y do i gain weight fast?

Options
2»

Replies

• ladybug1867
    Options
    I feel like all i have to do these days is just see or smell food and my weights going up
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    This is my guess and is just an example:
    You need about 2000 calories a day to maintain weight. You eat 1500 calories a day and burn 500 calories a day at the gym. This results in a steady 2 pound weight loss every week. You digestive system is working well with all the healthy foods and exercise.
    And then you go off your diet...
    You start eating salty foods which causes 2 pounds of water weight and your intestines are sluggish so you have a build up of two pounds of waste...
    2 weeks of weight loss = 4 lb loss
    2 days of eating crap = 4 lb gain
  • Defren
    Defren Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I'm worried for your next blood results with all the fat on your diary.. Such a lack of vitamins, minerals and fiber. Not being funny but don't think this is a good idea long term. No offense just a little advice! Zara

Best cholesterol results ever actually! My HDL has gone up by 20 pts and my LDL dropped 18. I've done tons of research on diet, fat, and overall health. Doctors are befuddled by my result as it goes against everything they've ever studied to be true. I get plenty of fiber, vitamins and minerals, probably much more than you do. I wouldn't worry about me too much.

Oh and triglycerides are at 57, just in case you were wondering.

I also eat a very low carb medium protein high fat diet and have the same results. My cholesterol is below recommended levels. I am T2 diabetic and this diet is perfect for me.
  • SarahSosi
    SarahSosi Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I feel like these days all i have to do is look at food or smell it and my weights going back up.
    hehheeh same here!
  • SarahSosi
    SarahSosi Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    so is there a soloution?
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I'm worried for your next blood results with all the fat on your diary.. Such a lack of vitamins, minerals and fiber. Not being funny but don't think this is a good idea long term. No offense just a little advice! Zara

Best cholesterol results ever actually! My HDL has gone up by 20 pts and my LDL dropped 18. I've done tons of research on diet, fat, and overall health. Doctors are befuddled by my result as it goes against everything they've ever studied to be true. I get plenty of fiber, vitamins and minerals, probably much more than you do. I wouldn't worry about me too much.

Oh and triglycerides are at 57, just in case you were wondering.

Congratulations! I don't think it's really out of the norm, tho, just not what we've been led to believe the last 40 years. There are several new studies that show that a higher fat diet won't wreck your cholesterol and won't make you fat. I also eat a pretty high fat diet and have yet to see negative results in my blood work.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    water weight...
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    so is there a soloution?

Yes, the solution is to listen to the advice being offered. Stay on track for longer than a couple of days. Don't get off track for as many days a week as you are on. Cut out the simple carbs/processed foods/white stuff and replace with fruits and veggies. Eat more than 1200 calories unless you aren't working out at all. Only weigh once a week or less. Wait a month before you start to freak out.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    One reason may be that your are eating too few net calories. If you do that and then eat, even regular meals, your body hoards everything it can for the next round of starvation.
  • EndlessSacrifice
    Options
    You're not giving us enough information to be able to help you. How much weight are you gaining back? What sorts of foods are you eating when you let go and take a break from eating healthy? How many calories are you eating? How much sodium are you taking in? Are you drinking enough water? There are loads of factors as to why you're gaining weight. One tip of advice I can give you is ALWAYS drink enough water. Even if you're eating junk food and not working out, always get at least eight glasses of water in. It'll flush water weight and excess sodium out.
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    How much do u exercise?

Also, u eat too many carbs, sugars and sodium and not enough protein.

Try changing your macros to 40% carb, 30% protein & 30% fat and 2000 mg/day of sodium. Try also estibg 35 grams of fiber a day. This will help you loose weight and keep on track.

Also, if you do a half hour of walking every day eat 1200 cals a day. If you do a real intense workout for 30 minutes a day for 4-5 days a week increase your goal to 1400-1500 a day and weigh in the morning after your rest day.
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    so is there a soloution?

Yes it's called willpower and consistency. People can't tell you how to 'get' it or how to stick to your goals. Thats down to you and you alone. Only you control what goes in your mouth at the end of the day. You are master of your own ship!!