Body By Vi (Visalus)

Options
What are your thoughts on Body by Vi? A coworker of mine used it and lost weight in 30 days and has kept it off. He doesn't even excercise becuase of a medical condition. It is kind of expensive but I am not confident how this "magic in a shake" will transform your body? I found this on YouTube and they don't really mention excercise contributing to help with the transformation. I don't want to be a skeptic because it's also a Pyramid company but I have seen the results myself across my cubical. Any thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iw7h1V8zkI&feature=related

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    The reason people lose weight on BBV is because they are at a calorie deficit.

Just save your money and follow MFP.
  • jazee11
    jazee11 Posts: 321
    Options
    You don't need to pay for shake to lose weight. Do your thing. Move more and make healthier food choices and use portion control. You can do it and get the results you want.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    I think you know the answer based on your questions
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as a product that you can eat/drink that will cause you to lose fat. You could drink the Vi shakes and have the same results as if you were to eat within the same calorie range and have a big breakfast with eggs, sausage, etc.

Eat at a deficit and you will lose weight regardless of what you consume.
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Whether its Visalus, Shakeology, Advocare, etc. all the shakes are doing is helping you create a calorie deficit. They are expensive compared to making your own shakes with whey protein, fruit, etc. Track your food on MFP and save your money.
  • solyhhit
    solyhhit Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I don't tend to eat breakfast, so I have a shake with fruits in the morning. Helps me workout without wanting to pass out. But that's pretty much all I use it for. And I do like it. The alternative is usually going hungry and having a crappy workout because of it.
  • GermanicKnight
    Options
    Whether its Visalus, Shakeology, Advocare, etc. all the shakes are doing is helping you create a calorie deficit. They are expensive compared to making your own shakes with whey protein, fruit, etc. Track your food on MFP and save your money.

QFT. Could not have said it better myself.

My sister lost 40lbs in 3 months doing Visalus. She looks fantastic. She has kept it off and eats better too. Yes, it does work and she makes some pretty yummy shakes with it. However, it is WAY TOO EXPENSIVE.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Just passing through....
  • sheilahoff5
    Options
    I did the Body by Vi program and didn't lose any more weight than I would have just following the MFP calorie plans. Plus it is extremely over priced! Think about it, how can these people make $10,000 a month and earn a BMW if somewhere along the way somebody is paying too much? That would be us! Save your money, you can buy much less expensive protein shakes at Wal-mart! This is from somebody who has been there - done that.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Just passing through....

Hey! Me too! How's your Friday so far? :drinker:
  • lorib75
    lorib75 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Go to the grocery store, Go to the frozen food section. Pick out any brand frozen dinner (1 serving) and buy up as many as you like. Eat only these for lunch and dinner every day for 30 days. You will lose weight because you will be eating fewer calories. Magic cure?? Eat less move more!
    Make sense?:flowerforyou:
  • Yolanda4160
    Yolanda4160 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    its all bull! save your money. Lose it naturally and slowly and it will stay off :happy:
  • savannahjo92
    Options
    I know quite a lot of people doing it!! The shakes taste wonderful! The results from people doing it have been phenominal!
    This one lady lost 36 pounds in 3-4 months!!! I would definitely suggest exercise. It's not some magic shake. You'll still have to work hard to lose the pounds..
    I personally will not do it b/c I'm focusing on changing my lifestyle! I want my healthy habits to stay with me for life! The shakes may be great for some people but I know theyre not for me.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Eat right, Move your *kitten*, and keep your money for new clothes
  • WilmaDennis91
    WilmaDennis91 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    One of my friends tried to get me on it, I did my research, it can make you sick too. Don't do it, save your money and eat the real stuff.
  • atamrowski
    atamrowski Posts: 417 Member
    Options

I think I'd rather save the money for new clothes! I don't eat breakfast but usually make a Green Monster and LOVE it! It's kind of the same concept, right? Except I don't add "shake mix that taste like cake mix". I use fruit, veggies, nonfat yogurt, skim milk.

I just need to get my "*kitten*" to the gym on a regular basis!
  • Denise1224
    Denise1224 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I've always been a firm believer in the "there is no magic" potion cure pill or whatever to make you lose weight it can't be done in a healthy way without proper nutrition and exercise .... save your money its yet another diet scam just like all the rest...
  • teejay2039
    Options
    I know quite a lot of people doing it!! The shakes taste wonderful! The results from people doing it have been phenominal!
    This one lady lost 36 pounds in 3-4 months!!! I would definitely suggest exercise. It's not some magic shake. You'll still have to work hard to lose the pounds..

OR, BY USING MFP, EATING HEALTHIER, & EXERCISING MOREm THE FOLLOWING IS ALSO TRUE:

*I* know quite a lot of people doing it!! You can buy whey protein at Wal-Mart & make your own shakes, they taste wonderful! The results from people doing it have been phenominal! There are hundreds, maybe thousands, of people right here on this site who have lost lost anywhere from 5# to 100#+, in a few weeks to several months!!! I would definitely suggest exercise, too. MFP is not a magic shake. You still have to work to lose the pounds...... :D
  • KLPlatinum
    Options
    My sister was doing Body by Vi and was told by the sales rep that she lost all her weight without exercise. For two months my sister drank her 1-2 shakes a day and didn't loss any weight. Now she has joined MFP with me and is losing weight with exercise. She still has her one shake for breakfast since she paid for all the shake mix. She is going to switch brands as soon as she runs out of shake mix because it is so expensive.

I have been using Herbalife protein powder for smoothies in the morning and I love it. I don't think it a magic smoothie, I have smoothies for breakfast because it is an easy breakfast that I can take to work and it helps with my protein intake since I struggle getting enough each day. Herbalife is so much cheaper than Body by Vi. But as everyone else says, you can get protein powder for shakes/smoothies anywhere...WalMart, GNC, etc!
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options

You, my friend are awesome. This ^ X10!!!!!:drinker: