Has anyone used Body by Vi?

Options
2»

Replies

• leah0521
    Options
    I was on the verge of ordering the shakes (ouch to the wallet) but at the last minute decided to save my money and try eating healthier, watching calories and intake and exercising. I am glad I did. It's only been 2 weeks but I am noticing subtle changes already and am still eating most of what I want, only much smaller portions. AND it's free. :)
  • MelSabourin
    MelSabourin Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    oh, look at the spam - the posters putting positive spin on this have 1, 1 and 5 posts.

...trend continues....

Nice. I guess those of us who don't post on every message board multiple times a day (didn't know the purpose of MFP was a contest to see how many posts you have) should keep our mouths shut because our opinions don't matter.

That wasn't his point. The point is that these MLM companies often have people create fake/shell accounts on fitness/diet forums in order to help sell the product. Usually, you can spot them by the fact that they don't have many posts, what they do post is about the product, no profile picture, and a recent start date.

It has nothing to do with actual MFP users who are offering an opinion.

Um, yeah, I think it was the point. Saying that the posters putting positive spin have basically no posts discount what the feedback was. When I originally posted I was brand new to the message boards. For the record, I don't 'support' MLM companies, and I agree that for the cals, etc in the shakes you can easily substitute 'real' food. I had tried them out of convenience and stated my opinion. That's all.
  • LydsVille77
    LydsVille77 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Its simple... output has to be greater than input. And bam, you'll lose weight. You want a "shake"? Frozen fruit, skim milk and raw oats. :) I wont charge you for that secret. haha.
  • amber1204
    amber1204 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My sister sells "Body by Vi" and she loves it, I have been thinking about trying them after she gave me a taste of one and from seeing the results she has gotten, I AM NOT A SALES PERSON, I AM A REAL PERSON SO FOR THE PEOPLE THAT MIGHT NOT BELIEVE ME THEN STOP READING NOW.... The shakes are very tasteful and with exercise can work GREAT for people that are very busy like myself and sister with 4 children each and a life that is fast.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    oh, look at the spam - the posters putting positive spin on this have 1, 1 and 5 posts.

...trend continues....

Nice. I guess those of us who don't post on every message board multiple times a day (didn't know the purpose of MFP was a contest to see how many posts you have) should keep our mouths shut because our opinions don't matter.

That wasn't his point. The point is that these MLM companies often have people create fake/shell accounts on fitness/diet forums in order to help sell the product. Usually, you can spot them by the fact that they don't have many posts, what they do post is about the product, no profile picture, and a recent start date.

It has nothing to do with actual MFP users who are offering an opinion.

Um, yeah, I think it was the point. Saying that the posters putting positive spin have basically no posts discount what the feedback was. When I originally posted I was brand new to the message boards. For the record, I don't 'support' MLM companies, and I agree that for the cals, etc in the shakes you can easily substitute 'real' food. I had tried them out of convenience and stated my opinion. That's all.

Those were shills. Are you a shill, I don't think so? Then my post shouldn't concern you because you were not the 1,1,5 posters.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    My sister sells "Body by Vi" and she loves it, I have been thinking about trying them after she gave me a taste of one and from seeing the results she has gotten, I AM NOT A SALES PERSON, I AM A REAL PERSON SO FOR THE PEOPLE THAT MIGHT NOT BELIEVE ME THEN STOP READING NOW.... The shakes are very tasteful and with exercise can work GREAT for people that are very busy like myself and sister with 4 children each and a life that is fast.

Life in the fast lane NEEDS "body by vi". Sure. :wink: :laugh: :grumble:
  • Gremlinz
    Gremlinz Posts: 3,259 Member
    Options
    OMG! I love this stuff! I lost 45lbs & I feel great.

There are some people totally against Visalus shakes and they are entitled to their opinion. I had people giving me a hard time for using the shakes, I just figured if they were that bad then I'm sure the government would step in. They are way better then fast food & really cheap, only $2 per day. Oh & I love the taste of them! I hated protein shakes & I tried this & was sold instantly.

Did you really just say they are way better than fast food? Love the comparison....
  • healthyJenn0915
    Options
    I very rarely reply on the boards, but here is my two scents on the body by vi thing. My best friend recently got suckered into it and became a rep. She has been trying to get me to buy it and I just don't get it! She has lost 5lbs in a month with it and says she has a lot more energy ok that's great and all, but why not eat real food?! I fell off the wagon over the summer and got out of routine with exercise and started careless eating. Of course I gained back some pounds, but End of August I got back into routine and have lost 7 of the 15lbs I gained back. All simply by calorie counting and getting back into routine. I refuse to do meal replacements that in the end once you stop doing it unless you have changed your actual eating habits will just make you gain weight back. it's all about calories in vs calories out.
  • Dch2012
    Dch2012 Posts: 19
    Options
    been there done that waste of time. lost five pounds and gained it back the first two days i ate normal. tastes great at first.... but same shake twice a day repeatedly by week two i was nauseated at the thought and could not choke another one down!!!! I gave away a months supply to a friend as well... believe me she didnt thank me for it.
  • Babsvii
    Babsvii Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    i only read the first 10 posts but wanted to give my advice... i have been doing the 90 day ViSalus challenge for 60 days now, they are amazing, they taste better then any other protein powder i have ever tried and i have tried a lot... people will always have opinions on them some will like them some wont...

what i dont understand is how someone could hate on something that has so much to offer? yes there are people who are selling the shakes... there are people who sell all types of shakes so why hate?... they are not expensive as you have the chance to get your shakes for FREE.... who else offers that? People who try the shakes and have had amazing results and help their friends and family get on the right track are offered the choice to promote the shakes... why not get paid for all your advice?... sounds like a great enough reason for me...

