Who else has a lot to lose?

Options
13»

Replies

• rosecando
    rosecando Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    understand fully- i even struggled to put a photo on this site of me! i did 2x and took it off:frown: .Iv lost 20k (40lb?)
    and need to drop maybe double that again, i aim to lose 5k- a time makes it managable. All the best.
  • lessofme150
    lessofme150 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have a lot to lose and would love to do it before my 40th birthday. I kicked some serious butt the first 5 weeks on here but have been struggling since. The good news, haven't gained in the past few weeks, the bad news, have only dropped about 2 pounds this month. We are all going to have our struggles and hope that we (MFP) can help you out.

Feel free to add me in you want.
    Barb
  • martymays
    martymays Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    My highest weight was 293. Now down to 274. I still have almost 100 lbs to go to my goal. Feel free to add me if you like, could use all the supportive friends I can get
  • K_Smith86
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you my friend. I've always been a big girl and I have a large frame. Back when I was 16, something terrible happened in my life and I just let myself go, and stopped caring. Food became my comfort and security blanket. Then one day I woke up and hated what I saw in the mirror, and didn't believe all the weight I had gained. Worked in retail for awhile, so I was always on my feet, and I would walk off what I had eaten that day. Then I went from that to a desk job, and I gained a lot of what I had lost back. Was at that job for 3 years. Then I decided to go back to college after taking a 4 year break after HS. Got so busy with school, and would eat what was convenient etc. Then after college, I got another desk job, and ended up getting so depressed in that job from how badly I was treated, that food still was my comfort. Left that job, and went to the one I'm currently at. Unfortunately it's another desk job, but I'm happier. I have been under a lot of stress the past year, and just recently lost my father. I'm trying my best to not turn to food for comfort, because I know it won't do any good.

I have about 100 lbs to lose, give or take. It's one of the hardest things I've done, but this site has been a great help so far. You've definitely come to the right place. I'll add you, and we can cheer each other on. I wish you the best of luck! Anyone can feel free to add me as well :)
  • HealthyShazza
    Options
    I'm right here with you all. Started at 275lbs, currently at 256...on ny way down to 180lbs (I'm 5'8"). I have lost 100+lbs twice before, so I know it is possible. Feel free to add me if you want straight forward advice, encouragement & the odd bit of constructive criticism. I don't write fluff like 'well done you' without actually knowing what I'm writing it about (I will actually read your food diary & status updates)
  • fallbrawl
    Options
    I am with you. I was 430 lbs my freshmen year of high school. My friends got me into football and i lost 100+ lbs in one season. I continued to play football all the way thru high school and my weight would go between 325-355 because i was gaining muscle by lifting weights.

My senior year we got a new coaching staff that did not use me as much. After a falling out with them i gave up all my dieting and starting going to the all you can eat places. I avoided the scales as much as possible. I am now 23 and looking to make a change.
  • AquaFitQueen
    AquaFitQueen Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I have loads to lose still. Its a learning curve and a long journey, but I am actually enjoying getting to know myself.
  • rce884
    rce884 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    i have slowly creaked up the weight since forever. i dont remember not gaining weight. i am 34 and when i started this weight loss journey i was 311. i have 140 to lose. which is a lot for me. i have tried for years but i feel that i am finally in a place that i want to be i am working towards a goal. i am making positive changes in my life and i am in control of what i eat and what i do. before it was the food and the exaustion controling me. now it is me taking the reigns. its a long journy and some days (like yesterday for me) are not so good. but then some days are excellent. its a journy and i am here for you if you want to add me. i am on about 3 times a week on the boards and try to respond daily to my "wall" i love the support we all get and give here. no one judges. its a great place and good luck on your journy. i know it can seem impossible but all of us doing it together must be able to accomplish it.
    Cheers
    Rce884
  • dsanderbrink
    Options
    I was almost 300 pounds and now I am 200. It changed my life. Just stay positive!