Coke Zero Vs. Diet Coke

Options

Replies

• Lake_Po
    Lake_Po Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I like cherry coke zero better than any of the diet coke options (except maybe diet coke with lime). It still tastes like diet to me, but I've grown okay with that taste so it doesn't bug me anymore.
  • Coming4U
    Coming4U Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I love Coke Zero so much. Tastes alot like the real thing. That being said I do not drink soda anymore for several reasons. I just dont think it is all that good for you from many things I have read. I stick to the water, green teas etc. Much better for me and I feel better. Less bloating, less heartburn etc.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I like Diet Coke because it DOESNT taste like Coke. Regular coke is too sweet and syrupy for me. No harm drinking them as long as youre not drinking like... cans and cans a day.

This, I've tried coke zero a few times and realized why I don't like it. Because it tastes like regular coke. I just like diet.
  • maeve1988
    Options
    I like Coke Zero more than Diet Coke.But I prefer Pepsi Maxx. I am a coffeine junky.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I think coke zero is way better than diet coke but pepsi max has even better cola flavor.
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    if given those two choices, i'd take coke zero every time

diet dr pepper (cherry is best) and cherry coke zero are the best

i don't drink soda anymore though, unless i'm splurging
  • imakimm
    imakimm Posts: 839
    Options
    I like Diet Coke better but I LOVE Pepsi Max!
  • whitcla
    whitcla Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I hate the sweeter taste but I can fool myself with diet ginger beer or a diet tango :)
  • beccannes
    Options
    Neither of them a good. Sweetner's cause inflammation just as sugar would which causes your body to store fat. The only good thing to drink is water:)
  • kiachu
    kiachu Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Sugar doesn't cause inflammation, it raises/spikes insulin which "turns off" fatburning because it's an incoming fuel source. Sweetners, MAY produce the same response because sensory wise they mimic sugar. Some studies say it does, sone don't. And people tend to eat more when they think they are getting free calories.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Meh.. any other soda flavors that you like?
    barq's diet is pretty good and doesn't go flat as quickly.
  • jellybeanmusic
    jellybeanmusic Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    IMO, Zero is better than diet, but pepsi max is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more delicious than everything!
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Sugar doesn't cause inflammation
    ^^
    But it does rot your teeth.
  • darkchocolate68
    Options
    I do not like Coke Zero but I like Cherry Coke Zero. Otherwise, I drink Diet Coke.
  • jesse1379
    jesse1379 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Many people use artificial sweeteners to cut their caloric intake, but the very opposite effect can occur. New research shows that artificial sweeteners stimulate taste receptors that sense sweetness in both the esophagus and stomach. Anticipating energy, the pancreas releases insulin, an important hormone for accumulating body fat. At the same time, chemicals are sent to the brain’s satiety center, which becomes confused as to whether or not the body is actually receiving calories. The result? You feel even hungrier and less full, which can lead to weight gain.

I highly recommend watching the documentary "Sweet Misery" if you are at all concerned about the possible effects of aritficial sweeteners. I dont think I have used anything but Stevia/Truvia after watching this documentary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI7_8FDzuJE
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    I'm a little bit addicted to coke zero but am currently trying to cut it out or at least consume less, both because I don't think it's great for you and because of the cost. Water is free
  • MissSusieQ
    MissSusieQ Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    vanilla diet coke FTW!!
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I think you should try Pepsi Max. It's sweeter and probably less diet-y (idk, I grew up on diet). Worth a try though. There's also that Dr. Pepper 10.

I have Diet Coke now because it was on sale. :tongue:
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I love just plain Diet Coke or Diet Pepsi. Before I switched to diet I was Classic Coke only, but once I went to diet I really don't care. And I cut waaaay down on how much I'm drinking.

And this...
    You should try the flavored water from walmart! Its carbonated, so you get the pop craving you want and they have amazing flavors!

My current favorites are Cranberry Grape, Mandarin Orange and White Grape.
  • originalcookiemonster
    Options
    Neither. After extensive polling of the judges table that resides on my taste buds, the results are in:

............ THE REAL ****...... hands down.