5'2" and trying to get down to 125 lbs. need a buddy!

Options

Replies

• seventeendayer
    seventeendayer Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me for support!!
  • jnp96
    jnp96 Posts: 163
    Options
    I am 5'4 and am working to get to 125. Any ideas to share would be appreciated.:smile:
  • benska
    benska Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi! I'm about 5'3" and hover around 140 lbs. Which absolutely horrifies me :-( I didn't even weigh this much when I was pregnant! I had been about 110 lbs. for most of my adult life, then I got an office job where I put on about five more pounds. I lost that office job, couldn't find another one for close to three years...so suffered some pretty damaging depression, along with some serious drinking. THAT is what packed on all these pounds.

I found this site, and have already discovered that as well as I thought I was eating, I'm actually not. I also have a Total Gym in my spare room, that I just can't seem to make myself get on. It's ridiculous, really.

So, I would love to be your buddy...I need all the help I can get, and none of my friends are too interested in actually working out. Unless it's their elbow to their mouth kind of thing :-).

Here's to my second day of zero alcohol...my biggest downfall. I've never done this before, so I hope it helps!
  • GeliPearl401
    Options
    Add me. :)

I'm about 5'3" and currently weigh 180. Physically, I've been told that I look about 150 but since it's not what my scale says, I don't buy it.

My smallest, I've weighed 115 lbs. My goal is to loose 50 lbs. I've been on MFP for about a month now and have lost only 3 which I'll gain back in a couple of days. I'm not sure if the problem is my scale, it's digital and goes out to one spot after the decimal. I've been told that I look about 150 but like I said, I want to see it, read it, on my scale.

I LOVE rice and chocolate. I've been able to slowly, and I stress SLOWLY, reduce my rice in take. I've increased my fruits and veggie. I've dropped in pant size but again, THAT'S NOT WHAT MY SCALE SAYS. :(

This is very discouraging. I would love a support system period. People have this misconception that Asian women are thin and petite. I'm petite but I'm definitely not thin. I have an hour glass that's sporting a permanent tire on my lower half. LOL
  • kmkgurl
    kmkgurl Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'1 and i weigh 142 right now but im trying to get down to 125 or lower. so add me if you would like. we could support eachother!
  • lovelyshannon
    Options
    Totally understand what you're going through, and I'm always open to new friends that want support reaching their goal! :) I'm 5' 2.5" and I currently weigh 127 lbs (my starting weight was 188 lbs) and my goal isn't too much lower than where I am now.
  • emmyelleNYC
    emmyelleNYC Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm about 5'4 but looking to get to around 125 by New Years. Add me (that goes for the other repliers too!). I'm looking for buddies who have similar goals as me :)
  • mkzara
    mkzara Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hey I am 5'2" and trying to get down to 120 as well. I will probably want to hit 117 once I get to 120 but the goal right now is to get to 120 through healthy eating.

There is no way I would have time to work out January through April (I am an accountant so that is THE busy season) so I need to figure out how to get to and stay at 120 through healthy eating only.

