Fly Lady followers....

Options
www.flylady.net

I got the book "Sink Reflections" 6 or 7 years ago and I've somewhat followed the stuff since then. I can put my makeup on using the reflection in my sink!

Anyway, I thought I'd reach out and see if anybody else does this stuff. If you do it to the tee or just some stuff like I do, lets chat on here and have our own group.

I signed up for emails, but I hated all the testimonials. How on earth do you limit email time to 15 minutes when she sends 6 hours worth of reading material??? So I just check the website for the daily missions and trying to stay on track with the zones. I'm a single-mom, so I don't have all that time to follow those routines and schedules, etc. I have adapted them to my own schedule the best I can, but I fall behind regularly. I figure connecting with other non-perfect people, I can find a sense of balance and more appropriate support.

I don't consider myself an actual "Flybaby" because I find that alot of the stuff does not apply to me and some of it is quite corny:laugh: IMHO (Setting a timer for 15 minutes and dancing thru the living room picking up garbage..... ??? Really?:noway: My garbage tends to be in the garbage can, lol:laugh: ) My problem is more lack of time management, and taking on too much at once. Not so much hoarding. Messy, yes; dirty, no. I don't judge anybody's housekeeping, I'm my own kind of mess. But I've never seen anybody who has garbage in the living room that would take 15 minutes to pick up.:wink:

How do you Fly? What are your struggles? Where is your balance?

Replies

• TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I had never heard of this site...I had to check it out and boy did I need to. I almost always have a mess to deal with by the end of the day and this will help me out. Thanks Holly! :wink:
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    It really is helpful! I find it a bit neurotic at times, but hey, so am I!:laugh:

Let me know how it works for you.
  • slimgym10
    slimgym10 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My mother-in-law discovered this website a couple of years ago and swears by the strategies!
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    So, when I first saw the headline "Fly Lady" I thought you were referring to the Fly Girls from the 90's show In Living Color. Not sure why. :ohwell:

Anyhoo - thanks for the website! I think this will help me out tremendously! I'm always looking for tips on how to de-clutter.
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    I suddenly feel like watching In Living Color reruns............

I give that thought an Around the world and back SNAP!:laugh:

I saw the DVDs onn sale at Target the other day. I might need to make a detour after class this afternoon!
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the link - I had never heard of it, but man, I could really use this site! We're in the middle of de-cluttering our house and don't even get me started on the garage...:blushing:
  • McFatterton
    Options

I saw the DVDs onn sale at Target the other day. I might need to make a detour after class this afternoon!

I have the 1st Season on DVD - totally recommend it.

Pork and Beans......PORK AND BEANS!!!!!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • misty879
    Options
    I came upon Fly Lady about 4 years ago and did all the stuff she said, like making a schedule for every day and every zone. I made a whole binder full of stuff... then I stuck to it for a while, but then I found my own way of doing things. I did hold on to a lot of her suggestions, but had to make it my own. She offers a lot of good information.

I even used her grocery lists and ideas on shopping. But in the end, I wasnt able to follow her to the T. I was able to get my home in more of an 'order'.

I, too, was a single parent when I first starting following the FlyLady. Which in itself made life very difficult.

It was interesting to me that she said 15 min of email, but sent all those messages a day!!! I had to cancel my subscription also. I could hardly see my 'real' mail for all the spam the group sent.
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options

I have the 1st Season on DVD - totally recommend it.

Pork and Beans......PORK AND BEANS!!!!!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

LMAO:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks, I needed that laugh this morning!
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    I came upon Fly Lady about 4 years ago and did all the stuff she said, like making a schedule for every day and every zone. I made a whole binder full of stuff... then I stuck to it for a while, but then I found my own way of doing things. I did hold on to a lot of her suggestions, but had to make it my own. She offers a lot of good information.

I even used her grocery lists and ideas on shopping. But in the end, I wasnt able to follow her to the T. I was able to get my home in more of an 'order'.

I, too, was a single parent when I first starting following the FlyLady. Which in itself made life very difficult.

It was interesting to me that she said 15 min of email, but sent all those messages a day!!! I had to cancel my subscription also. I could hardly see my 'real' mail for all the spam the group sent.

OK, glad I'm not alone:laugh:

I haven't seen the grocery lists, I'll have to look for that.

I'm still struggling with the journal thingy. I have it, but I can never find it!:laugh: Ironic! LMAO

My fave thing is having certain chores on certain days. Now that my daughter is old enough, I've delegated ome of them to her. Seems to be working. I give her a base allowance every week, but offer additional 50 cents for each chore. That way she gets an allowance consistantly and "earns" the extra. She only gets paid extra for the chores I delegate, but has regular ones that have to be done or she has to pay me if I have to do them. I combined Love and Logic Parenting, Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University, and Fly Lady:wink: Works like a charm!
  • McFatterton
    Options
    Now that my daughter is old enough, I've delegated ome of them to her.

oh, how I dream of these days......