It took me a good while to decided to get on board with ViSalus... i tried them fell in love with them and yes i now promote them, i dont push them on people if people ask me about what i do to get fit and stay healthy i tell them... i only started to promote after i had so many people interested in what i am taking... there is no harm in that. I say try them make your own judgement and go from there... some people love it some dont... but i have yet to meet someone who hasnt fallen in love with them ;)
  • Babsvii
    Babsvii Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    been there done that waste of time. lost five pounds and gained it back the first two days i ate normal. tastes great at first.... but same shake twice a day repeatedly by week two i was nauseated at the thought and could not choke another one down!!!! I gave away a months supply to a friend as well... believe me she didnt thank me for it.

obviously you didnt add things to your shake... i agree some old shake every day would SUCK... this is why ViSalus is so great cause its a sweet cream flavour that you can mix with ANYTHING, fruit, spices, extracts and make it taste different every time! The reason you posted above about having to drink the same shake every day is the exact reason i switched from whey protein and all the other ones where you have to buy different powders just to have a different flavour. Sorry you didnt have an imagination and mix it up a little LOL
  • meaghanrocks
    meaghanrocks Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Lots of people say body by vi is expensive it is. I know its cheaper to make shakes on your own. but the reason people EAT fast food and drink body by vi or other bought shakes is for convenience. So stating the obvious that they are expensive is a waste of time. Im sure if they had a CHEAP drive thru that offer homemade shakes they would sell like hot cakes but the point is there isnt.
    I am not a body by vi supporter. I am currently just starting my weight loss journey and I am going to start using these starting Monday along with my calorie counting and my stationary bike. I dont know if I will lose more with or without the shakes but at 90-120 calories a shake depending on what u put in them is alot easier to swollow then the 400-600 calories subs from subway.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    I very rarely reply on the boards, but here is my two scents on the body by vi thing. My best friend recently got suckered into it and became a rep. She has been trying to get me to buy it and I just don't get it! She has lost 5lbs in a month with it and says she has a lot more energy ok that's great and all, but why not eat real food?! I fell off the wagon over the summer and got out of routine with exercise and started careless eating. Of course I gained back some pounds, but End of August I got back into routine and have lost 7 of the 15lbs I gained back. All simply by calorie counting and getting back into routine. I refuse to do meal replacements that in the end once you stop doing it unless you have changed your actual eating habits will just make you gain weight back. it's all about calories in vs calories out.

This makes far too much sense!! We'll have none of that around here!! :laugh:
  • Game8
    Game8 Posts: 442
    Options
    Weight loss is the direct result of taking in less calories than your body needs (100-500 cals). There's no magic potion to drink, no short cuts and no secrets. And anyone who claims to have any of these 3 probably doesn't have your best interest in mind.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    i only read the first 10 posts but wanted to give my advice... i have been doing the 90 day ViSalus challenge for 60 days now, they are amazing, they taste better then any other protein powder i have ever tried and i have tried a lot... people will always have opinions on them some will like them some wont...

what i dont understand is how someone could hate on something that has so much to offer? yes there are people who are selling the shakes... there are people who sell all types of shakes so why hate?... they are not expensive as you have the chance to get your shakes for FREE.... who else offers that? People who try the shakes and have had amazing results and help their friends and family get on the right track are offered the choice to promote the shakes... why not get paid for all your advice?... sounds like a great enough reason for me...

It took me a good while to decided to get on board with ViSalus... i tried them fell in love with them and yes i now promote them, i dont push them on people if people ask me about what i do to get fit and stay healthy i tell them... i only started to promote after i had so many people interested in what i am taking... there is no harm in that. I say try them make your own judgement and go from there... some people love it some dont... but i have yet to meet someone who hasnt fallen in love with them ;)

Oh yeah, you don't come across as a shill at all!! lol Classis tactic on here. Accuse those who don't think there is any value to Body by Vi as hating.
    A reasonable deficit, common sense and a little self discipline are just as effective or more than expensive shakes with proprietary formulas sold by an MLM scheme.
  • truddy6647
    truddy6647 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    the gym that I go to promotes this, however, seems to much like a fad diet like slim fast
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    It's an overpriced and not very nutritionally-complete scam. Read these two excellent reviews at the links below:

http://graemethomasonline.com/body-by-vi-review-is-visalus-a-scam/

http://graemethomasonline.com/visalus-body-by-vi-ingredient-evaluation/

The writer is an acclaimed sports nutritionist and trainer, and he doesn't think much of this product. Good luck!
  • Amanda82691
    Amanda82691 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Yes I have and its horrible. It will work for youif you stick to it but I ALWAYS felt hungry I never felt full. I buy protien powder and when I make shakes with that I can feel full for up to 4 hours afterwards but with those shakes no longer then 2 hours. Not to mention I HATED the taste the only time I actually like them was with instant coffee and latte flavors. I know people who have lost weight on them because thats what has gotten me into trying them but they stuck to it to a T and I just couldn't. I was never full enough on them. Plus they are very pricey.

If your looking for a meal replacment I have heard nothing but WONDERFUL things about Shakology. I have never personally tried it but I want to. I have heard it is great tasting and very filling. Let me know if you try it.