What brand of protein powder to you prefer and why?

Options
I have never had a protein shake in my life , and I started Chalene Extreme....I can tell I will need them :bigsmile:

No Shakeology, though....SO EXPENSIVE :huh: ! Sorry, Beachbody coaches lol

Any imput would be lovely :flowerforyou:

Replies

• T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    BSN Syntha 6 or Muscle Milk Light...they are the best tasting to me
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    LOOOOOVE the syntha 6. It's SOOOOOO tastey.
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I just started using protein powders after working out 2 days ago. I am using the GNC Wheybolic Extreme 60. I got chocolate and vanilla. The guy working in the store swore by it, and the taste isn't bad. One serving is 3 scoops, 60 mg of protein...he said for me, to only take 1 scoop. I mix it in with a cup of milk, ice, 1/2 a banana and 1 tsp peanut butter. Total calories is about 250 for a pretty tasty smoothie!
  • robinbrown
    Options
    i'm not looking to build muscle, so I don't use any muscle milk. I use Body Fortress Vanilla. You can get it at Walmart. I flavor using sugar free jellos, or puddings. To change it up. Not the whole packet, just some to flavor. I use the magic bullet to blend all together.
  • T_R_A_V
    Options
    LOOOOOVE the syntha 6. It's SOOOOOO tastey.

Amen to that...its about the only one that I can stand regularly
  • T_R_A_V
    Options
    i'm not looking to build muscle, so I don't use any muscle milk. I use Body Fortress Vanilla. You can get it at Walmart. I flavor using sugar free jellos, or puddings. To change it up. Not the whole packet, just some to flavor. I use the magic bullet to blend all together.

thats just the name of it...the light version is great
  • cdavis1126
    cdavis1126 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Aria for Women from Trader Joes because it is made for women and has the correct amount of protein in it for one scoop and the correct amount of sugar.
  • T_R_A_V
    Options
    muscle milk light isnt that bad...this link is for 2 scoops..so cut it in half

http://www17.netrition.com/cytosport_muscle_milk_light_page.html#NUTFACTS
  • melissaovadare
    melissaovadare Posts: 191 Member
    Options

So, do they sell that at GNC or Vitamin Shoppe? I hate going into GNC, I feel they try to upsell everything.....
  • melissaovadare
    Options
    Aria for Women from Trader Joes because it is made for women and has the correct amount of protein in it for one scoop and the correct amount of sugar.

Good idea! I have never gone into the non-food aisle at TJ's
  • T_R_A_V
    Options

So, do they sell that at GNC or Vitamin Shoppe? I hate going into GNC, I feel they try to upsell everything.....

they have it at GNC and vitamin shoppe....i think even wal mart has it
  • melissaovadare
    Options

they have it at GNC and vitamin shoppe....i think even wal mart has it

Nice :smile:
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Costco sells muscle milk light as well. They also sell a pre-made protein shake that I really like as well. It's called Premiere Nutrition. Very good as well and only 160 cals.
  • vderoso
    Options
    EAS Myoplex - Carb Sense - Chocolate with 1/2 cup milk. 1/2 cup water, 1/2 banana and crushed ice... I love the taste.
    Being low carb adding the banana or any fruit doesn't push your carb count over the top
  • Jerzeebabie04
    Options
    I like designer whey it tastes good and it's not expensive. Once in awhile I'll buy Jay Robbs because it's a bit sweeter tasting. I LOVE Jay Robbs Orange Dreamsicle, I usually have it with some vanilla soy milk or just plain skim milk. But it's a really nice treat once in awhile :)
  • beckym71
    beckym71 Posts: 3,511
    Options
    Muscle Milk for meal replacement andMuscle Milk Light for post workout snack.
    Why? Taste!!! It's the only protein powder I've ever been able to mix with water instead of milk and the only one I don't have to force myself to choke down.
  • jshrimp3
    Options
    I used to use GNC Pro Performance 100% Whey Protein. The Cookies N Cream tasted pretty good. I haven't had too much experience with others so I don't know how they compare, but I wasn't a fan of Myoplex.
  • chicynth
    chicynth Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Unjury.com...I use unjury (strawberry sorbet; chocolate; and unflavored in other foods or with pink lemonade crystal light)
  • LivyJo
    LivyJo Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    ON 100% Whey Gold Standard Protein. I went to a body building forum and asked what the best tasting low calorie protein powder was, and thats what they recommended. It is YUUMMMY. I mix w/ just water and ice and it tastes great! The only flavor to stay away from is Vanilla Ice Cream (they told me). I love the carmel toffee fudge.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/whey.html
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I get HMR 120 and 70 from my doctors office. These are 120 and 110 cals for one scoop. $21 for 12 servings of the HMR 120. The 70plus is $38 for 18 servings.

The other I like is MAXX and Click. These are around 120 but I dont remember it off the top of my head for 2 scoops I believe. I also cant remember the price. Its much larger than what you get from HMR the price is a little lower as well.

Maxx comes in a few flavors and is nice if you want to bake with it. It also makes yummy icecream. I got some good cake and soft serve tricks from The world according to Egg Face.

Click is a coffee type one that I love. It takes the place of my starbucks fraps.