What food is like Kryptonite to your diet?

Options
Obviously you might have more than one, but which one is the most difficult? Mine is probably pizza, and the struggle also includes not being able to just have a slice. Do you abstain completely, plan a cheat around it, or do you substitute i.e. english muffin or pita pizza with low fat cheese?

Replies

• ls_66
    ls_66 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Nutella... it's addictive like crack .. not that I've every tried crack LOL
  • mountain59
    mountain59 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Home made bread.... fresh out of the oven with Amish butter spread all over it.
  • mountain59
    mountain59 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Nutella... it's addictive like crack .. not that I've every tried crack LOL

Put that on my home made bread and it's double whammy! No matter what else I do for Christmas my kids want sour dough brea and Nutella. lol I put it in their stockings (nutella that is).... yeah crack LOL
  • j0zf
    j0zf Posts: 10
    Options
    I eat pizza all the time. love that stuff. Just don't go crazy with it. Learn to like thin crust and exercise extra that day. That's my advice and it has worked well for me so far.
  • angiechimpanzee
    angiechimpanzee Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Um refined sugars of any kind typically ruin things - chocolate, cookies, cake, muffins, & the like.

I can have pizza, two slices and be satisfied as long as I focus on only having that amount. Cheeseburgers too, I can have one decent sized one & be full. But sugary stuff? No way man.
  • SeaJenni
    SeaJenni Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Cheese, milk in my coffee, and alcohol.

I've tried not putting milk in my coffee and drinking tea. I might try buying yogurt to get rid of the cheese cravings.

Avoiding alcohol is pretty easy. I just go out less, but I still go big when I do go.
  • Katbody10
    Katbody10 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I don't abstain completely .. I do portion control or save it up for my Sunday Splurge Day (my day to eat, drink and damn well be merry - so there! day)

Nothing is cheating unless it grossly takes you over your daily allotted calories .. for all the times you create a deficit (to lose weight more quickly, etc) .. you're bound to have deposited in your calorie bank account some rainy spare change along the way.

Keep exercising and go back to your good behavior/habits the following day! We're all allowed to have normal human days... we're not all machines!

As you create your good eating habits over time .. the desire to over indulge diminishes .. it becomes easier to control your portions... i.e. order that pizza and just eat it over the next 3 days instead :smile:
  • trackstack
    trackstack Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I eat pizza all the time. love that stuff. Just don't go crazy with it. Learn to like thin crust and exercise extra that day. That's my advice and it has worked well for me so far.

I substitute sometimes but mostly abstain. Everyone is different and if I want to keep my abs that I worked for I can't "eat the stuff all the time" thin crust or not haha
  • fitmum2be
    fitmum2be Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Chocolate...... omg one little square is never enough hahahahaha
  • haku23
    haku23 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Any sort of dessert. If I see it I'll eat it but I'm working on my willpower which is getting better because I just think "if I eat these cookies that means I have to do another 10 minutes of cardio and you know how much you hate working out". I've still been maintaining my deficiet thankfully however I know I should really cut down on the sugar. :[
  • misslindseylou
    misslindseylou Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Two words: french. fries. They suck me in and before I know it they're gone. :sad:
  • sariannach
    Options
    Coffee. Oh, man. I like to have 1Tbsp sugar and a lot of heavy cream in mine. Three or four, or even five times a day... adds up wayyy too fast.

I finally weaned down to 2 tsp sugar and light cream, usually only once or twice a day. I have a rule about not buying coffee out unless I'm more than two hours from home. Otherwise I can be patient and wait until I get home to make it cheaper and know exactly what's in it.
    I also started putting a little bit of vanilla extract in my coffee... adds the flavor without artificially-gross non-dairy creamer or flavored sugar syrups. I do not use artificial sweeteners.
  • OnMyWeigh464
    OnMyWeigh464 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    cheese
  • Radiskull
    Radiskull Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake. I want some right now.
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Nibble platters with dips and marinated chilli olives and salamis and cheeses and pickled thingys...and....and....and

Ok these really are my weakness. So bad because I say I will just have a little...then a bit more...then a little bit more..then a lot more and bammo! tray is gone into my gullet. And they don't seem like a lot of calories because it's a little of this and a little of that but add it up and bye bye my whole daily budget of calories.
  • iqnas
    iqnas Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    pasta...any kind..
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Sodium.

I am constantly bloated.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    <<---A Japanese Swiss roll cocoa cake.
  • gino79ec
    Options
    Concentrated orange juice: no fiber, high in sugar.
  • heykaraoke
    heykaraoke Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Those Stacy's bagel chips. Oh, my gosh. I will eat an entire bag. Which is why I never, ever buy them. But sometimes my mom will come to visit and she will bring them to me because she knows I love them and then I have what I call a Shameful Day, haha.