BODY PUMP

Hello!
As there is no setting on MFP for body pump as an excercise, how do i enter it? I find it is strength because of the weights, but also cardio?
What is the most accurate way to input this class?
Thanks

Replies

• qhorn1
    qhorn1 Posts: 4 Member
    Great question: I had the same thing. I just put in the amount of calories they said you burn on average. Put it under cardio, but I am new to the app.
    Ask the instuctor the exact amount of calories burned next time you go.
  • sounds like a good plan, i'm sure they know better than me! Thanks
  • THuffman1967
    THuffman1967 Posts: 114 Member
    I wore a heart rate monitor for a couple of Body Pump classes, and averaged 300 calories per class, so that is what I enter in MFP. I put it under cardio.
  • kjwillie
    kjwillie Posts: 106 Member
    Yeah, I averaged around 225-250 for a Pump class. It seems as though the estimates from Les Mills are a bit high, unless you're a guy. I would either wear a HR monitor to get a rough estimate or enter it in as vigorous weight training or circuit training. Hope that helps somewhat!!
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    I have a BodyMedia Fit Link that tells me how many calories I burn in each class. The number the teacher gives you will likely be wrong as everyone burns a different number. If you don't have a heart rate monitor, a fitbit or a BMF, gonna be very hard to judge. I enter it as cardio, tho, because my heart rate does go up. I only burn about 225 calories an hour, but I only weigh about 110.
  • I always burn 427 calories in an hour Body Pump class. I put it in under cardio.