Anyone can add me btw, I am open to new friends and motivation
  • LittleBallofFurr
    LittleBallofFurr Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Any of you can feel free to add me, Im 5'3 and Id love to see 125 but that is a long way off for me. Im currently at 176. I would love the motivation and the chance to help motivate you!/.
  • mrsmustgetmuscles1
    mrsmustgetmuscles1 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 5'3" and currently trying to maintain around 115lbs but would like to gain muscle so that number may go up. My original goal was to get down to 125 by my birthday last April so I'd way what my license says...had to renew it so it seemed like a good goal. I reached that sometime in March and because of how easy it seemed with the help of myfitnesspal, I adjusted the goal to 115. I don't remember EVER weighing this much of fitting into a size 4. I really think it's a combination of exercise and watching calorie intake. I did find that mixing up how much you eat now and then sometimes combats a stall in weight lose (up calorie intake for a few days so your body thinks it's going to start getting more, then lower it back down again...not sure that will work for everyone, but it worked for me). Getting enough protein is key, I have my macros set for 50% carbs, and 25% each for protein and fat, which puts me at around 91g/protein per day. I try to work out 3-4 days per week, warm up with the elliptical then do weight training for 30-60 mins. It was hard at first to take the time away from my family to go to the gym, but I know it's good for me and seeing me healthy is a good role model for my girls. Plus, it's a family affair, my husband also goes and the club has a wonderful play place and classes that the kids absolutely love. Doing a life style change is much easier when the whole family is involved. Good luck on reaching your goals and congrats on the upcoming wedding.
  • jessicalongwe
    jessicalongwe Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Love that there is a section just for the short ladies! :) I'm 5'2 and 187lbs currently.. GASP! I played sports all through high school and never had to motivate myself to get in shape - I had my crazy coaches for that. It's been 10 years since high school and now I really want to get back down close to my high school weight... that means losing 50LBS!! I could definitely use all of the motivation possible! :) Feel free to add me!
  • maureenfarren
    Options
    I think we all 5"2 chicks want that Majic Goal of 125! I am 50 years old. When I started my mission of losing weight it was in 2011 and went from 156 to one 138. That was eating every 3 hours healthy to speed up my motabolism and exercising of course. It worked! I weight now 142 so I joined MFP along with my family. I have lost 1 pound the first week. My first goal is to get to 135. I don't know if I can physically get to 125? I guess I should say never say never? I know when you are younger its easier? Any tips
  • melusinagr
    melusinagr Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Anyone who wants, feel free to add me. I am 5'3", had a bit of a struggle to get to 121. I am currently working on toning and maintaining my weight.
  • ajglasscock
    Options
    Geez, i def feel like a fat fatty! I'm 5'2 nand weigh right around 200...I've been stuck here for years :( I am a full time culinary student which doesnt help. I am also type II diabetic and have 2 children. i want to be around when they graduate so i am taking matters in my own hands. My goal is to be 175 by christmas and then eventually down to 130. Feel free to add me :)
  • debstermorton
    debstermorton Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi, Reginapham! I will be happy to be your fitness pal. I understand totally what you're going thru. This site is wonderful & it is helping me lose stubborn lbs.

I am 5 ' 5" & weigh 135. I weighed 139.8 when I started this program. I kept blaming my plateau & gradual weight gain on the fact that I'm 54 going on 55. I am quite active. However, I work in a high school library & the inactivity of that job can be a challenge. At least it's not as hard has being a kindergarten teacher! :)

I wish you luck. Be patient; how old are you? You probably have youth on your side whereas I don't. But I've been an athlete all my life.

Let's check in w/ each other. I post on the blog link related to this site, too.
  • debstermorton
    debstermorton Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi, Maureen; just read your post. Wanted to let you know I can relate to the fact you're 50. I am 54 going on 55. For a couple years I could not lose a lb; but w/ the help of this program I am losing weight teach week. I'm in my 4th week w/ the program. At times I feel very hungry. It can be a mental challenge, huh?

This past Fri. nite I binged @ dinner. Healthy food but too much of it. Amazing how the calories add up quick!!
  • MrsSullivan08
    MrsSullivan08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and weighing approx. 136.5 and wanting to get down to 120-125 as well. Feel free to add me. :)
  • krys120
    Options
    Count me in! 5'3", currently 140-143. Goal weight is 117-120. You have lots of buddies here!

My husband just started losing weight about 6 weeks ago, so I really need to get on it. He's lost about 10 pounds so far.

I'll check in with you all.

We WILL -- WILL--- Reach these goals! :-)
  • BehindBlueEyes988
    Options
    Hey,

I am just over 5'2" and I am getting married in July. I am trying to get my weight down to about 125, but would LOVE to be at around 120, if I can, for my wedding day. I currently weigh about 136. It's getting cold outside so my desire to stay in and eat is getting tougher and tougher to fight! I really don't work out because of the nature of my stressful life. I know that it's just an excuse, but I really am stressed! I am a kindergarten teacher, in graduate school (expecting to graduate in the spring) and I am planning this wedding! My days are exhausting, but I feel like I just need a little encouragement to get me going!

Anyway, I am looking for some people who have similar weight goals to encourage me and I would love to do the same in return. Any takers?!

I'm the same height, a little heavier, and I'm getting married in October next year! I'm looking to start going for my masters in the spring, or looking for a good full time job with my BA. I feel your stress pain. My goal is 120-125 as well. More 125 because I've always been heavier than I look, guess just more muscle naturally
  • cjacole
    cjacole Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am just over 5'2" like you and currently I am 137. I would love to get in the 120's as well. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!