Nike + IPod

Options
So I love my Nikes, and I love my Ipod. If only there was some glorious device that somehow utilized them both to the benefit of my health....

Wait a sec! There is!

So, all that drama aside, anyone tried this? It seems pretty spiffy, so I am leaning towards it. Anyone have any advice they can float my way?

Mucho Thanks Amigos! (That's Spanglish for you)

-J:heart:

Replies

• sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    So I love my Nikes, and I love my Ipod. If only there was some glorious device that somehow utilized them both to the benefit of my health....

Wait a sec! There is!

So, all that drama aside, anyone tried this? It seems pretty spiffy, so I am leaning towards it. Anyone have any advice they can float my way?

Mucho Thanks Amigos! (That's Spanglish for you)

-J:heart:
  • Kimosabe
    Kimosabe Posts: 71
    Options
    Well I did have one until the battery ran out.
    It is totally worth it if you don't mind purchasing a new one everytime the battery dies. :grumble:

That is why I decided to just go with a Polar F11 heart rate monitor. :bigsmile:

But it would be totally up to you...

Kim
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    Well I did have one until the battery ran out.
    It is totally worth it if you don't mind purchasing a new one everytime the battery dies. :grumble:

That is why I decided to just go with a Polar F11 heart rate monitor. :bigsmile:

But it would be totally up to you...

Kim

Hmmm....that's good to know....what kind of battery life are we talking about here?
  • Kimosabe
    Kimosabe Posts: 71
    Options
    Well mine went dead in under a year, but I only got to use the thing maybe a dozen times.
    So I wouldn't be able to give you an accurate time line. :ohwell:

But beings they cost $26.99 a pop, not including taxes. It maybe worth looking into something that may cost more, like the Polar but if the batteries go dead I can drive to a place that sells them and have the battery changed.

That was the huge downside with the Nike+Ipod thing, is you can't change the battery once it dies. It may not last as long if you use it more???? That I don't know.

Have you googled it to see what other people are saying about it??:huh:
  • Adele
    Adele Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I just got one of these - haven't tried it yet but when I do I'll let you know - supposedly it has inspirational comments during your workout....then you download your data and see your progress.

:wink: