Anatomy of a Potentially Self-Destructive Binge Averted

Options
13»

Replies

• etfan
    etfan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this, Scott. You handled the craving magnificently, and this is very inspiring!
  • rudy7020
    Options
    :bigsmile: Great Scott, you did it! I'm so impressed with your ability to cope and plan in a time of crisis. You did a wonderful job today.
  • sharonhauptman
    sharonhauptman Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Resistance is victory!!!!! Help yourself to my motto!!! You earned it
  • plmtrprsn
    plmtrprsn Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Well done as usual! I had a similar encounter with candy corn a couple of weeks ago. I wasn't quite as controlled, but managed not to eat the whole bag before I stopped. This was at work and I left the bag in my desk overnight. That night I felt so awful that the next morning I walked into my office and before I even turned on my computer, I grabbed the bag, marched to the break room, pured them into a serving bowl and left them on the counter. I stayed away until lunch time and when I returned, they were all gone.

If I had left them in my desk, I would have eaten the rest by the end of the day.

So, on that note, one suggestion - dig those Baby Ruth's out of the trunk of your car and put them somewhere others can enjoy them. That way they aren't sitting there, in the back of your mind, reminding you how well you handled today and tempting you to test yourself just one more time...
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    wow, I will come read this again when i feel like eating anyting and everything that is no nailed down!

THIS
  • lmjonesga
    lmjonesga Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Impressive, as usual! You are an inspiration to all of us, Scott! :)
  • got2bstrong
    Options
    AWESOME POST!

I love how very well you analyzed the situation... I love how you came to MFP to get support...

VICTORY!
  • bluejayyy
    bluejayyy Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much, you are truly a great writer! This story is very supportive to all of us, but especially the ones who struggle with BED on a regular basis.

This is just what I needed today.
  • D0ry
    D0ry Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS Scott!!

For your totally amazing win against the monster. Wow!!!! You are really committed to your lifestyle change and that deserves true respect and admiration. Keep up the good work!!!

And THANK YOU Scott!

For letting us all know about this victory of yours. I really appreciate the fact that you share so much of your thoughts and emotions with us here on MFP. As it's been said before - we all (some more than other) have monster(s) and we fight them regularly. Or we don't manage to fight them. But we should!!!

Recently I can't fight mine at all and I eat big chocolate bars just like that... Then comes the guilt, not to mention the scales... I feel somehow ashamed when I read this - I can't stop thinking now that I suck at self control or (to be on the positive side) that I can deffinitely do better! Next time I hope to remember and come back to this post when the Cholate Dozer comes... before I shut my eyes and open my mouth for it...