Losing weight....becoming a jerk?

So in the past I have been a very passive person. Not wanting to "rock the boat " going along with whatever. Now that I lost a good deal of weight I find myself becoming more assertive and confident. Has anyone else experienced this as well? I don't feel like I'm being a jerk, just sick of being a doormat.

Replies

• Good for you.
  • I defend myself more about my eating habits when people pick on me. That's more of me just being fed up, though.
  • kel665
    kel665 Posts: 401 Member
    It sounds to me as if you have just gained the self confidence that you didn't have before when you were carrying the extra weight. Good on you I say! As long as you are not hurting other people, why not stand up for yourself and say what you think? :)
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    So in the past I have been a very passive person. Not wanting to "rock the boat " going along with whatever. Now that I lost a good deal of weight I find myself becoming more assertive and confident. Has anyone else experienced this as well? I don't feel like I'm being a jerk, just sick of being a doormat.
    Never understood this one.

I was confident when I was fat, I am confident now. Your character is from the inside out, not the outside in.

What you gonna do if you get injured and can NEVER workout again? Confidence is not external bro. You either have it or you don't.