Belly Fat

Options
I would like to hear from people who have fought belly fat "apron" and won. How did you do it? Thanks

Replies

• Rhia55
    Rhia55 Posts: 247
    Options
    I didn't. Years ago I was on ephedra and worked out like crazy, including crunches, and though the top of my belly went down, the apron stayed. My doctor said that the only thing that would get rid of it is surgery because the stomach is so stretched out from my baby's birth that no matter how hard I tighten the muscles beneath it the apron will remain.
  • Maddi_InBetweenDays
    Options
    bump bump bump!
  • GreyEyes21
    GreyEyes21 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    bump
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    i'm fighting the battle and kind of winning... all comes down to your diet... limit your refined sugars (carbs) and salts and od on lean proteins and green leafy vegetables...
  • Heyyleigh
    Heyyleigh Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Its IMPOSSIBLE, believe me I have tried. My nutritionist says the only way is too lose fat, well I have lost enough weight and still have some belly, oh it has gone down, but now I have this skin in areas when I bend certain ways.....which is totally hot!
    So HOW in the heXX do I lose more fat when the only place I have it is there... I will just keep at it anh hope it does catch up. :)
    Since we cant target a spot, it is what it is...........
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I would like to hear from people who have fought belly fat "apron" and won. How did you do it? Thanks
    I would like to hear the same answer. I have lost over 40 pounds and I am happy the way my legs are getting in shape and my arms. My stomach is my biggest issue still.
    I am afraid that what the second person says is true the way things are going. I am working my darnedest at fixing it though. Part of I think is to start eating healthier not so much fatty things.
  • amann1976
    Options
    Its IMPOSSIBLE, believe me I have tried. My nutritionist says the only way is too lose fat, well I have lost enough weight and still have some belly, oh it has gone down, but now I have this skin in areas when I bend certain ways.....which is totally hot!
    So HOW in the heXX do I lose more fat when the only place I have it is there... I will just keep at it anh hope it does catch up. :)
    Since we cant target a spot, it is what it is...........

weight and fat are different...
  • Jester522
    Jester522 Posts: 392
    Options
    Its all diet. Sorry, hard truth.

Localized fat loss is a myth.
  • amann1976
    Options

people on this forum dont like the truth... they think they can do a million crunches and have wash board abs or do 2 million tricep extensions and not have flabby arms...

everything starts and ends with what you put into your mouth...
  • lasmit4477
    lasmit4477 Posts: 308 Member
    Options

people on this forum dont like the truth... they think they can do a million crunches and have wash board abs or do 2 million tricep extensions and not have flabby arms...

^^^Truth!!! All of this!
  • skinnybitchbarbie27
    skinnybitchbarbie27 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Mine is almost gone. I ride my bike in place of my car (average 6-10 miles a day), heavy strength train 3x a week including a hardcore floor routine, dance fit 2x a week ( like hip hop zumba), and kickboxing on saturdays. I also use moves from my fitness magazine using a yoga balls on my non- strength train days.

Plus watching every calorie and eating more proteins than carbs and less sugar as possible. I eat carbs but they're only 35% of my nutrition.

Its a lot of work but damn my tummy and back are looking good. Plus I use lotion twice a day and keep very hydrated.
  • Jester522
    Jester522 Posts: 392
    Options

^^^Truth!!! All of this!

x2
  • leaffan12
    leaffan12 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • SandysNewLife
    SandysNewLife Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Yeah my stomach is gross =(
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    I had a tummy. I've had two kids full pregnancy and natural birth (no C-sections). The only thing that makes the fat go away is eating at a calorie deficit. For me that meant simply eating less, then the tummy went away. I do have stretch marks and some lose skin that mainly shows up when sitting or lying down. If I stand up straight it tightens up the lose skin.

