NEEDS ENCOURAGEMENT :\

Options
I began eating healthy four days ago and to be honest I felt amazing! My body felt lighter because of all the water I was drinking and my belly felt tighter. I was so happy and pumped that I decided to go shopping for clothes. Big Mistake. Even though I felt good inside I was hoping my body reflected it on the outside, but I didn't see any change. So now I fell off the eating healthy wagon and am very sad...how was your first week of eating healthy and exercising for you guys??? <3_ Lily_

Replies

• lustrebass
    lustrebass Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on beginning a new lifestyle of healthier eating! Hooray for you! Four days isn't really long enough for your body shape to have changed much, and so it's probably not surprising that you found your shopping trip to be a disappointment. Give yourself some more time. Keep up the good eating habits. Drink that water! Over time, you'll achieve the results you are looking for, and shopping will be something that is rewarding, rather than frustrating. Just give it time.
  • warsenic
    Options
    No offense but it's only been four days..
  • WanabeHotMama
    WanabeHotMama Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel! I will eat great for a while and exercise and then I fit into a new jean size and BAM I get comfortable where I shouldn't be. I get a few compliments and start eating crap again. Guess what? New jeans no longer fit. Wanted to share my most motivating quotes to STAY WITH IT! You got this! :-)

This is actually my phone's wallpaper:
    - Take it day by day. Results don't come overnight.
    Change doesn't happen immediately. Keep working towards your goals.

-it took more than a day to put it on. It will take more than a day to take it off.
    -It takes 4 weeks for you to notice your body changing. 8 weeks for your friends. 12 weeks for the rest of the world. Give it 12 weeks.

My all time favorite:
    -Do something today that your future self will thank you for.

It's all about begin healthy. Looking good in clothes is a near second ;-)
  • VFBloch0725
    Options
    This is great advice and powerful words! Set goals that you know are achievable and take one day at a time. I have put my scale away because I know if I do not see immediate results that I will become discouraged; this will also apply for clothes shopping. If I want to wear a certain size and/or style and cannot fit into it, I will be discouraged. Being on this plan is new and I have to develop confidence within myself to follow it before making the next step and trying on clothes. For me personally, I will wait about a month before trying on clothes. If my current tight clothes become big, then it will be time to shop but that is for me.

I know how you feel! I will eat great for a while and exercise and then I fit into a new jean size and BAM I get comfortable where I shouldn't be. I get a few compliments and start eating crap again. Guess what? New jeans no longer fit. Wanted to share my most motivating quotes to STAY WITH IT! You got this! :-)

-it took more than a day to put it on. It will take more than a day to take it off.
    -It takes 4 weeks for you to notice your body changing. 8 weeks for your friends. 12 weeks for the rest of the world. Give it 12 weeks.

My all time favorite:

[/quote]
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    it has only been four days.
  • jcmartin0313
    jcmartin0313 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I believe the number one pitfall of weight loss is expecting quick results. It has taken me over 2 years to lose 131 pounds and that is with LapBand. Your body simply is not capable of extreme changes within a weeks time in a healthy fashion. Yes you can crash diet, or try other gimmicks to shed noticeable weight in a weeks time but it comes right back. I do not weigh more than once per week and only buy clothes when the ones I have look so sloppy or I run out of belt notches. If you are losing weight so you can buy new clothes please examine your motivation. You are embarking on a journey in a car but expecting jet airliner results. Be patient and Just Begin each day!
  • spangey13
    spangey13 Posts: 294
    Options
    Can I make a suggestion? The scales don't produce instant results, your clothes wont either. However when I started this I took measurements of my "fatty"bits. Biceps, tummy, hips, thighs. After one week I had lost 1.5cm off my waist. It was great to be able to at least look at a tape measure and see what you had taken off your tummy. My arms shrunk the most which I didn't expect.

Anyway, write those mesaurements down, keep it up for a week, and every week take another measurement. Even if the scales are jumping around a bit this will be another way of measuring your success :-)

Keep at it. :-)
  • ShallaLovee
    ShallaLovee Posts: 341 Member
    Options

My all time favorite:

^^ this! & to the OP you can't rush a process like this. These things take time. Enjoy the process of becoming better everyday. You shouldn't get discouraged because you didn't lose 5lbs in one day. Keep going and in due time your body will realize that your serious and it'll start to cooperate. You want to become healthy and fit and that takes time it doesn't happen over night.
  • DDG7
    DDG7 Posts: 3
    Options
    Make a short term goal of at least one month to lose say 5 lbs. Meet your first goal and then set a second short term goal. All these short term goals will eventually add up to your long term goal. Good luck!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    did you honestly just give up on all your fitness dreams because you didnt see a change in four days.... like- for real?
  • massaoli
    massaoli Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    LilyMatic wrote: »
    I began eating healthy four days ago and to be honest I felt amazing! My body felt lighter because of all the water I was drinking and my belly felt tighter. I was so happy and pumped that I decided to go shopping for clothes. Big Mistake. Even though I felt good inside I was hoping my body reflected it on the outside, but I didn't see any change. So now I fell off the eating healthy wagon and am very sad...how was your first week of eating healthy and exercising for you guys??? <3_ Lily_

Don't feel discouraged. 4 days does not change the body size but does wonders to your mood and energy level. Don't beat yourself up if u don't do well one day, just start over and over as many times as needed. Sooner or later u will see results . I think losing 9 lbs equals a drop in clothes size. Good luck!