Replies

• shoshi68
    shoshi68 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Doing the dishes.
  • Owsla135
    Owsla135 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Outdoor activities. Picnics, walks, even fishing. Just something about the open air.
  • CrystalDreams
    CrystalDreams Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    when a guy holds my hair back..... :tongue:
  • gayje
    gayje Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Romance to me is when he winks at me across the dinner table and tells our children this:

"Mom worked hard all day keeping a beautiful house and then made this delish dinner so it's early to bed for you kiddos so that mom can have some quiet time reading tonight and early to rise so that we can make her breakfast".
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    The most romantic things a guy ever did for me was give me a small potted azalea plant with packs of JuicyFruit gum tied all over it. I was a little puzzled for a moment--then he said that on our first date I had mentioned that as a child I had begged my dad to plant a JuicyFruit tree (they had a commercial at the time which featured one, or at least to my tiny 3 year old brain it did).

Not only was he paying attention to something random I had said and remembered it, but he wanted to make that unfulfilled wish come true for me. That's what I consider romantic!

I love this!
  • RobfromLakewood
    Options
    Maybe this isn't romantic in the conventional sense, but a couple of weeks ago my wife did the following small things that mean so much:

1. We went to a chicken place for dinner Wednesday and had leftovers for lunch the next day. When I opened my lunch the chicken had been cut off the bone for me.

2. I bought a new bike that came in October 4th. A piece broke off my old bike (nothing important) and I told Felicia that the new bike is good timing, but that I could super glue the old piece back for now. The next day I went to my bike, the piece was already super glued.

Maybe not "ROMANTIC" but it shows me she's caring about me, even if I don't see it at the time.
  • JosephVitte
    JosephVitte Posts: 2,039
    Options
    I think romantic, is eye contact to start(nervousness isn't romantic). I believe being attentive to what your date is saying is romantic.(so often people are not paying attention, and just nodding there head in agreement) I believe honesty is romantic in it's own right. (when one senses the presence of truth, it can be it's own aphrodisiac, knowing the depth to the person is limitless, unlike exaggerations many seem to use to prop themselves up to something there not, or want to be, or a wanna be. I think old school common courtesies like opening doors is romantic. (it show's interest, and or a continued interest, and or continued respect. It divulges to others a commitment, even if there only committed for the night) I think holding hands is romantic, as well, kissing the top flat of the hand (I just like it)Slow dancing is romantic, respectfully of course. (a real romantic never shows all his cards in public, or even on a private dance floor) I have to end here, this is getting to be too much.
  • TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    On our first date we were at a BBQ,..Mary J B.,played in the background,..he asked me to dance..when we looked up everyone was gone,..the tables the food,..the only one left in the back yard was the dog!,..& that CD they left playing over & over,...3hours had gone by,.....that was Sept 1,2001....still to this day if we start to slowdance...we laugh a little that we know we dont wanna let go..not ever.
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I am married. I have no idea what romantic is.

So true....

amen to this!!!! my new romance is romance novels lol.

THAT is beyond sad
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    A few nights ago I had a small kitchen fire, and couldn't eat the dinner I was planning. Had to spend the entire night cleaning soot.
    My fiance(who lives very far) ordered me a pizza and wings and had it delivered.

So many little things like that he does. To me, that's romance.
  • JosephVitte
    JosephVitte Posts: 2,039
    Options
    I am married. I have no idea what romantic is.

So true....

amen to this!!!! my new romance is romance novels lol.

THAT is beyond sad

lol awesome response hugh
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I feel like romance is in the little things. When we get back home from somewhere, my boyfriend always asks me if I need to use the bathroom rather than running ahead and using it first. I will take that over rose petals on my bed any day of the week.