I'm still hungry!

Options
So after eating and drinking water the entire day I still tend to feel hungry...my calorie intake is suppose to be of ...what do I do in this situation? Am I eating to little because im usually short by 300 calories and dont know how to incorporate into my meal...Need help :)

My Meals & Drinks For A Day Example:

Breakfast
-1 cup yogurt half a banana

Snack
-1 cup grapes

Lunch
-Whole Wheat tortilla
-2 chicken cutlets diced
-1 cup lettuce
-1/2 tomato diced

Snack
-1 cup grapes

Dinner
-1 cup ground turkey
-1/2 carrot
-1/2 potatoes
-1 cup lettuce
-1/2 pinto beans

Replies

• Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    So after eating and drinking water the entire day I still tend to feel hungry...my calorie intake is suppose to be of ...what do I do in this situation? Am I eating to little because im usually short by 300 calories and dont know how to incorporate into my meal...Need help :)

My Meals & Drinks For A Day Example:

Breakfast
    -1 cup yogurt half a banana

Snack
    -1 cup grapes

Lunch
    -Whole Wheat tortilla
    -2 chicken cutlets diced
    -1 cup lettuce
    -1/2 tomato diced

Snack
    -1 cup grapes

Dinner
    -1 cup ground turkey
    -1/2 carrot
    -1/2 potatoes
    -1 cup lettuce
    -1/2 pinto beans

you only eat about 900cals?!?!?!?
    Open the diary plz.

Also:

Weight
    body fat%
    Workout routine
  • LilyMatic
    Options
    It's on public already any help is beyond grateful...

-Weight: 168
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    You're not eating enough, you're staving your body.

Right off the bat I can tell you, you need more healthy fats and definitely at least 300 more calories to get yourself about to 1200. I struggle to get healthy sources of fat as well because a lot of my "fear foods" are high fat, I hate butter & red meat which are two main sources of fat. I recommend nuts, peanut butter & avacado as a healthy source of mostly non-sauntered fats.
  • LilyMatic
    Options
    Workout: 30 min Zumba && 15 min Core Ab workout
  • elijhasmomma
    elijhasmomma Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    ofcourse you're hungry!!! you eat like 950 cals and then exercise so you net one day I noticed about 600cals for the day. not only will you be hungry, ull be grouchy, tired, more prone to getting sick. Your body can't get nearly enough nutrients eating this low. The best thing would be to eat your given 1300cals and then exercise and eat maybe at least half of those workout cals back if u want to. U can easily incorporate more by adding more fruits and veggies to your meals, try a protein shake, add in calorie dense foods like nut butters, almonds, things of this sort.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Try eating closer to your recommended calories, or at least don't go below 1200.

I think it's normal to be hungry before the next meal. I don't know where this idea that we should never be hungry comes from. The only time I wasn't hungry between meals was when I was eating snacks all day every day. Not good!

It's pretty easy to incorporate a few more calories into your meals. For example, instead of half a potato, have a whole one. Etc.
  • LilyMatic
    Options
    I am still very new at this eating healthy since I started four days ago so it's hard for me to put a balanced meal together but thank you so much for the ideas :)
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    You're short by 300 calories.... and you're still hungry.... and you're short by 300 calories...
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    You are not eating nearly enough, duh, no wonder you're hungry!! 1200 cals/day minimum.
  • marshipooh
    marshipooh Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It seems to me that you are not eating enough and the few choices of food you make are not filling probably due to too little portion. For breakfast high fiber oatmeal will keep you full for a long time. I usually pair that with a cup of tea. Nut/almonds for snack. I also find that popcorn for a snack goes a long way. I keep the 100 calorie packs on hand at all time. Incorporate whole grain breads, and pasta etc in. Eggs or egg substitute in my case also keeps me filled up because of the protein. Instead of having grapes twice, switcing one of the servings out to carrots, celery if you like. Brown rice with your lean meats as a meal as long as you can work it into your calorie budget.

Hope this helps and good luck!!!!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    IMO its hard to maintain lean mass while doing zumba/ab core and eating very little food.
    168 isnt that bad and it puts you in the "overweight" category.

Find TDEE then cut 20% off that and eat it daily.
    For gods sake please do some type of resistance work.

If gym then www.stronglifts.com or www.startingstrength.com

If no gym then http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2012/08/23/batman-bodyweight-workout/

To get your numbers simply follow the directions on this---->http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Chances are at your height you burn about 2k-2300 a day so you could effectively lose fat at 1600+ a day.
  • kristamarie91
    kristamarie91 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Along with eating more, you need to pick things that are filled with proteins and good fats that'll keep you fuller. Also, tortillas are about 200 calories and don't leave you feeling full. Orowheat bread is whole wheat and for two slices about 130 calories. When you're eating things, think- will this keep me full? I eat tuna a lot because it has good fats and a TON of protein and very low calories. You need to eat at least 1200 because then you're body will eat at your muscles for protein to keep you going. I have been to a nutritionist and I read a lot. Maybe you should try to read a book about dieting and how to keep yourself satisfied and maybe see a nutritionist to get yourself on the right path. I would have to see you get sick!

And I'm not a newbie to this site btw, I've been doing it for months now. But just had to create a new profile because I didn't enjoy having friends who ate bad constantly and complained of not loosing weight.

Just do some research and make sure your eating enough and if your really worried that you won't loose weight incorporate exercise (didn't look to see if you were) but burn some calories off if you want to eat higher than 1200. I also did 1200 for a while and then when I increased my calories I finally felt so much better and fuller!

Good luck!
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Eat more protein
  • HMToomey
    HMToomey Posts: 276
    Options
    Your net calories on Friday were 619?! I was going like you, I hit a net of 200 calories one day and felt horrible and decided I needed to change and started eating! Since then I have always lost a pound a week before that it was touch and go.

Eat low fat yogurt, not fat free and eat the whole egg not just the egg white eat the other half of the banana, you seriously limit your califlour intake to 4 pieces? :noway:

I know it sounds counter intuitive to eat when you are trying to lose weight but your body needs fuel!

You have extra calories and you are hungry SO EAT!!!!!