Encouragement for Everyone :)

Options
I just wanted to encourage everyone, no matter if trying to lose 3 pounds or 300 pounds, that you can do it! It will take dedication and effort, but you will get to your goal :) Honor your body with the health and wellness it deserves. :) MFP is an amazing place to start. Log all your calories and don't cheat. Go gluten free. Switch butter/canola/cooking oil to organic coconut/olive oil. Eat raw foods. Lean chicken and fish. I would recommend using a measuring tape over a scale, because sometimes you gain muscle weight. :)
Since June 2012 until now, I have lost 4.5 inches off my hips and 4.5 off my waist! I didn't try at all until September! I Before September I exercised every once in a while and counted my calories half the time. Now that I have been dedicated, I have picked up amazing habits! I exercise 6 days a week. I am on a fitness dvd program. I eat healthy..with the exception of dark chocolate every once in a while...haha! I count my calories on MFP every day and I enjoy my one day off! It's amazing!
I was the last person in the world who would ever think about exercising and now I have a goal of a size 25 waist (5 inches left after all this hard work!) and I WILL ACHIEVE IT! So can all of you, whatever your goal is! :)

I just wanted to encourage every one of you and if you wanted to be accountability partners/coaches/motivators let me know!
I also have great healthy recipes! :D
Post you success or currently-on-the-road-to-success stories here!
Here's to all of our health and wellness goals being met! :)

Replies

• HerPanda
    Options
    Thanks for the post. I felt awkward because I only want to lose 10-15 pounds. Your words made me smile. :)
  • oliviaohair
    oliviaohair Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks! So true!
  • Msdjt75
    Msdjt75 Posts: 24
    Options
    I am losing 15-17 but sometimes it feels like 50 because I havent been successful....
  • breatheHeaven
    Options
    @HerPanda: You are welcome! Don't be; those ten to fifteen pounds yell "I'm committed!" From you to your body, no matter how little weight it is :) Good goal for you! You will achieve it! :)

@okogua: You are welcome! :)

@Msdjt75: It can definitely feel that way, when those cravings get the best of you. :( But the good news is that it is possible and you will be at your goal weight before you know it! Instead of looking at it as a goal weight, look at it as a commitment to nurture and honor your body with a level of wellness. You are what you eat. So by giving your body good food and exercise, wellness will kick in! That means your body-weight, hair, skin, nails, metabolism, and all-will look and be amazing! So your 15-17 pounds would fall right off! :) Focusing on the number on the scale might not be very motivating...
  • oliviaohair
    oliviaohair Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have really lost motivation lately, reading this again has really helped give me hope and motivation.