Tattoo question...

AmyFett
AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
So, I've never gotten a tattoo since trying to lose weight or anything. Never weighed myself daily before when I've gotten one. I got one last night though, on my calf. My ankle/calf are super swollen, which is normal on boney/muscly areas, at least for me (this is my 13th). So I got on the scale earlier and gained almost 5 lbs, granted, I had a large (sodium-filled) dinner because it was "date night" with the hubby so I went all-out.

Anyway, the question. Would this kind of swelling, you think, add a little weight on the scale? Like, do you retain water from this type of swelling? Might seem like a silly question, but thanks for reading =))

Replies

• KristalandVi
    KristalandVi Posts: 44 Member
    It can, but it would be minimal. Honestly? If you gained 5 lbs in a day, it's going to be a combination of things. First thing in the morning, use the rest room and weigh yourself again. Chances are it will be back down to "normal" for you.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Yeah, it was 4-5 lbs... but it's been a lb or 2 higher than normal for me. I need to crap and can't! LOL!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    I think your sodium filled dinner could easily have caused a 5lb gain. Nothing to do with tattoo at all.
  • KristalandVi
    KristalandVi Posts: 44 Member
    Well if you're full of crap, that would explain a lot! LOL!! :laugh: