Finally posting my veggie burger recipe! Gluten free.

Options
karmahunger
karmahunger Posts: 373 Member
This recipe is gluten free, but NOT vegan. It does call for one egg.

No Name (Superstore) - Old Fashioned Rolled Oats, 1/2 cup
Generic - Quinoa Cooked, 0.5 cup 111 20
Rice - White, medium-grain, cooked, 0.5 cup
Lucerne - Egg, Large , 1 large egg (50g)
Only Oats - Pure Whole Grain Oat Flour, 0.5 cup(30g)
Unico - Canned Lentils, 1/2 cup (125ml)
Pam - Canola Oil - Non-Stick Cooking Spray, 1 tsp (1/2 second spray) - .5 grams

Directions:
In a pot, pour in two cups of water (this will leave excess water that will need to be drained). Add in the oats, quinoa, rice and lentils. Bring to a boil and make sure the rice is THOROUGHLY COOKED.
Once cooked, use a colander and drain the excess water. Get as dry as you can! If you want to add a sauce, such as sweet pepper sauce, add around 1 and 1/2 cups now. Mix it in.
Pour the flour over the mix, and add more as needed. Add egg. Mix it until it is easy to pick up without it being sticky, and make burger shapes.
Spray pan with Pam and once heated, put burgers down. Should take only 25-30 seconds for each side so long as the pan is hot!

Each burger is around 106 calories. For more nutritional info, message me. Serves around 8 people, depending on the size. These "veggie burgers" are more ancient grain burgers, but they are cheap to make and are super tasty (alright, if you use sauce or condiments they are super tasty haha).

Enjoy!

Replies

• emyishardcore
    emyishardcore Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I will try this some time :)
  • usfirefly
    usfirefly Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    sounds interessting, i might try this sometime! if i can find all the ingredience... thank you for posting it!
  • DollaMimi86
    Options
    Now, only if I can get my husband to eat a veggie burger lol. thank you for posting it. Gotta try this!
  • justmarried15
    justmarried15 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Looks great! I'm meat free in the house so I'll be trying this soon!