Do MPF trolls and *regulars* have OCD? -silly topic

Crayvn
Crayvn Posts: 390 Member
first off..major typo on topic subject...MPF...ty jof...sigh..this is why i dont post on the forums grrr..lol..anyways..here we go..

ok so the medical definition of OCD is :

Obsessive-compulsive disorder is an anxiety disorder in which people have unwanted and repeated thoughts, feelings, ideas, sensations (obsessions), or behaviors that make them feel driven to do something (compulsions).

Often the person carries out the behaviors to get rid of the obsessive thoughts, but this only provides temporary relief. Not performing the obsessive rituals can cause great anxiety.

Symptoms

Obsessions or compulsions that are not due to medical illness or drug use

Obsessions or compulsions that cause major distress or interfere with everyday life

being said...lets address unwanted repeated thoughts... Do you post because you know what your going to post is prolly unwanted and you will prolly have to justify your post repeatedly..

anxiety- do you get anxiety when you read stupid posts and are driven to post something because you cant help yourself?

your compulsion to post is not because you are high..but you feel you want to get high or use drugs cause the OP is an idiot?

Does "not" posting cause you major distress/anxiety because you havent posted on your page or message boards in the past 15 mins?.. Does it interfere with your daily life cause your doing it while driving, or at work, or should be doing something else at home etc?

Disclaimer...this is just a silly post and not meant at a jab at anyone...i just happen to run across an article about OCD on the internet and was like omg this sounds like the message board trolls :p

Replies

• StarkLark
    StarkLark Posts: 476 Member
    I would have posted earlier, but I was too busy clicking refresh over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again to see if anyone had responded yet.
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    I would have posted earlier, but I was too busy clicking refresh over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again to see if anyone had responded yet.

I was doing the same thing.
  • Crayvn
    you were probably hitting refresh cause you saw my typo and thought you were reading it wrong..lol *puts dunce cap back on*
  • I would have posted earlier, but I was too busy clicking refresh over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again to see if anyone had responded yet.

This is why I look at them! Not because of the silly posts, but once in awhile you come by someone like you, that is inspiring. Look at your numbers. Wow!!!! It makes me want to work harder.
  • I would have posted earlier, but I was too busy clicking refresh over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again to see if anyone had responded yet.
    Thank you both for the morning giggle :)
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    I think they get a dopamine surge from replies. It's addictive.
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Yes.
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    I will quote someone here: "just break up"
  • suzieqcookie
    suzieqcookie Posts: 314 Member
    oh god yes! i have one on-off friend who can't stay away from the forums, but then gets "overwhelmed" and pissed, closes her account, then a few days later opens a new one then starts the process all over again. I refer to her as a head case, but i think OCD would be more appropriate.
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member

Ill admit it, I like to see if anyone replied to something I said. I like feeling self important- even if it is a lie.:blushing:
    :laugh:
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member

Ill admit it, I like to see if anyone replied to something I said. I like feeling self important- even if it is a lie.:blushing:
    :laugh:

Back for more dopamine... :bigsmile:
  • Crayvn
    bueller?
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    As a troll myself, I can tell you the answer is yes.
  • _JR_
    _JR_ Posts: 830 Member
    I was thinking the sa...... squirrel!!!!
  • lmao @ stark!
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Hit the word 'prolly' and couldn't read anymore....ouch!
  • LeggyAmericanGirl
    LeggyAmericanGirl Posts: 285 Member
    OCD posters edit and correct improper grammar, just saying
  • Crayvn
    I dont have OCD...so is *prolly* why i didnt correct it :p..just saying
  • malicent
    malicent Posts: 127
    tumblr_m8r1hj7Gna1rcciplo1_500.jpg
  • Crayvn
    tumblr_m8r1hj7Gna1rcciplo1_500.jpg