I am currently almost 52 years old. I'm 5'1" tall and very tiny. My muscles only look big because I'm lean. They are not big. My lean body mass is only 104 lbs. If I gained some fat I'd look more soft and toned. If I gained fat more I'd be hefty and bulky like I've spent most of my life. You can have whatever you want, it's all dependent on developing muscle with exercise and losing fat by eating less at a calorie deficit.

Ab exercises only develops the muscles. Specifically doing ab work for me meant it INCREASED the ab muscles making my waist thicker in circumference, even under 12% body fat. My DXA scan shows ZERO body fat in my torso, and up to 14-16% body fat in my arms, legs, and gynoid region, and yet I could increase my waist circumference by 2-3 inches by adding in ab specific exercises.

Here are pictures to show my points:

Me at 171lbs
    171lbs.jpg

Me at 150lbs
    tummy3.jpg

Me at 133lbs
    tummy1.jpg

Me at 109lbs (just at or under 10% body fat) and NO AB EXERCISES for 6 months (but heavy weight lifting otherwise)
    fitnessbrightoutfitblackbackground.jpg
    Roberta_Saum_VT4_Front_1_zps2e9c1a89.jpg

Me at 120lbs (still at 11% body fat), adding in AB exercises and my waist is about 3 inches thicker.
    RoAbsVegas.jpg
  • summerfool
    summerfool Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jbshooter
    Options
    Wrong.....I want the truth. Thats why I asked the question. I asked it for advice. So the only advice you could give is, " I can't handle the truth." I though this was a help section, not a place to pass judgment on a group as awhole.
    The question I posted was for people who have been in my shoes and won. How they did it.
  • jbshooter
    Options
    Wow!! Thanks californiagir...you look amazing.
  • amann1976
    Options
    Wrong.....I want the truth. Thats why I asked the question. I asked it for advice. So the only advice you could give is, " I can't handle the truth." I though this was a help section, not a place to pass judgment on a group as awhole.
    The question I posted was for people who have been in my shoes and won. How they did it.

the answer was given to you by several people... you just dont want to hear it...

1. you can't spot reduce

2. you have to get leaner

3. it all comes down to what you put into your mouth less sugars and salty foods more lean proteins and leafy greens

4. it didnt take you a few months to develop that gut it is not going to disappear in a few months
  • mommy_03
    mommy_03 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I had a tummy. I've had two kids full pregnancy and natural birth (no C-sections). The only thing that makes the fat go away is eating at a calorie deficit. For me that meant simply eating less, then the tummy went away. I do have stretch marks and some lose skin that mainly shows up when sitting or lying down. If I stand up straight it tightens up the lose skin.

I am currently almost 52 years old. I'm 5'1" tall and very tiny. My muscles only look big because I'm lean. They are not big. My lean body mass is only 104 lbs. If I gained some fat I'd look more soft and toned. If I gained fat more I'd be hefty and bulky like I've spent most of my life. You can have whatever you want, it's all dependent on developing muscle with exercise and losing fat by eating less at a calorie deficit.

Ab exercises only develops the muscles. Specifically doing ab work for me meant it INCREASED the ab muscles making my waist thicker in circumference, even under 12% body fat. My DXA scan shows ZERO body fat in my torso, and up to 14-16% body fat in my arms, legs, and gynoid region, and yet I could increase my waist circumference by 2-3 inches by adding in ab specific exercises.

Here are pictures to show my points:

Me at 171lbs
    171lbs.jpg

Me at 150lbs
    tummy3.jpg

Me at 133lbs
    tummy1.jpg

Me at 109lbs (just at or under 10% body fat) and NO AB EXERCISES for 6 months (but heavy weight lifting otherwise)
    fitnessbrightoutfitblackbackground.jpg

Me at 120lbs (still at 11% body fat), adding in AB exercises and my waist is about 3 inches thicker.
    RoAbsVegas.jpg

you look absolutely amazing for a woman your age! and everybody is always talking about surgery, well, how do ya'll think our parents and granparents lost there bellies when surgery wasn't even an option yet