Chip replacement?

Options
2»

Replies

• sashab4
    Options
    You can try slicing zuchinni really thin and baking them on a really high temperature until they are crispy. Spray them with pam and then sprinkle on some salt, pepper, thyme and some garlic powder. Should be a really delicious alternative to tortilla chips.
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    Dip vegetables in salsa. Raw carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, etc are as delicious in salsa as in ranch, and much healthier than chips.
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I've never tried it myself but a friend of mine bakes up those low carb tortilla wraps for chips

I do this all the time. Just brush them will a little EVOO and bake @ 350 for a few minutes on each side. Sprinkle immediately with a little salt when finished.

I also make them with cinnamon and sugar and dip in fruit cocktail!! YUMMY!!
  • dellalyn
    Options
    I've never tried it myself but a friend of mine bakes up those low carb tortilla wraps for chips

Oooh...I like that Idea. I'll look into that one. And the others too. Thanks for the help, keep it coming! :)

I just baked up some regular corn tortillas for lunch today! I love salty crunchy things.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
    Cut each tortilla in half. Cut each half into 3 triangles, for a total of 12 triangles.
    Spray a baking sheet lightly with nonstick spray. Place tortilla triangles close together on the sheet.
    Cover triangles with a 1-second spray of nonstick spray (optional). Evenly sprinkle with salt.
    Bake in the oven until crispy, about 8 - 10 minutes, carefully flipping about halfway through bake time.
  • hamstermann
    hamstermann Posts: 58 Member
    Options

I do this all the time. Just brush them will a little EVOO and bake @ 350 for a few minutes on each side. Sprinkle immediately with a little salt when finished.

What is EVOO?
  • CrimsonBrons
    Options
    Get some whole grain pita bread, cut it into eighths. Pull each eighth apart into the top and bottom (16 pieces per pita bread). Put them on a baking sheet, season them how you like (I like garlic, curry, and chili powder). Bake at 400 F for 10 minutes. Nice and crispy, seasoned, healthy. Great with any dip.
  • wendrz
    wendrz Posts: 118
    Options
    POPCHIPS!!! They have come out with several different flavors for their tortilla chips....... zesty lime, regular, and cool ranch! Yumm-O
  • juang3
    juang3 Posts: 212 Member
    Options

What is EVOO?

Extra Virgin Olive Oil

I buy the mi pueblo brand of corn tortillas 3 tortillas are 100 calories, I slice into strips and put them on a baking sheet and slip into the oven, I do spray cooking spray on the sheet but not on top of the tortillas. No need to turn if your oven is sufficiently hot (350* to 375*)