20 and determined

Options
Hi Everyone! I'm Jenn.. I'm 20 years old and a stay at home mommy to a 3 year old. I just recently started with myfitnesspal, and plan on doing a diet change tomorrow, adding more fruits, and trying to control my portions. The 3 things I have alot of trouble with are portion control, exercise (I'm a lazy bum), and choosing healthy foods.. alot of the time I just grab what's cheap because we have to shop on a budget, so if anyone has any suggestions for that, they would be much appreciated.. and also everyone feel free to add me.. I need all the support I can get.. I have 70+ lbs to lose.

Replies

• victorialkay
    Options
    Hi Add me if you like hun!

I have some very helpful friends too who offer loads of great support!! Woohoo!! lol!
  • kailawilkerson87
    Options
    Hey thanks for the ad! and hey try smart ones. You can add a big salad to them or something cause they arent horribly high and are surprisingly good. Also while your eatting drink a diet soda. inbetween like every bite or two and you will feel super full. it will help. Also you might not want to do to much fruit in the begining because natural sugar makes you crave the bad surgar. So be careful :D My mom has been a succesful dieter and she taught me alot. So if you have any questions dont be affraid to ask.
  • emmyelleNYC
    emmyelleNYC Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hey! We're around the same age. Add me :) I've been using MFP for a while now without adding anyone but I think it will help to keep me/each other motivated and on track!
  • TheJarv
    TheJarv Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Diet and portion control is going to be most of what helps. You can workout till you drop, but diet needs to be in check. Trust me, I've wiped out workouts by downing a pizza. Not a slice.. a pizza.