HELP ME HELP ME HELP ME

Options
Erm, so I had that week off and now I've been back dieting for 4 days now.

I can feel myself coming to a breaking point, I have this feeling that I am going to crack tomorrow and binge.

As it is, I know I have to have another cheat day on Friday because it's my sister's wedding and she has spent a fortune on buying a five course dinner for everybody, you know.

I'm going to weigh myself tomorrow morning and hopefully that will inspire me enough to hold off the binge for another day. Any other tips any one can think of to ward myself off?

Yes, I know, I'm pathetic and have no self-control. Please help.

Replies

• houseofcarpenter
    houseofcarpenter Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    don't panic - maybe keep saying to yourself just hold out to friday - i promise it gets easier with time but you have to give yourself some time to adjust - good luck
  • richizzzle
    Options
    Whenever you feel you are about to cheat, ask yourself this.

"Am I willing to trade what I want now, for what I want the most?"

This has helped me drop over 100lbs. I'm just trying to lose these last 20. I know its hard but you can do it :)
  • Silly_Sara
    Silly_Sara Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I used to really struggle with binge eating (like I could eat an entire container of Chips Ahoy! or a bag of chips in one day). I have two tools that helped me with this:
    1. Don't buy the junk. If you don't have it, you can't eat it.
    2. If you MUST have the junk (and there are days), buy the smallest portion and healthiest junk you can. That way you get just enough to satisfy you but not enough to make you regret it.
    I've lost 65 pounds, and a lot of that has been thanks to my following these rules. Best of luck!
  • Cutie_browneyes2004
    Options
    I too have no self control... All i can say is whatever motivation you can find at the moment is what you should focus on, so looking at the scale may be what you need to focus on today, tomorrow it may be something different.

Right now my montivation is looking hot so the guy that text my friend behind my back will be begging for me and I can turn him down. I have 10 days till the event I'm going to see him at.... Whatever works... at least im eating my fruits and veggies now.
  • breasonable
    breasonable Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    What I tell myself is Nothing taste as good as THIN FEELS!!!
  • doubleduofa
    doubleduofa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    What are you eating? Why are you so hungry? I notice that when I tend to eat more carby junk foods (like ice cream, chocolate), I tend to eat all my calories too quickly and am therefore starving (Also once I eat sugar, I crave more sugar - vicious cycle). I tend to be more satiated when I eat cheese, greek yogurt (2% or full fat), veggies, fruits, lean meat, etc. My point is, maybe you need to switch up your diet a little and you will be more satiated. Or, if your diet is fine, allow yourself an extra 500 cals one day - but make it good foods - another serving of chicken, cheese, tuna, veggies, fruit - whatever! Find foods you like (that are good for you) and make them part of your diet! I love cheese, so I make it part of my diet - I'll have an oz of delicious full fat organic cheddar with an apple (or a glass of wine). I make a mean artichoke spread that is low on cals, but delicious and full of veggies. :)

As far as the wedding, what I do is eat very light for breakfast and lunch, and save most of my cals for dinner. This way, I don't feel like I'm just crazy binging. UGH - It is so easy to eat 1200 cals at a nice dinner - I know! I splurge, but I try to maintain control. Control is what you want to have. You will be so proud of yourself! I'm really trying hard to build better habits - and part of that is learning how to eat at restaurants, at potlucks, at parties, etc. I eat my salad (dipping my fork in the dressing), I have just 1 piece of bread if I absolutely can't keep away from them, and I eat slowly. I make sure to eat my veggies and 4-5oz of my meat. I will eat as much of my dessert as I want, but I won't stuff it down if I don't want anymore. I stick to wine for drink because that is what I prefer, but there are other options. Then I track it all and know I enjoyed every bit of it, but am proud I was able to maintain control.

You can do this!
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    sounds like a pro-ana quote lol
  • worldofme
    worldofme Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I too have no self control... All i can say is whatever motivation you can find at the moment is what you should focus on, so looking at the scale may be what you need to focus on today, tomorrow it may be something different.

