PB2 Recipes

Options
TakinSexyBack
TakinSexyBack Posts: 300 Member
Got my first bag of PB2! Cant wait to try it but I need some recipes!!!!!

Replies

• farmwife3815
    farmwife3815 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    It's great in smoothie's. That's what I use it for. It's also good on chicken!!
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Straight off the spoon, or on a banana, or as a dip with sliced apples. If you have the chocolate version, it's really good mixed with plain greek yogurt.
    I think the website has a whole section of recipes.
  • hmuh
    hmuh Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    On chicken?! I've never tried that. Yum! It's sooo good blended with a frozen banana.
  • SuperstarDJ
    SuperstarDJ Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    The PB2 website has recipes here: http://www.bellplantation.com/recipes/cat/dessert/

It's a US website so a lot of the ingredients I've never heard of though :(

What is 'Cool Whip' by the way? I've seen it used in lots of recipes here and I've no idea what it is or if we have an equivalent over here.
  • tbrp
    tbrp Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    The PB2 website has recipes here: http://www.bellplantation.com/recipes/cat/dessert/

It's a US website so a lot of the ingredients I've never heard of though :(

What is 'Cool Whip' by the way? I've seen it used in lots of recipes here and I've no idea what it is or if we have an equivalent over here.

Cool Whip is an imitation whipped cream topping that can be substituted for whipped cream. It is in the freezer section of markets in the U.S. and is available in fat free and sugar free versions.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    We don't get it or anything like it in Australia. Not sure if it's a good or a bad thing. What is it made from?
  • SuperstarDJ
    Options
    No, we don't have anything like it in Europe either. We have whipped cream in an aerosol can though. I wonder if that's the same? It's pretty disgusting if I remember though :(
  • driaxx
    driaxx Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I love PB2, I mix it with water (1tbsp) and dip strawberries into it. Or I mix it into yogurt...never tried it with a frozen banana that sounds delicious!
  • TakinSexyBack
    Options
    No, we don't have anything like it in Europe either. We have whipped cream in an aerosol can though. I wonder if that's the same? It's pretty disgusting if I remember though :(

YES!!!! Thats the same stuff!!!!
  • TakinSexyBack
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas!!! Now, when you say put it on a banana, apple etc, do you mean to sprinkle the powder on or reconstitute it first?? Havent tried it yet!! May be a stupid question!!!
  • SuperstarDJ
    Options

Thanks!
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    1 cup almond meal
    1/2 cup PB2
    4 Scoops Chocolate Whey Protein
    1/4 cup baking cocoa
    10 Splendas
    5 Egg Whites
    2 TBSP Olive Oil
    1 TBSP Baking Powder
    Salt
    Add water for consistency

Makes 12 protein Muffins
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas!!! Now, when you say put it on a banana, apple etc, do you mean to sprinkle the powder on or reconstitute it first?? Havent tried it yet!! May be a stupid question!!!

Not a stupid question. Mix with water per the package directions, then put on your deisred fruit.
  • kmahlee
    Options
    1 cup almond meal
    1/2 cup PB2
    4 Scoops Chocolate Whey Protein
    1/4 cup baking cocoa
    10 Splendas
    5 Egg Whites
    2 TBSP Olive Oil
    1 TBSP Baking Powder
    Salt
    Add water for consistency

Makes 12 protein Muffins

that sounds good! do you know the nutrional values for the muffins or where I can find the info?
    Thanks
  • bodyrollin
    bodyrollin Posts: 215 Member
    Options

not the same...aresol whipped cream is still whipped cream cool whip added skim milk, and light cream in 2010, before that the only dairy like thing it contained was casein (milk protein) but it currently consists of mostly water, partially hydrogenated oils (palm and coconut I believe) and high fructose corn syrup, basically it's crap on top of crap, you're not missing out...flavor wise it tastes a bit like regular whipped cream if you add vanilla but less buttery.
  • sharondmiller
    Options
    What is this?
  • bodyrollin
    bodyrollin Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    As for a recipe, try this...

Combine 1/2c coconut milk, 1tbsp fish sauce, 2 tsp red curry paste, 1tsp brown sugar, 1tbsp chopped cilantro, 1/2 tsp ground turmeric, 2 tbsp fresh lime juice, and 1tbsp siracha in a gallon ziplock bag

Slice 2 boneless skinless chicken breast into thin lslices lengthwise, and add to the marinade and marinate for 1-4 hours.

Remove chicken from the marinade and while it is still damp, put about 1/2 cup of pb2 on to a plate, or into a paper bag, and add the chicken to that (like a flour breading) and if in a paper bag, shake it, if on a plate roll to coat.

Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and add a little oil to the bottom...of the skillet...add chicken and "pan fry" until internal temp of 161 degrees, and outside is golden brown. (pan fry is in quotes because there really shouldn't be enough oil to fry, but just enough to ensure the pb2 "breading" gets crispy.

This should taste like chicken satay dipped in the spicy peanut sauce, but have a texture similar to fried chicken. It's my favorite use of pb2
  • lawre028
    lawre028 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Please somebody tell me what PB2 is!
  • lawre028
    lawre028 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    never mind. I googled it. lol
  • TakinSexyBack
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe!! Sounds yummy!!