Bought giant thing of quick oats by accident =(

Options
2»

Replies

• FirefitMike
    FirefitMike Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Add oats to your smoothie and blend well.
  • Autumn_P
    Autumn_P Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I use them in smoothies. I make one for my son every morning! Oats, milk (or almond milk) peanut butter and a banana. Add protein powder too if you'd like
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin Oatmeal

Prep Time: 5 Minutes
    Cook Time: 3 Minutes
    Ready In: 8 Minutes
    Servings: 2

Ingredients:
    1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
    3/4 cup milk, or as needed
    1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
    1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
    1 teaspoon cinnamon sugar

Directions:
    1. Mix together oats and milk in a microwave-safe bowl. Cook on high for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring once. Add more milk or oats to achieve the desired consistency, and cook for another 30 seconds. Stir in pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon sugar. Heat through, and serve.
  • 13turtles
    13turtles Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I would try baked oatmeal. It's easy, uses lots of the oats, and then you have a quick grab and go breakfast thatt is very filling. Here is one recipe, but there are tons out there. Some say to use old fashioned oats, and I have, but I have also substituted quick oats with great results. Also, I always substitute applesauce for the oil and add diced apples. It cuts back on the calories, and adds a great apple taste to the oatmal bars.

http://www.quakeroats.com/cooking-and-recipes/content/recipes/recipe-detail.aspx?recipeid=580 (Good recipe, no oil)
    http://www.yummly.com/recipe/Easy-Baked-Oatmeal-Allrecipes
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Could you not buy a tub of regular oats and mix them?
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
    (Serves 1)

1/2 c. milk of choice (such as almond milk)
    1/2 c. water or more milk of choice
    1/4 tsp salt
    1/2 c. rolled oats
    1/4 c. canned pumpkin
    1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
    sweetener as desired (For a true “creme brulee” feel, you can use the Melted Banana Trick… or, I have a friend who likes to put brown sugar on top and then bake the already-cooked oatmeal under the “broil” setting, so it gets all caramelized.)
    raisins and walnuts as desired
    1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
    cinnamon! Mix some in, and sprinkle more on top

Combine all ingredients on the stovetop and bring to a boil. Stir over medium heat until desired thickness is reached.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    If you haven't opened them you can likely return them. Otherwise, you should be able to add whatever you usually add to old fashioned oats. There's not a lot of difference between the two, other than cooking time.

Yep.
  • JennWeighZen
    JennWeighZen Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I apologize if this has already been recommended, but check out www.chocolatecoveredkatie.com

She's got several recipes using quick oats, and I know one for a fact that has canned pumpkin! I think it's the pumpkin no-bakes... my daughter and boyfriend love them! (and they're pretty picky when it comes to "healthy" food)
  • kerriknox
    kerriknox Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    put a cup or so in a tub of warm water and soak your feet, makes them feel soft and smooth!

They are also great as an exfoliating rub on your face.
  • emih29
    emih29 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I blend oats up and use it as flour
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    No Bake Pumpkin, Raisin, Oatmeal Cookie Recipe-Very Yum! (makes 12) 1 cup quick oats ¼ cup raisins ¼ teaspoon salt ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice ⅓ cup canned pumpkin 1 tablespoon oil (such as canola) ½ teaspoon vanilla extract 2 tablespoons honey Combine all the dry ingredients. Mix in the wet ingredients and roll into balls. Serve or refrigerate them for later consumption. For one ball = 56 calories, 1.6 g fat, 10 g carbohydrates, 4.8g sugar, 1.0 g protein, 0.8 g fiber, 51 mg sodium Omit or add what you like..I have used PB2 instead pumkin and Banna vs raison;-)
  • hilly215
    hilly215 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    bump! :happy:
  • tiffyree
    tiffyree Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    "I sprinkle instant oats on sliced apples and pears and bake them in the oven. makes a tasty low-cal fruit crisp! "

Can you give more details?
  • lyndyb88
    lyndyb88 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    make some meatloaf :)
  • jenypri
    jenypri Posts: 46
    Options
    This was my blog the other day, hope it helps

This recipe is for my favorite breakfast ever! It is simple, cheap, filling, delicious and LOW CALORIE!!!

Most of the ingredients should last you for a full month!

Ingredients:

Great Value QUICK oats (Found in the cereal Isle at Wal-Mart- $2.49 for a large can)- 1 Cup

Great Value Ground Cinnamon- (found in the spices isle at Wal-mart- $1.49) - 1Tsp

Great Value Lite Brown Sugar- (found in the spices isle at Wal-mart-$1.59) - 1Tsp

*Optional- Shredded Almonds- (found in the spices isle at Wal-mart-$.99)-Handful

One Banana- Sliced

To prepare-

Add all ingredients into a bowl, except the banana. Add desired amounts of water (I do not add much water because I like my oatmeal a little dry) and microwave for 2 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes and then add sliced banana across the top...THATS IT!!! So Simple!

**for added flavor, add half a packet of low sugar, low fat hot cocoa mix and a Tsp of peanut butter, this will make it taste just like a no bake cookie!!

This recipe is just over 300 calories!
  • Timalein
    Timalein Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    why don't you return it or exchange it for the kind you usually use?
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Found somewhere on MFP, "microwave minute mug muffins."

1/4c quick oats
    1 egg
    "handful" of berries, fresh or frozen
    1t (or so) of milk (or water, vodka, etc) to moisten
    A bit of sweetener (agave nectar, maple syrup, splenda, stevia...) to taste.

Mix it all up in a mug and nuke for a minute. It looks really scary when it's poofing out over the top of the mug, but doesn't spill per se.

Also has the benefit of being high-protein, low-carb, if you're into that sort of thing.

Enjoy!
  • Timalein
    Timalein Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    These are all recipes from my Flat Belly Diet by Liz Vaccariello - my favorite is the pumpkin - I buy bulk nuts at the local health store and store everything in jars in the fridge to avoid the nuts becoming rancid. Each meal has a MUFA (monsaturated fatty acid) present.

Apple-Almond Oatmeal
    1/2 cup oats
    1 cup water
    1 tsp (or to taste) apple pie spice mix
    1 apple shredded with skin
    2 tbsp almonds
    Total Calories 375

Banana-Pecan Oatmeal
    1/2 cup oats
    1 cup water
    1 sliced Banana
    sprinkle Cinnamon & nutmeg
    add 2 tbsp pecan
    Total Calories 380

Banana Split Oatmeal
    1/2 cup oats
    1 cup water
    1/4 cup microwave frozen strawberries
    1/4 cup sliced Banana
    1 tbsp semi-sweet chocolate chips
    2 tbsp peanuts
    Total Calories 365

Blueberry Nut Oatmeal
    3/4 c quick oats cooed with water consistency of your choice
    1 cup frozen blueberries
    2 Tbsp Cashews
    Total Calories 395

Peachy Pecan Oatmeal
    3/4 c quick oats cooed with water consistency of your choice
    Organic sliced peaches
    sprinkle nutmeg
    2 Tbsp Pecans
    Total Calories 375

Pumpkin Spiced Oatmeal
    1 cup water
    pinch of salt
    1/3 cup quick oats
    1/4 cup pure pumpkin (not sweetened)
    2 tbsp pecans
    1/2 tsp to 1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
    Total Calories 272
  • juliette28
    Options
    So glad you asked because these are all great ideas!