Right now my montivation is looking hot so the guy that text my friend behind my back will be begging for me and I can turn him down. I have 10 days till the event I'm going to see him at.... Whatever works... at least im eating my fruits and veggies now.

That sounds like some pretty good motivation! Never actually thought to try something like that, but you know...just picturing something that relates personal lit a fire in me!! Awesome!!! I LOVE MP!!!
  • Ruthe8
    Ruthe8 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    If your calories weren't so low, you could go to a wedding and eat a normal dinner without making it a cheat day.
    If this is the reason you're trying to lose weight, you may as well give up now. Doign it to look hot for someone else is the worst reason I can think of. And if you really think 10 days is going to make a difference, you need a big dose of reality.
  • hhayes06
    hhayes06 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    If your calories weren't so low, you could go to a wedding and eat a normal dinner without making it a cheat day.
    If this is the reason you're trying to lose weight, you may as well give up now. Doign it to look hot for someone else is the worst reason I can think of. And if you really think 10 days is going to make a difference, you need a big dose of reality.

Wow, that's a bit of a b!tchy thing to say. From what I read her motivation is to be able to tell this jerk that he can shove it. Also, maybe the event is in 10 days but she has been working on losing weight and getting in shape for the last 6 months. That can make a difference. Sounds to me like someone shat in your Wheaties this morning. :noway:

To the OP, when you start to feel a craving for junk food brush your teeth and then go take a walk. By the time you get back the craving should be gone. Good luck staying on track and have fun at the wedding! :drinker:
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Just continue on as normal. This isn't a race. Speedbumps are meaningless unless you let them stop your journey. Why the panic? Just eat.
  • Tymeshia
    Tymeshia Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I love your reply and going to use that for me too!
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Stop "dieting" and you won't feel deprived and binge. Simple as that. Develop a healthy eating plan that you can live with for the long-term or else you'll be "dieting" for the rest of your life. I'm having a scheduled "cheat" meal tonight of Italian sausage, peppers and onions and potato salad. All day today I will be on my plan and all week because I've allowed that cheat meal. And I ate 2 Chips Ahoy cookies last night, which also keeps me on the beam the rest of the time. I eat 85% healthy, 15% splurges. I've been doing it for years...I lost 70lbs over 20 years ago, kept it off, and never dieted a day in my life!
  • kakklespakkle
    kakklespakkle Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Just continue on as normal. This isn't a race. Speedbumps are meaningless unless you let them stop your journey. Why the panic? Just eat.
    ^^ Good advice.
    Maybe exercise more, then you can eat more.
  • chrissyb1985
    chrissyb1985 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I saw a quote on my facebook and I don't know who bad. It said " A few bad days won't ruin a weightloss plan...only giving upo can do that!!"
  • CressidaJL
    CressidaJL Posts: 53 Member
    Options

Wow, that's a bit of a b!tchy thing to say. From what I read her motivation is to be able to tell this jerk that he can shove it.

Although Ruthe8 may not have phrased it quite right, her sentiment is correct; if the OP is doing this for someone else, it's never going to work. Losing weight for your own self-esteem is fantastic, and if that's what the OP meant then awesome; sometimes we all need a kick in the pants to wake us up. However it did sound a bit like she was saying she was doing it in order to spite someone else, which (although a perfectly logical reaction to being hurt!) is not enough to keep us losing weight in the long term. It has to be for ourselves, or we'll fall at the first hurdle.

To the OP: keep at it. Your work will pay off, and if 'the worst' happens & you binge, it's only one day. Look at all the days you *haven't* binged. All the positive changes you're making. Give yourself a break, and let yourself be proud of how far you've come. It's a journey, not a destination. :)
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    others have offered some good advice, take what you need to give you the motivation to get through your rough days...remember, this is a lifestyle change, so you can get healthy and stay healthy...good luck to you
  • PrettyUgly18
    PrettyUgly18 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    diet pop helps me, when I feel like i'll binge.
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    A super model said it. I just cant remember which one.
  • apatheticLog
    apatheticLog Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    A super model said it. I just cant remember which one.

they all say it. they have to! its their job.