Salt Flush

Options

Replies

• SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I did use organic pink salt, it has to be a specific type of salt otherwise it is just bad for you. Apparently, from what I have read, it helps with IBS, I don't have IBS though so I can't comment either way on that.
    It's like having a colonic basically.
    It is NOT a form of weightloss, merely a every now and then way to clean your colon of all of the waste that has stuck to the walls of the colon over the years.
    I won't be doing it regularly, by the end of the day the waste I was expelling was nearly clear so I think it has done it's job. I think I will do it once every few months.

The flush doesn't absorb into the body, about half an hour to 2 hours after drinking the water it will ALL come out. It's a flush. It's all in the type and amount of salt that is used that makes it so effective.

100% pure psuedo-scientific quackery

Waste does not "stick to the walls" of your colon (unless you have some very specific medical conditions that lead to impaction) & anything you ingest will be absorbed by your body.........

:) Agreed - simple biology. A salt flush might clear your bowels but it's just speeding up what is a natural process. And any suggestions of food 'stuck' in the bowels is a myth, as is the whole 'mucoid plaque' myth.

Commenting on claims that waste material can adhere to the colon, Douglas Pleskow, a gastroenterologist at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, stated: "That is the urban legend. In reality, most people clear their GI tract within three days." (shameless stolen from Wikipedia).

If there was such as simple way to improve health cheaply through something such as a salt flush then doctors all around the world would be prescribing it. Funnily enough they don't.

I know the OP has posted this in good faith but, sadly, the claims aren't correct.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Once you're rid of all your toxins, be sure to head to your barber for a leech treatment to get rid of the bad blood and restore balance to your humors. After that you can relax with a stein of meed.

:laugh: :laugh: You just read my mind and I can't stop laughing!!!!!:laugh: :laugh:
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    If people needed flushes and detoxes to get rid of buildup, wouldn't old people who never did them eventually not be able to poop?
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    This is simply a laxative. It empties your bowel.
    There is nothing "stuck" to the sides of your intestines...sheesh.
    Every day there is a thread about this stuff. Didn't anyone take science in school.
    There are no "toxins" to get rid of either. Your liver will handle that.

Detox scams:

http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/detox_overview.html
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    I did use organic pink salt, it has to be a specific type of salt otherwise it is just bad for you. Apparently, from what I have read, it helps with IBS, I don't have IBS though so I can't comment either way on that.
    It is NOT a form of weightloss, merely a every now and then way to clean your colon of all of the waste that has stuck to the walls of the colon over the years.
    I won't be doing it regularly, by the end of the day the waste I was expelling was nearly clear so I think it has done it's job. I think I will do it once every few months.

The flush doesn't absorb into the body, about half an hour to 2 hours after drinking the water it will ALL come out. It's a flush. It's all in the type and amount of salt that is used that makes it so effective.

Waste does not "stick to the walls" of your colon (unless you have some very specific medical conditions that lead to impaction) & anything you ingest will be absorbed by your body.........

Bingo, we have a winner!!
  • warsenic
    Options
    I'm still laughing at the bit where there's "waste" stuck inside us.
    My god is that horrific.

What does it stick to? Our squishy, mucous-lined intestines?
  • fortysixpounds
    fortysixpounds Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    http://www.theholykale.com/2011/11/intestinal-cleanse-part-i-salt-flush/

It basically cleanses out your stomach and bowels from all of the build up over the years. It won't clean out everything as there would be a lot of build up, but I can tell you that as my day progressed, there was a lot of weird looking stuff leaving my body LOL

ooooooooh

I'm weary of all these cleanses things, I have IBS I think this would be an extremely bad idea for me lol I spend my whole time trying to regulate my diet so as not to have any 'flushes' lol

On another note though...I would worry about such a high level of salt intake...1 tablespoon 3-5 times a week seems extremely high (even if it is only temporary) I doubt any Dr would recommend this....especially for people who are overweight or have a heart condition......it's a little worrying really.

Actually, having something like IBS and like me, crohns disease is a good reason TO DO a salt flush..

Ridding your system of toxins will build energy, while enabling the body to heal itself. This is especially good for people who suffer chronic illness such as Crohn's Disease. It is important to understand that salt water flushes are not meant as a cure for any illness. What these flushes do is allow the system to heal itself using the natural built in body mechanisms. Salt water cleanses enable the digestive system to rest and recuperate from years of abuse.

Your intestional track gets a "shower" if you will... washes away all the "crap" no pun.. ;)

You do this with Crohn's? Gosh I don't know anything about that but hope you've checked it with your doctor.

For me, no I don't think IBS is a reason "TO DO" a salt flush at all, the very opposite in fact. There are different types if IBS o_O Maybe those who suffer constipation could try a laxative,....but I would never recommend this! This is highly unnecessary. I regulate my diet to exclude a number of food allergies and triggers and I take probiotics. Salt flushes would destroy the intestinal flora. That could have a number of knock on effects on the immune system, not a good idea at all.... I imagine I'd be quite ill for a while afterward...

for people generally

When you're drinking the salt water....your reflex is to reject it...that's your body's way of telling you something....

