help me choose a dress

Options

Replies

• Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    My 16 year old votes for the black and white... "It's so pretty!"

I have to disagree with her opinion because I like the retro-chic of the blue and white, but I do agree with previous posters ... Grey shoes would ROCK that (as would nude).
  • LindsayHein
    LindsayHein Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    They are both great. Winner either way! I am partial to the blue and white…I love the shape and cut of the dress. Congratulations!
  • 34again
    34again Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Blue and white shows off your beautiful figure and more appropriate for an occasion like a graduation. You look fabulous in both though!
  • lisitabonita
    lisitabonita Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    The blue and white looks so great on you, and seems more graduation than the Black and white, which seems more nice picnic/outdoor event to me.
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    Oh wow...thank you all so much! :flowerforyou:

BTW I would not wear the black shoes with the blue and white dress, I just had them on to try it on, as I can't wear a dress without nice shoes, and I need to find suitable ones, as not sure how far I need to walk etc,

I am so pleased with both dresses, the picture I posted of the black and white one does not do it justice to be fair, but I do like the blue and white and how it fits etc They are both well made, lined, good quality dresses. I will wear some stockings with them, as the graduation ceremony is next month and it will be cold by then, we have to travel on the ferry and drive a way to get there too, as we live on a little island.

I am VERY proud of my Daughter, she is now a qualified Nurse, and has just started work on a surgical ward. :smile:
  • lessofE
    lessofE Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Blue and white! You look great!
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Blue and white. It looks great on you!! Beautiful, classy.
  • wilmnoca
    wilmnoca Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    The 1st one, blue. Fits like a glove and super current!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    You look stunning in both of them! So if you're OK with accessories for each (shoes, bag, jacket if it's going to be cold, jewellery) then whichever will be more comfortable to wear all day.

I have a slight preference for the blue and white - the neckline is lovely, and peplums are very fashionable right now.
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I love them both but agree with the other comments, the blue and white one is more formal and shows off your fab figure the best. Hey, if you've got it flaunt it, lol!! Congrats to your daughter by the way x
  • reggie2run
    reggie2run Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Blue and white one....you look great!
  • penguinlally
    penguinlally Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I vote blue - and a big *kitten* hat ---- but not so big we can't see your beautiful face! they both are lovely and you totally rock them Karen! Hope to be on a bit more these days..... keeping my fingers crossed! xo Valerie
  • emmalene1984
    emmalene1984 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I vote for blue and white too. It's my graduation in just under two weeks and if you were my mum I would want you to wear the blue and white one. You look fabulous in it but very elegant at the same time, just the right level of formality I think. :-) Congratulations to your daughter too :-) x
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of the blue and white, it really compliments your shape!
    Me too!! blue and white looks great on you!
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Blue and White def@
  • Scottish_charlene_84
    Options
    I like the blue one but LOVE the black and white one. Pattern on it is fab and so modern
  • AlbaAngel25
    AlbaAngel25 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Blue and White! Hands down. Both are very nice though.
  • madworld1
    madworld1 Posts: 524
    Options
    They both look great on you. But, I really like the way the blue one fits your figure perfectly!
  • cwojo
    cwojo Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Definately the blue one.
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    First one for sure.