Favorite NSV?

Options
I got an all new favorite NSV at the store last week. I always talk to people at the store, its a women's consignment shop so it is all ladies. There were a couple of ladies picking out stuff, a bit older than me. I was trying on some coats. After giving them some opinions (asked for) about some of the stuff they were trying, one of the ladies turned to me and said, "I'll bet everything in your size looks cute on you." It wasn't that long ago that I was wearing the same size they were...I smiled and said thank you. But I'm over the moon about that compliment.

What's your favorite so far?

Replies

• AmandaInGA
    AmandaInGA Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I got into a pair of shorts that I haven't been able to wear in about 3 years.
  • xo_Sarah_xo
    xo_Sarah_xo Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Mine is that I can see my collarbones again! Weird NSV, I know...but it makes me happy :smile:
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    Nice NSVs ladies!!
  • dadzpeach
    dadzpeach Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I pulled on my size 12 jeans without unbuttoning them! and they keep falling off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I haven't been a size 12 since my freshman year of high school!!!!!
  • Juliejustsaying
    Options
    @ dadzpeach... that is an awesome feeling!!! time to go SHOPPING!!!!! yeah I said it!
  • swagner73
    swagner73 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Mine actually happened this morning. My 13 year old daughter hugged me & said "Wow mom. I can actually wrap my arms around you & touch my opposite wrist." I said, "You couldn't do that before?" She said, "Nope. I could only touch the tips of my fingers together." Then she smiled & gave me a high five.
  • McLifterPants
    McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    One of my best was going in to Express because I needed new pants. There was a woman folding at the table and she could see that I looked confused, so I told her that I hadn't bought anything there in awhile and wasn't sure what size I was, so I didn't want to mess up her piles pulling out multiple sizes. She looked me up and down and said "4" and passed me a pair of pants right off the top of the stack. Made my day.

Also, I never get tired of putting my hands on my waist and having it be way further in that I expect it to be! Also, noticing muscles that I've never seen before. They're popping up all over: shoulders, back, thighs. It's so fun, since I haven't lost any actual scale weight in months!
  • SexiBecki
    SexiBecki Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    A boy at McDonald's last night, about 20 years old or so, handed me my change and said, "you're very pretty by the way". So sweet! I don't know if the compliment was nicer or just that he had the guts to say it, lol.

My NSV... I had to tighten my belt one more hole today!
  • dadzpeach
    Options
    @ dadzpeach... that is an awesome feeling!!! time to go SHOPPING!!!!! yeah I said it!

You know what I"m doing this weekend!!! :bigsmile:
  • SexiBecki
    SexiBecki Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Mine actually happened this morning. My 13 year old daughter hugged me & said "Wow mom. I can actually wrap my arms around you & touch my opposite wrist." I said, "You couldn't do that before?" She said, "Nope. I could only touch the tips of my fingers together." Then she smiled & gave me a high five.

That's awesome! How sweet of your daughter to notice and give you a high five!
  • Juliejustsaying
    Options

aw, I love that. I won't tell you what my 11 yo son said last night to me...he was kidding, but it wasn't nice. lol. He does, however, know me pretty well. I had a bad day at work on Monday and came home and took a shower. He was waiting outside the bathroom when I came out and gave me a hug. He said, "I knew you'd had a bad day at work because you came home and showered immediately." Not an NSV, but I felt loved all the same.
  • Juliejustsaying
    Options
    A boy at McDonald's last night, about 20 years old or so, handed me my change and said, "you're very pretty by the way". So sweet! I don't know if the compliment was nicer or just that he had the guts to say it, lol.

My NSV... I had to tighten my belt one more hole today!

That's nice! I may be a freak, but I love it when total strangers tell me I'm beautiful. They don't have to afterall, so it must be true in their eyes at least. :blushing:
  • cherbapp
    cherbapp Posts: 322
    Options
    These kid ones got me thinking of a favorite NSV from a month or so ago...

I was digging in the fridge and my 17 year old son walked in and started talking...and I closed the fridge and turned toward him, and he says "Whoah!....I thought you were Haley...you got skinny!" Haha...Haley is his sister who is the same height as me, but 5 pounds less than my GOAL weight!

I asked if he just said that cuz there was a party that night and he wanted curfew extended or what....lol...he legitimately was mistaken for a sec.

Made my month...:)
  • schell81
    schell81 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I'm wearing my pre-pregnancy jeans today and they're baggy. When I got pregnant 2 years ago I could barely do them up. I also caught a guy I work with checking out my butt, that hasn't happened in a very very long time.
  • Juliejustsaying
    Options
    These kid ones got me thinking of a favorite NSV from a month or so ago...

I was digging in the fridge and my 17 year old son walked in and started talking...and I closed the fridge and turned toward him, and he says "Whoah!....I thought you were Haley...you got skinny!" Haha...Haley is his sister who is the same height as me, but 5 pounds less than my GOAL weight!

I asked if he just said that cuz there was a party that night and he wanted curfew extended or what....lol...he legitimately was mistaken for a sec.

Made my month...:)

WOW! that is awesome and coming from a 17 yo boy! toot that horn!!!:happy:
  • bymyslf892
    bymyslf892 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    My favorite is that none of my size 20 jeans fit me anymore and I can wear a size 16 again!
  • meganbook
    Options
    I guy at work described me as "you know, the skinny brown-haired girl that works in the lab". I've NEVER been the skinny girl! I've always been the "thick" girl. I couldn't believe it! Down 48 pounds since 2007! Great NSVs ladies, keep it up!!
  • dadzpeach
    Options
    oh another one! We are having a remodel at work and sometimes I have to walk through all of the construction workers to get to the other side of the building... I keep getting hit on, by the cutest ones!! *happy dance* :happy: :wink: :laugh: :smile: :tongue: :bigsmile:
  • lorettakay
    lorettakay Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! Keep at it!
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    My collarbones! I haven't seen them before ever! And buying a size 12 skirt last night! YIPEE!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!