For people generally

It doesn't make any sense at all, I mean, it's like taking a course of antibiotics when you don't need to. You're wiping out all of the good bacteria in your bowels. You need them to fight off other stuff. Think about what you're doing...it makes no sense at all.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options

Bingo, we have a winner!!

yep!

http://naturalhealthperspective.com/scams/colon-cleanse.html
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    its like high power laxatives... except its salt.

a day of the squirts, with not a lot of benefits.

just get a colonic!
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Once you're rid of all your toxins, be sure to head to your barber for a leech treatment to get rid of the bad blood and restore balance to your humors. After that you can relax with a stein of meed.

lol best answer ever
  • WinnerVictorious
    Options
    I won't be doing it regularly, by the end of the day the waste I was expelling was nearly clear so I think it has done it's job.

are you saying that you had invisible poo? ...because i think the government may want to know about that.

BTW, what exactly are these "toxins" building up in your body that need to be "flushed"? ...are you drinking glasses of Hg? or perhaps inhaling pesticides? because i'm 45 and in my whole life, i've never needed to "flush toxins" out of my system. not even once. my liver and kidneys do that job just fine on their own.
  • eileenchristine
    eileenchristine Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Oh, my best friend was telling me about this! She is a personal trainer and is working on nutritional counseling certification. What the heck? What can it hurt for 1 day?

I try to eat clean but still processed food sneak in and I eat alot of cheese. We are going to whole foods today. Will pick some pink salt up!

Good topic. Was scary all the info she was giving me. Will have to ask her about it again!

Thanks.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Oh, my best friend was telling me about this! She is a personal trainer and is working on nutritional counseling certification. What the heck? What can it hurt for 1 day?

I try to eat clean but still processed food sneak in and I eat alot of cheese. We are going to whole foods today. Will pick some pink salt up!

Good topic. Was scary all the info she was giving me. Will have to ask her about it again!

Thanks.
    It can do lasting harm by removing the bacteria you need for the breakdown of food from your digestive tract...
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I have never tried it. Probably never will. I try to stay away from a lot of sodium (because of blood pressure). I hope it works for you, though.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options

Thanks.

The only thing it is doing is loading up your system with sodium. The diarrhea you experience is your body trying to get rid of the sodium as quickly as possible, not because of **~toxins~**
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Some scientific reasons to avoid salt water flushes.
    Specific Salt Water Flush Dangers:
    altars critical pH and mineral levels in the body
    kills all beneficial intestinal bacteria
    can overwork the kidneys as they attempt to regulate the sodium level in the blood, which has just been dramatically thrown off balance.
    excess sodium the kidneys can't eliminate quickly enough, accumulates in the blood, essentially "thickening" the blood, making the heart work harder and causing your blood pressure to rise.
    causes electrolyte imbalances
    can cause edema
    some individuals have reported "bad reactions" to the salt water flush, ending up bedridden for several days.
  • azanne07
    Options

It basically cleanses out your stomach and bowels from all of the build up over the years. It won't clean out everything as there would be a lot of build up, but I can tell you that as my day progressed, there was a lot of weird looking stuff leaving my body LOL

ooooooooh

I'm weary of all these cleanses things, I have IBS I think this would be an extremely bad idea for me lol I spend my whole time trying to regulate my diet so as not to have any 'flushes' lol

On another note though...I would worry about such a high level of salt intake...1 tablespoon 3-5 times a week seems extremely high (even if it is only temporary) I doubt any Dr would recommend this....especially for people who are overweight or have a heart condition......it's a little worrying really.

Actually, having something like IBS and like me, crohns disease is a good reason TO DO a salt flush..

Ridding your system of toxins will build energy, while enabling the body to heal itself. This is especially good for people who suffer chronic illness such as Crohn's Disease. It is important to understand that salt water flushes are not meant as a cure for any illness. What these flushes do is allow the system to heal itself using the natural built in body mechanisms. Salt water cleanses enable the digestive system to rest and recuperate from years of abuse.

Your intestional track gets a "shower" if you will... washes away all the "crap" no pun.. ;)

I just got done watching a few videos and this sounds interesting enough. I have problems with my instestants and I do think I am going to try this once I can get myself some sea salt.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options

ooooooooh

I just got done watching a few videos and this sounds interesting enough. I have problems with my instestants and I do think I am going to try this once I can get myself some sea salt.
    There are no toxins or waste accumulating in your gut that poisoning yourself with salt water will cure. Salt water cleanses ARE abusing your digestive system. You need the intestinal flora that lives in your gut to break down foods. You're about to wash it out for nothing.
  • ginaquinn2
    ginaquinn2 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I really feel bad for anyone that is taken in from sales pitches and fad things. Salt cleanse, really?
    I say don't do it. If you are constipated you may wish to try miralax. Our body's really is pretty
    efficient at cleansing and purifying itself. I feel you are better served by focusing on nutrition, exercise
    and other healthy habits. :drinker:
  • WinnerVictorious
    Options

i like turtles.

turtles1.jpg