I have no clue what to eat :(

Options
2»

Replies

• supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    There is a great cookbook called The Eat Clean Deit cookbook by Tosca Reno, there are alot of great recipes in there. I follow this kind of diet , I hardly eat any processed foods check out other peoples diary 's for ideas :flowerforyou:
  • GCLyds
    GCLyds Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Stirfrys are always easy. Lots of veggies, tofu or lean meat, on top of a serving of rice. Add some soy sauce or tangy ponzu sauce.

Pasta is good if you do a reasonable portions, topped with your favourite tomato sauce. Eat it with some salad on the side.

Pita pizzas are so easy. Top with tomato sauce, veggies, lean meat, and a little cheese. One is filling for me.

Cottage cheese, flavored tuna snacks, peanut butter and crackers are quick. Just read the label and eat only a serving.

Veggies and dip is a great side dish.
  • sarahsummers12
    sarahsummers12 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast, fish, lean cuts of beef, Turkey breast...just about any lean meat. With options this wide, I don't understand the difficulty honestly. I don't even eat fruits or vegetables for the most part. That's what supplements are for. Plants are what food eats. ;)
    Supplements are not as good as the real thing when it comes to fruit and veg... the body doesn't absorb them as well or in the same way - you are always better off getting your vitamins and minerals from proper food sources :-)
  • takumaku
    takumaku Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I am not sure what your calorie limit is. However, based on a 2000 calorie limit with a sedentary lifestyle.

-- 6 ounces Grains and/or Starchy vegetables (beans, potatoes, corn, etc.)
    -- 2.5 cups Vegetables
    -- 2 cups Fruit
    -- 3 cups Dairy
    -- 5.5 ounces Protein food
    -- 6 tsp oils or nuts

I highly recommend this website for meal planning. http://www.dietitian.com/calchelp.php
  • Tw1zzler
    Tw1zzler Posts: 583
    Options
    There is a great cookbook called The Eat Clean Deit cookbook by Tosca Reno, there are alot of great recipes in there. I follow this kind of diet , I hardly eat any processed foods check out other peoples diary 's for ideas :flowerforyou:

I second this, love all of Tosca's books. Also check out Dani Spies http://cleananddelicious.com/ and Skinnytaste http://www.skinnytaste.com/

Most nights I eat protein with salad or veggies.

Broccoli
    Caulilflower
    Brussels sprouts
    turnip greens
    spinach
    kale
    green beans
    squash
    avocado
    pumpkin
    sweet potatoes
    swiss chard
    onions
    carrots
    parsnips
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    thegraciouspantry.com

cleaneatingmag.com

familyfreshcooking.com

those ought to give you some ideas
  • NareenaTheGypsy
    NareenaTheGypsy Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    If you use the notes fields to track how you feel, when you are feeling hungry or sated, tired or energetic, sick or fit, You can start to see if certain things don't balance out thoughout the day, week or month...

I never even considered that as a use for the notes field! That's a good idea and one I probably should have thought of on my own. But honestly, I was just thinking it could be for the days when I went over a macro (excuses) or maybe a reminder note to get the lite version if I went over on cals on an item, etc. Thanks for the tip!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,719 Member
    Options
    I do cook, but get tired of my go-to foods too. Do you surf the open diaries on MFP for feeding ideas? Some current favorite low calorie foods are:

Pumpernickel bread with a little cheddar cheese, grilled or microwaved to melt the cheese.
    Finn Crisp thin rye crackers microwaved with a ilittle cheese.
    Crab sticks, which are only 16 cal a stick for a portable protein snack.
    Edamame beans in the shell.
    Shrimp in the shell grilled on a cast iron griddle pan.
    Turkey salami microwaved until crisp. Tastes like bacon to me.
    Lentil soup.
    Tuna steak with salad, also Salad Nicoise.
    Frozen banana and frozen berries mashed in the food processor into an ice cream like dessert.
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast, fish, lean cuts of beef, Turkey breast...just about any lean meat. With options this wide, I don't understand the difficulty honestly. I don't even eat fruits or vegetables for the most part. That's what supplements are for. Plants are what food eats. ;)

I agree with the lean meat. No so much with the skipping fruits and veggies. However, I just had to comment because your statement "Plants are what food eats" is absolutely hilarious to me! :laugh:
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    chicken and broccoli
  • wigglemish
    Options
    My advise would be to look into other types of cuisine, such as japanese, italian, spanish. If you do your research into these types of food along with your knowledge of healty eating, you can come up with low fat recipes that are really tasty. Also perhaps look into some healthy eating cook books? I've just got a brilliant one- "The Hairy Dieters- How to love food and lose weight". The guys who wrote this are massive foodies, really famous here in England, but they managed to lose over 3 stone each in three months by redesigning their favourite recipes. I've tried a few so far (only had it a few days), and actually even managed to cut some of them down so they are even lower in calolries without compromising on taste and they've been a hit. Plus each recipe handily has the calories per potion at the bottom of the ingredients list, so you can maintain a close eye on what you're eating :)
  • StillChangingAmie
    Options
    Try some meals! Like right now I'm having Brown rice with sauteed onions, snow peas, and ground chicken. With the right seasonings, it tastes like pork fried rice!
  • trinawag
    Options
    Snacks like toasted sugar free 100% wheat bread with PB2 powdered peanut butter is great and helps cravings for the regular full of fat stuff its actually really good.
  • susi_q_xx
    susi_q_xx Posts: 75 Member
    Options

I don't really eat fruit or veg either and am (unsurprisingly) struggling to lose weight, even though Im under my calories every day and working out four times a week - how are you managing? thanks!!
  • hmuh
    hmuh Posts: 379 Member
    Options

Great advice!
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Eat the things you like. If you're trying to eat less processed stuff, how about learning to make the things you like yourself, and cutting out a lot of the salt that's added? Even if you don't (yet) cook, replacing subway meals would be a good start, just make your own sandwiches and cut down on the amount of salty fillings like cheese. I think even the bread they use is quite salty, so that would be easy to reduce. Making your own soup is easy, and you can easily reduce salt there too. If you're not a big veggie eater, soups are a good way to get them in.

Cooking from scratch is definitely one of the easiest ways to cut sodium. I like some salty foods like cheese and cured meats, but my overall sodium levels are usually way under MFP's suggested limits because I cook my own food and don't add a lot of salt. As soon as I buy a sandwich from a shop, or get a takeaway meal, sodium levels shoot up.
  • bertoliniracing
    Options
    Every persons body is different. I found that I didn't eat alot of things because I had never tried them so I have been trying lots of new stuff. I grew up in a house that fried everything it is hard to break that habit. I found that the hungry girl cookbooks are great since the recipes are usually 1-2 servings so it is perfect for someone who is cooking for themselves. You can also check out the recipe section on here. I have gotten a couple of good ones off of here. Best of luck to you.
  • msshiraz
    msshiraz Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Allrecipes.com has a really cool feature- you type in ingredients you want, (also an option to remove ingredients- like fish) and it will come up with matches. From that, you can modify the recipe. I have no cookbooks anymore, it was a waste of space- all recipes are online anymore - at least for me.

Another great site- already does the lowfat/low calorie for you- skinnytaste.com

They have a taco chili recipe on there- all ingredients go into crock pot, with chicken on top. Turn on, come home after work- dinner is done- seriously one of the best meals I ever had and sooooo healthy!