This will always be my favorite NSV!

Options
suenix24
suenix24 Posts: 121 Member
When I started this change to my life, I wrote down my goals. Besides the obvious, I had one that was close to my heart. I did not want to be the fatest mom walking with my son on Senior Night at his last high school soccer game. Even writing this makes me tear up.

I promised myself when I had kids that they would always be healthy and active. I kept my promise. However, I sat on the sidelines, let myself go and was always afraid that they were embarrassed of me in front of their friends. Some of these soccer boys I have seen grow up because of the travel soccer leagues. I would sit and look at all the “perfect” moms and feel so inferior. Sometimes, I felt like they did not want to talk to me because I was heavy. In the last couple of months, I have realized that it was not because of my size, it was because of my own insecurities and the way I carried myself.

I have lost over 40 pounds and 20+ inches since I wrote that goal down. Walking with him yesterday, I felt awesome and his hug sealed the deal.

Yesterday, I reached another goal. Thank you my MFP friends for being so supportive!!

Replies

• awilmeri
    awilmeri Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Aww great work! I know all about the insecurities!
  • Vincentsz
    Vincentsz Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I am happy for you! You're doing great! Keep at it!
  • denise0516
    Options
    Great job! NSV are just as important!
  • LoriBeMe
    LoriBeMe Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Your story is very touching. Congrats on your success so far!
  • jodrake5
    jodrake5 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Awesome story :) Thanks for posting! Glad you are overcoming your challenges and seeing improvement physically and emotionally! You rock.
  • grdnr03
    grdnr03 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    love it! can relate, I will soon have Senior Night for my girl, :sad:

congrats on a job well done
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    What a lovely NSV :flowerforyou:
  • Laner07
    Laner07 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your goal. I'm sure your kids are very proud of you.
  • ammadove
    ammadove Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    What a beautiful goal and a wonderful accomplishment. Congratulations and flowers to you:):flowerforyou:
  • kiangel
    kiangel Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Well done and inspired me to write my goals down
  • suenix24
    suenix24 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! This is just another reason why I love MFP. The support is the best!! :flowerforyou:
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success!

(You and I are kindred spirits--I, also, wanted to stop being one of the fat moms in my son's crowd of friends!)
  • Penelope2Plyr
    Penelope2Plyr Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting such an inspirational message for all of us to share. WTG, and may you continue on the road to success. Thumbs up mf.
  • jill1765
    Options
    Great job reaching your goal!!! :smile:
  • ShellyakaLady
    ShellyakaLady Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!
  • famlyluv
    famlyluv Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    You made me tear up :cry: . Congrats on your achievement!
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Awww, you made *me* tear up. Congrats! So happy for you! :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • rmojo13
    rmojo13 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your accomplishment! I'm sure your son is proud of his mom as he should be. Thanks for sharing your story.
  • bsix3
    bsix3 Posts: 291
    Options
    That's an awesome testimony. You sat out to achieve a goal and YOU did it. Congrats on your NSV. I know your family is proud of you. Keep striving!!!
  • sandobr1
    sandobr1 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Great to be able to get to and pass those milestones. I think writing them down and looking at them often is a great idea, I need to do this too, been pondering it for a while as I close in on my first goal, 30 pounds down by 11/5/12.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!