What food is like Kryptonite to your diet?

Options

Replies

• iggyboo93
    iggyboo93 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Home made bread.... fresh out of the oven with Amish butter spread all over it.

Second that - french bread right out of the oven is perfection.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Nuts
  • kadinlucas
    kadinlucas Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Chocolate... ruined 2 solid weeks of MFP diary when I got given 2xcadbury roses, box of 30 ferrero rocher and 2x box of lindt lindor balls for my birthday. Tried to be good and spread them out but it just made every day go over in calories.
  • rwhawkes
    rwhawkes Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Um refined sugars of any kind typically ruin things - chocolate, cookies, cake, muffins, & the like.

This is my addiction. Add ice cream to the list, near the top. If it's small and I can down it in one mouthful, it's game over. Read: oreo doublestuff or girl guide chocolate mint cookies.

My strategy is to simply not have it in the house. If it ain't there, it's not a temptation. If it is there, it's "Seek and Destroy"
  • Forensi
    Forensi Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Coffee - Caramel Lattes are killers

and

Cheese
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Cheetos, cheese puffs, cheese twists, any of those orange powdered covered snacks. I can spot that color from a mile away and I always get excited. It's just best that I don't have any near me.
  • stephaniern21
    Options
    Chips.... any kind- they are addictive... how do you not want to eat the whole bag in one sitting?!
  • johned63
    johned63 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    reeses peanut butter cups - i can't have them aournd
  • Danilynn1975
    Danilynn1975 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Italian Cream Cake. I love that thing, but it's horrible for me to have around, it's only the icing that is super sweet, the cake part is not very sweet, just well flavored and full of nuts and coconut, but the icing is so perfect with it.

One thick piece laid onto a plate all nice and pretty turns into a second and once my brain and stomach get into the groove, I can never walk awy from it long enough to gain control and before you know it, the whole cake is gone. Then the sugar starts a number on my stomach and I feel like Pooh Bear when he got stuck in Rabbit's door.

So I have learned to not eat it at all ever. It's the best thing for me because there is no self control with it. Walk away, look away, don't touch.
  • TonyStark30
    TonyStark30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Raw peanuts. at one point I thought I was Plateauing nope just a big bag of peanuts.
  • BeeRobin
    BeeRobin Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Peanut frickin butter!
  • VeeDub75
    Options
    Oh my gosh! NUTELLA!!!! It's sitting in my pantry cabinet calling me... I've been avoiding it, or the jar will be empty........
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Obviously you might have more than one, but which one is the most difficult? Mine is probably pizza, and the struggle also includes not being able to just have a slice. Do you abstain completely, plan a cheat around it, or do you substitute i.e. english muffin or pita pizza with low fat cheese?

Peanut butter. If I have a jar of PB in the house, I get crazy and want to eat the whole thing in one go. So I just don't buy it - "if you can't eat it responsibly, just don't buy it" or sth like that ;)
  • martintanz
    Options
    Donuts, scones, and cinnamon rolls. If I start reaching for those, I am in trouble. Also french fries, though I must say, 3 months in, I am finding it easier to pass on them. Tried one the other day off my son's plate at a restaurant and though it tasted good, I couldn't see myself eating the whole plate of fries like I used to.
  • rknopf1
    rknopf1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Trail Mix is my Kryptonite. I just stop eating it when I have it. This is the one food that I have avoided purchasing at all costs. :smile:
    I haven't had to cut out other foods except fast food, I just try to do everything in moderation.
  • kdb247
    kdb247 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Rib Eye:tongue:
  • prairiedawg2014
    Options
    ima carb pig.....i LOVE my breads, pastas and cakes. that has been the hardest for me on this diet. sometimes i will eat less thru the day to allow for a meal of real spaghetti (not that whole wheat crap), or to allow for a chocolate donut LOL
  • kathleencook2670
    Options
    Pop...soda...coke...
  • Bighiker2
    Bighiker2 Posts: 100
    Options
    Bacon!! I could eat a whole lb. in one setting! Also, almonds (good for you but high in calories) and chocolate bars of any kind! I have to stay away from those foods.

However, I recently reached goal and have learned to enjoy everything in moderation because my desire to maintain my weight loss is bigger than the desire to binge on Krytonite foods! LOL
  • steakandfries
    Options
    Rice...any kind, with soy and sriracha sauce. I just go nuts, like the Cookie Monster.