I am so sore!

Options
I started doing Insanity again and want to follow it properly but I just couldn't work out yesterday because my legs were so sore. Today they don't feel much better. Is it better to wait until they are not sore anymore, or just workout through the pain?

Replies

• gjulie
    gjulie Posts: 391
    Options
    I dont think a couple of days rest will do any harm!:smile:
  • SamiSamiBoBlammy
    SamiSamiBoBlammy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    If they hurt, take a break. If they are just sore - power through it.

It'll be hard to acheive goals if you stop every couple days when you get sore. I've found that the soreness/tightness usually lessens while I'm exercising.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    prove you meant it when you said you were going to change your body.
  • nickhuffman74
    nickhuffman74 Posts: 198 Member
    Options

AWESOME!

Really though a workout will help you stretch out those sore spots.
  • thathockeychick23
    Options
    Stretch it out. But a few days rest until they feel better is a good idea. You don't want to risk injuring those muscles and then you're out for an even longer time. Until then, focus on your core or your arms.
  • keeleyfmcd
    Options

I agree, Awesome!!!
    And working out when you are sore will help loosen up your muscles. After a few days your body will get the hint and toughen up. Trust me, I've been there. It's rough.
  • asbonita3
    asbonita3 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I started doing Insanity again and want to follow it properly but I just couldn't work out yesterday because my legs were so sore. Today they don't feel much better. Is it better to wait until they are not sore anymore, or just workout through the pain?
    I started this week for the first time. I was sore Monday and Tuesday. Finally took some pain meds and felt much better the rest of this week. I say power through. I didn't feel any pain while working out then once my body relaxed it felt like I couldn't move a muscle. Good luck :)