FITBIT or FITBUG - which one?

Options
2»

Replies

• aNEWmarcus
    Options
    Well thank you call for the advice and recommendations..

I think after a bit more thinking and reviewing FitBit seems to the be way, so have ordered this today..

I'll post some more info and update once I get it and use it for a short while..

Thanks all!!
  • CovertBazinga
    CovertBazinga Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm curious to know what you thought about your fitbit purchase. I am thinking about getting one!
  • Stuart5646
    Stuart5646 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbug but am looking to move over to the fitbit; I first went on FITBUG a 3 years ago when I was on an NHS referral, I found the nutritional database sparse, but as I hadn't paid I felt in no position to complain about the poor support and poor website;

Having now paid for the use and not seen anything change I feel now that I can;

There were promises that the website would improve and a mobile app be launched, neither of these have materialised.

The question really is a monthly fee after the initial purchase year with Fitbug to have a buggy and poor nutritional database or be able to use a free service like MFP which has mobile support and excellent nutritional database?

If there are any users who have used both but think I should stick with fitbug I would be grateful of the feedback in case I am seeing greener grass!

Kind regards

Stuart
  • PurpleTina
    PurpleTina Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Stuart, I have had a Fitbug for the past two years, but got completely fed up with the lack of updates on the nutrition side of things. Came here a couple of weeks ago and I know which I prefer; have cancelled my Fitbug membership! They kept on promising new things, but nothing ever materialised.

For a non-active person, Fitbug is good in terms of encouraging you to get more active and walk. I'm guessing that Fitbit does the same though. Now that I do a lot more exercise, MFP is much easier to use, in that I can input calories burned accurately into the exercise log, rather than trying to convert it into 'steps'.

Also, I exercise 5 days a week. Fitbug doesn't recognise that rest days are important, and so my progress was looking as though I had somehow 'failed' on those two days, which I didn't find encouraging.

If I was starting my journey here I would get a Fitbit. As someone who now has an established exercise regime, I would say a decent HRM is more useful.
  • paulaann67
    paulaann67 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Check out the Epulse2 HRM it's the first strapless HRM & I love it. I had Fitbit but had to return it because it didn't sync well w MFP.
  • LivingInPuglia
    LivingInPuglia Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I too have the Fitbit and would totally agree that it makes you really think about how much you move around. I've even found myself parking further from the entrance to supermarket to try and get some more steps in. How sad am I?

Me too, and it's not sad ... it's great if it gets you moving more
  • 1fitnessplanner
    1fitnessplanner Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Does anyone use a fit if now that it syncs with MFP and can cross over? I have a fitbit but I'm being given a fit bug by life insurance and I get a premiums reduction based on my activity levels so wondered people's experience?
  • marra501
    marra501 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I got a fitbug orb today and been playing with it this evening. I had the pedometer fitbug go but lost two of them! I got it for £30 as I'm a pru health member and it links my steps with certain targets that can along with gym attendance (half price virgin active membership); reduce my pru health premium.
    As for the Orb and Mfp linking I'm using mfp as my main dashboard for everything. The fitbug dash is nice but I just use it to aim for number of steps to gain points with pru health and I'm going to check out the sleep tracking function tonight )I should be asleep now!).
    For calories burned I'm using runkeeper with mfp to add calories from walking / running and using mfp to estimate calories from weight training. I use jefit for weight sessions and just input the session length in mfp (cardiovascular > strength training). As I and many others have posted before I'm hoping that mfp and jefit will link soon.
    I have no idea how the fitbug calorie adjustment / negative calories work but I only read the thread earlier and I'm tired! So until I understand it I'm ignoring this bit.
    I'm not sure why the fitbug doesn't add in calories from steps though I may be missing something and again have only had it a few hours!
    If the fitbug measured calories from steps I could do away with runkeeper and just have the fitbug measuring all cardio.
  • fitnessguru121
    Options
    FITBUG/FITBIT REVIEW:

I have both and have compared results and have found Fitbug to be more accurate.. a lot more. Also Fitbug have been around for about 7 years longer so have mastered the app and technology, including the ability to recharge itself.

Fitbit fraudulently copied Fitbug and bought it to the market in the USA. Fitbit are being taken to court in February and could seize to exist. The evidence for copying Fitbug is substantial and they haven't really got a leg to stand on as it was copied in practically everyway, right down to the logo and similar slogan.

Technically speaking I prefer the Fitbug as it is more user friendly and is adaptable to the clothes and way you would like to secure to your person. Also I know it will continue to serve me as a customer whilst Fitbit's future is uncertain.
  • fitnessguru000
    Options
    re:fitnessguru121-fitbug/fitbit review
    I see that he has already decided the outcome of court case by stating that Fitbit has fraudulently copied Fitbug. How would he know this prior to the court's decision? I suspect that he works for Fitbug and all his comments should be disregarded. Maybe he should end up in court himself for defamation. By the way I am an airconditioning engineer NOT a fitness guru or even pretending to be one[/i]