Favorite NSV?

Options

Replies

• Dynila
    Dynila Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Newbie question... NSV? I get the meaning from the replies, but what does it actually stand for?

Me? Seeing these funny little white lines on my hips this week...and realizing they are the remains of stretch marks that have shrunk away.
  • bara_rei
    Options
    It means Non Scale Victory.
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    I'm wearing my pre-pregnancy jeans today and they're baggy. When I got pregnant 2 years ago I could barely do them up. I also caught a guy I work with checking out my butt, that hasn't happened in a very very long time.

aw! that is awesome....
  • Juliejustsaying
    Options
    Another favorite...the first time I had a private date with my bf he put his hands around my waist and said, "you're so tiny, you're like fun sized." aw, I just love that one...:love:

and did I mention that he is completely hot and built and muscular...lol...just saying.
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    What a lovely topic!!!

I've had many great NSV moments through my weight loss, but I would have to say that my ultimate has been being able to run a half marathon in a competent time and without dying. This is bearing in mind that less than 2 years ago I was over 2 stone overweight, chain-smoking, wine guzzling mess!
  • HelenDootson
    HelenDootson Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Fitting into a kids swing at the play park on holiday this week - I swung for all I was worth, it was a fabulous feeling.
  • 120weeks
    120weeks Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Another favorite...the first time I had a private date with my bf he put his hands around my waist and said, "you're so tiny, you're like fun sized." aw, I just love that one...:love:

and did I mention that he is completely hot and built and muscular...lol...just saying.

This is mine too! My husband married me as a size 18/20 so he's only known me as "big" for 12 years. He got totally hot (LOL) and now I'm working on me. He tells me every day that I am getting so tiny. It feels amazing and to share this with him is really fun!
  • Hadiyeh
    Options
    I've had a few throughout my journey, (its been a year) but my favorite, happened over the summer. I had a dress hanging on my wall for months as a goal. I finally got to wear it when my hubby and I went out to celebrate our 10th Anniversary. It fit me perfectly! I was feeling pretty good about it. We parked the car, and we were waiting for the elevator in the parking garage. When the doors opened the woman coming out did a double take, looked me up and down, and said "You look very pretty!" It really made my night!
  • Juliejustsaying
    Options
    Everyone has such lovely NSV!!!! I want to hear more...come on!

Ok, last night my 11 yo son put his hand on my waist to feel the muscle developing there...he said, "You feel squishy!" and than laugh cause he was totally joking...but then we had a little push up competition and my dad even did one. I can totally say I couldn't have done even 3 before May...I still am not great but I can punch out 15.
  • newGeorge
    Options
    I found an old school ring last week that now falls off my thumb!! Had me grinning ear to ear all day!!! :happy:
  • FinallyFindingLisa
    FinallyFindingLisa Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    "I didn't recognize you" - one of the best things said to me EVER and it doesn't get old

One night at dinner I made a comment about a larger woman (not her weight) and my husband said "you're just saying that since you're not fat anymore" (which I still am, but oh boy, what a fantastic moment)
  • krb67MI
    Options
    My NSV was in September after about 9 months of working out, losing 15 inches and only about 10 pounds. I went to my doctor for my annual checkup and had my bloodwork checked. My doc, before the bloodwork, mentioned that the past several years I have had high bad cholesterol, low good cholesterol, and high triglyceride levels and mentioned again that I should be on some medication. I told her that I really don't want to go on any meds. She said that since I've been working out she wouldn't push anything until after she got my blood results.

about a week later I got a letter in the mail that included all my lab results. On the paperwork my doctor had written a small note that said "All levels are good. No meds needed."

YEARS I have had bad numbers. My triglycerides were over 600 at one time! Now they are only a few points above the recommended range. YAY!
  • S108HAN
    S108HAN Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My fiancé tells me all the time that I look great and he can see/feel how much weight I've lost. It's nice when other people notice but when it's someone I see everyday, it's even better and when it's the man I'm walking down the aisle to next year, it's the best.
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    When my husband tells me how much sexier I am getting. He has always (even at my heaviest) told me he found me sexy. BUT he has admitted A LOT lately he loves what he sees and finds me so sexy!! And the fact he can't seem to walk by me without touching some part of me helps a lot too!!

Yea...he is the best and I am so lucky!
  • Katiedid717
    Katiedid717 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My NSV is kind of related to a SV, but hopefully you won't mind me sharing anyway!

I've been doing weekly weigh-ins, and last night I saw that I had lost a total of 20 pounds. I was happy with the number, but wondered where I'd lost the weight because I was still wearing the same size pants. I was also frustrated because, being 5'7" tall, it takes much longer to notice when I'm losing weight than it does for, say, my sister who's only 5'2".

Well, I've also been taking pictures after my weigh-in each week, so I decided to compare. I think the images speak for themselves:

fegdtx.png

So...yeah. Feeling pretty good about this!
  • Jesea
    Jesea Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    My neighbor has a new nickname for me. He calls me, "Slim." :)
  • LisaKunz
    LisaKunz Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    My husband folds the laundry. He now puts all of my stuff in my daughter's basket (she's 18 and a size 3!) because he doesn't recognize my smaller size clothes. I was laughing about that and folding laundry last weekend when I came across a pair of jeans and thought, "Whose are THESE?!??" I looked at the tag and they were MINE!!! They looked WAY to small!! (I've lost 6 sizes)
  • MsTonyaRenee
    MsTonyaRenee Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Wore a sweatshirt yesterday that I wasn't able to fit into last year..and it was almost falling off me!

New uniform pants at work that are very flattering to my butt!

Was able to run for 15 minutes straight today (which I've never done!)!

My new knee high boots zip over my calves!

:happy:
  • zoukeira
    zoukeira Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I love this thread!

I have a few recent ones:

*Discovering my regular running route was actually 5K not my estimated 3K.
    *Being told I'm hot by 18y/os who didn't believe I was a good 8 years older than they were AND a mummy!
    *My wonderful dance friends noticing a change in my body even when the scales didn't

Oh & fitting clothes smaller than I'd ever worn in high school :-) that definitely makes me smile!
  • AnjaZ89
    AnjaZ89 Posts: 235
    Options
    my fiance keeps hugging me with one arm around my waist and always tells me that he loves my small waist :)
    when we go te bed sometimes he would ask (well he does it wothout asking as well) "do you want me to hug you on the tiniest part of your body?" i totally love that :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!