you are. So I get completely naked. Hope this helps.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Yea, everyone is different. Just like everyone can't eat over 2,000 calories a day and still lose weight.
    Huh? Where did I say anything about that? :huh:
  • SWilkins75
    Options
    Huh? Where did I say anything about that? :huh:
    I never said you did, did I? Some people probably prefer to do it their own way until they get closer to their goal weight.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself 2x a day -first thing in the morning after going to the bathroom, and last thing before I crawl into bed at night. It's not an obsession for me so if forget and crawl into bed and haven't weighed myself I don't get out of bed to do it, or if I forget in the morning it's no big deal.

The morning weigh-in is the one I feel is most accurate. The bed time weigh-in is a motivator for me - it keeps me from eating too much in the evening, and it also reminds me that there will be fluctuations.

I think whatever time you weight yourself is fine, as long as it's consistent.