Into a SIZE 6!!!

Options
I started my weight loss journey in 2008 when my mom and I went to Weight Watchers. I was 230 pounds. In two years I was at my goal - 150 and became a lifetime member. Shortly after that I had surgery on my foot and couldn't exercise but maintained pretty well. I then got engaged, moved in with my fiancee and his daughter, and started to work from home (hello self control!)

With that I put between 15 and 20 pounds back on (goes on much easier then it comes off!) At 165-170, I still felt pretty good and knew that I had still taken a lot of weight off but with an upcoming wedding I knew I needed to take it off AND tone my muscles and try to get rid of the flab! So in August my sister told me about MFP and nothing else I was doing was working very well so I decided to give it a shot. I started running 5-6 miles a week, riding the bike, the elliptical, and using a workout DVD that tones arms, legs, and abs. I work out EVERY DAY!! I have taken off 12 pounds since August (doesn't seem like a lot but as many of you know it's harder to lose when you don't have as far to go!) The scale said 154 yesterday! Not only that but I decided just for the heck of it to try on my size 6 jeans today (I've had them in my closet for about 2 years but haven't been able to wear them) and viola - THEY FIT!!! Not only that but they are comfortable! Even at 150 I couldn't get into them comfortably, so I guess the toning is paying off! I don't see much of a difference in my trouble spots but my fiancee constantly comments about how great I look (he has been so supportive through this whole process!) I still have aways to go (I want to get to 130) but I am so pleased at where I've come from 2008 to now.

I can't wait to be standing there in my wedding dress in April next to the love of my life. I can have a fabulous day without thinking I don't look good in the dress! I just wanted to share my story because if I can do it - anyone can! I LOVE food but I don't feel like I've lost out on anything or am missing out. Everything is fine in moderation and I have found some great recipes that are like the recipes I liked before - but healthier! I feel great having a healthier lifestyle and in turn my family is also healthier! It can be done!

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!