Looking for new friends!

Options
Hey everyone!

I'm not exactly new here but I'd love to have some friends on MFP. It's always inspiring to see other people's progress when I log in, and I'd love to have friends to talk to about weight loss for motivation and support.

I'm a 22 year old living in Australia and on my (third, you could say) weight loss journey. I've done this twice before, the first time with Curves and Jenny Craig, the second time on Duromine. I kept the weight off the second time for a year and a half until I got lazy again. So I know how this goes, Id just love some support this time around as I'm doing this on my own. I've got 30kg to go! :)

b.

Replies

• peanutUK
    peanutUK Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi :0). I've been on MFP for awhile too, but am in need of inspiration! It's my 2nd weight loss journey, my first was about 8 years ago and it's slowly crept back up! Good luck to you and I'll send a friend request your way.
  • cruciia
    cruciia Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hey! Watching it creep back up is the worst. I did nothing about it though, thinking that I would be able to just eat healthier without exercise and that would do it. How wrong I was.
  • kb_CG_wife
    kb_CG_wife Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I'm not new either. I'm starting on my third journey as well. I have 18 lbs to lose at this point.
  • cruciia
    Options
    Good luck! It's much easier when you have support, and I'm finding there is so much motivation to keep going seeing everyone on here logging in their weight loss.
  • ThereOnceWasAUnionMaid
    Options
    Hey! I'm new to both MFP and weight loss, but I'm looking for more friends on here to keep me accountable. Since I just started this journey I'm not 100% what'll work for me, but I really love the social aspect of MFP...add me if you want :)
  • triliaeris
    triliaeris Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This is just the kind of thread I was looking for! I'd love to add some more people on here as well! Feel free to add me
  • cruciia
    Options
    Hey! I have found MFP to be the best way to have control over my own food. I had been on Jenny Craig, Lite n Easy etc but here I can eat what I like (healthy, and unhealthy in moderation of course) and I'm starting to understand how weight loss works... the calories in, calories out aspect of it all. Good luck on your journey and if you ever need any support or have questions i'm here! :)
  • rakeshberi
    rakeshberi Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me guys. On here most days and found this site really helped me on my journey.
  • sweetiepaia
    sweetiepaia Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Oh how I know the feeling! I'm an old newbie also...I was here a couple of years back (under anothre name). Watching the weight creep back...all of suddent your "sexy" jeans dont fit anymore :(
  • cruciia
    Options
    Oh how I know the feeling! I'm an old newbie also...I was here a couple of years back (under anothre name). Watching the weight creep back...all of suddent your "sexy" jeans dont fit anymore :(

And then you say 'they just shrunk in the wash... every time.' haha
  • vimanshu
    Options
    Hi ! I am new to MFP, planning to loose weight for the first time.
    I started on 1 st October' 2012 and lost around 1.5 kg by 10th October. But now, my weight has stopped going down. Though I am not eating more than 1100 Cal a day. However, I am not following any exercise regime.

Can anyone suggest. Is it mandatory to maintain exercise along with MFP
  • cruciia
    Options
    You need to eat at least 1200 calories a day for proper nutrition. I found that if I ate less than that I was very hungry, more likely to eat more on another day and I just didn't lose weight. Your body goes into starvation mode. Exercise helps too as it speeds up your metabolism. I find I'm definitely not as hungry when i exercise. You only really need to exercise three times a week for results. However you don't need to exercise to lose weight as you're eating under your BMR which burns calories.

Also, the first two weeks you do lose more weight than you would normally as your body is in shock, sort of thing. I lost 2kg in my first week and have lost 1 kg in the last two weeks and I expect that number to go down (i'm starting my fourth week of solid workouts). When I was smaller I would only lose perhaps 0.5kg a week.
  • nzenczak
    nzenczak Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I've been doing this for just s few weeks but I love to add new friends and give and get support. Please feel free to add me!