''Suleng has lost 0lb .........however...

Options
For all those people like me who don't see the scales going down!

Nineteen months ago I was told I had to lose weight by my doctor because I have high blood pressure. I lost 21lb quite quickly but gained 7lb of that back. I am struggling to lose that 7lb again and was feeling VERY down hearted until I came across the piece of paper I had written my measurements on 19 months ago!

They read like this:

4.2.11 - 11.10.12

Waist 34'' - 30''

Thigh 25'' - 23''

Calf 15.5'' - 14''

Arm (top) 15'' - 12.5''

Unfortunately my hips have remained at 42'', but hopefully if I keep going they will reduce too!

So basically, trust the tape measure!

Replies

• diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I know I still have a way to go but I was really pleased and wanted to share the success!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    That's great! What sort of exercise are you doing? Weights?
  • TimmyT66
    Options
    Nice Stats Suleng well done
  • SirKelsalot
    Options
    That's great news :D So at least you know you're definitely getting somewhere ^_^ If you're doing weights/resistance more than anything it could be that you're gaining muscle as you're losing fat, hence the results - muscle is leaner. If this is the case, the fat should start dropping off eventually since more muscle = fat burns faster.

I'm happy for you! Keep it up!

Edited to add: I get you on the whole hips thing. I've got MASSIVE hips and I can't see myself losing another inch there without my bones being physically cut away!
  • diadojikohei
    Options
    That's great news :D So at least you know you're definitely getting somewhere ^_^ If you're doing weights/resistance more than anything it could be that you're gaining muscle as you're losing fat, hence the results - muscle is leaner. If this is the case, the fat should start dropping off eventually since more muscle = fat burns faster.

I'm happy for you! Keep it up!

Edited to add: I get you on the whole hips thing. I've got MASSIVE hips and I can't see myself losing another inch there without my bones being physically cut away!

Thanks! Yup I've always had big hips!

The exercise I've been doing is brisk walking, 4mph/4.5mph and skipping with a rope. I do both with my 11 year old daughter! You can already see by her build she will be slim on top but curvy in the hip department!!

edit out typo!
  • diadojikohei
    Options
    Forgot to add I have tried to clean out my diet too! Lots of water, fresh veg and not to much processed, I feel like I have more energy too!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!