Have you become am intimidator? When did you realize?

Options
2»

Replies

• rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    pretty much since i started lifting 2 plates on the bench. I'm only 150lbs at 5'9" so it's funny because I can just see how people are staring. like wtf how that kid do that??

Your profile pic is you at 150lbs??!? Jesus ****. =O

Agreed! Holy cow!
  • hailz840
    hailz840 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    i like the way you added "dudess"
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    I always do a 7-10 min warm up before i go lift
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options

His avi isn't him. I have no idea why people do that.
  • super_monty
    super_monty Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Hmm I never really thought about it. I know people look at me while Im on the elliptical because I go kind of crazy on the thing. I never wanted to intimidate anyone by it. And down in the weight room I am not nearly one of the big guys....yet. : )

You can be intimidating without realizing it, i think that happen to the nice people who are super fit. I talk to many of them now.

Its tough walking into a gym being overweight and being surrounded by 'fit' people, but once you realize that some of them were in your position some time ago, its rather cool.
  • meeka472
    meeka472 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I was "cleaning" with some pretty heavy weights with my trainer. And when I was done this bad *kitten* fit lady that can hold her own with the guys came over and commented that my workout with my trainer looked awesome. She then signed up for some sessions with my trainer as well. My trainer has also had several people sign up after seeing me workout with him. That's when I knew that I had officially became one of the bad *kitten* intimidators at the gym.
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options

His avi isn't him. I have no idea why people do that.

Oh that makes sense.
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    When I benched more than the skinny asian dudes. They weren't as impressed.

I always smile at a dude in power class when I do the same weights as him.