Is Donald Trump a political figure?

Options
This is random but could Donald Trump be considered as a political figure? I only ask because my assignment is to take a political figure and make a caricature out of them.

If he's not, any suggestions? Who would you pick?

Replies

• KBjimAZ
    KBjimAZ Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I would say that he loosely fits that description. That is totally a good choice for doing a caricature though!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I don't think so.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    He's never held political office.

Why not pick a congressman/woman or one of the presidential candidates?
  • Ruthe8
    Ruthe8 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    No of course not.
  • Shannota
    Shannota Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Trump did think about running in this presidential election, but he announced in May 2011 that he was not running. He has been very vocal in the "birther" argument...that being that he believes that President Obama was not born in the United States. Interestingly, this might help with your paper...whether or not President Obama was born in the U.S. or any other country on the planet, or even in outer space does not matter...in order to run for president, a person must be a natural born citizen. This can be by one of two methods...jus soli (law of the soil) or jus sanguinus (law of the blood) (spellings may be off...I'm tired). Basically what these say is that a person is a citizen of the U.S. if they are either born within the United States or are born to a U.S. citizen. I have not heard anyone express the argument that President Obama's mother was not a U.S. citizen. Therefore, having been born to a U.S. citizen, President Obama could still be a U.S. citizen, even if she delivered him on the moon.

Good luck with your assignment.
  • GemskiB
    GemskiB Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Look up what he's been doing in Aberdeenshire in Scotland... He might not be a political figure but he certainly evokes political feelings!! Also, IMHO he's an utter idiot :-)
  • omanitshann
    Options
    He's never held political office.

Why not pick a congressman/woman or one of the presidential candidates?

I could, I just thought that was kind of boring. I wanted to do something different
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    About as much as Warren Buffett is.

That said, I would vote for Warren Buffett in a second.