How do you treat yourself?

Options
So, after achieving a small (or large) weight loss goal, how do you guys reward yourself, and how often? Do you allow an extra cheat meal or maybe a new clothing item?

Just curious! Happy Sunday! =):bigsmile:

Replies

• lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    New clothes and shoes. It's nice to have an excuse to go shopping!
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    No extra going-over meals other than what I have already planned into my usual schedule.

New clothing is a great one :) You're gonna need them anyway, right?

I'm also hoping I'll have the money for a beach vacation when my body is ready.
  • tiffanypettyjohn
    Options
    Looove shopping! Can't wait till I can fit in 2 sizes smaller! :)
  • Playingwithfire89
    Options
    shopping for clothes (Its nice fitting into a smaller size!)
  • loricasanas
    Options
    A massage or pedicure!!!:bigsmile:
  • CincinnatiDEIFan
    CincinnatiDEIFan Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    For me looking in the mirror is enough of a treat. :-) Yay!
  • tiffanypettyjohn
    Options
    Love the pedicure idea!
  • Jazmab
    Jazmab Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have lost 6.8 pounds since starting mfp about a couple of weeks ago. I haven't treated myself yet but when I get under 200 pounds I will be buying me some new and much needed jeans.
  • mineboy
    mineboy Posts: 2,478 Member
    Options
    I have an Drumstick (ice cream) every night.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    For me looking in the mirror is enough of a treat. :-) Yay!

This. I am not big on extrinsic rewards. I don't need treats. I know what I've done and it's reward enough for me. But I'm all for others rewarding themselves if it helps to motivate them. :flowerforyou:
  • tiffanypettyjohn
    Options
    I have lost 6.8 pounds since starting mfp about a couple of weeks ago. I haven't treated myself yet but when I get under 200 pounds I will be buying me some new and much needed jeans.

Way to go!!!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    My treat is shedding fat, :laugh:
  • tiffanypettyjohn
    Options
    Hmmmm.. Don't know if the ice cream EVERY night will work well with my plans! lol.
  • apocalypsepwnie
    Options
    My partner does most of the 'treating' he's so lovely and it really inspires me to keep going as he notices. He's bought me some cute tops and a new pair of sports shoes to work out in.
    He was also very patient while I searched for a digital scale and hand weights the other day and carried them for me.

So far it's just been work out gear really. New tights, tops and things to help me. I've got a heart rate monitor and some hand weights.
    I did however purchase my 'goal' dress last week and it came in the mail today. I might even fit into it BEFORE I get to my goal which is really exciting.

I do struggle with not rewarding myself with food. I do allow myself treats but they are worked into my plan rather than being 'I earned this'.
  • tiffanypettyjohn
    Options
    shopping for clothes (Its nice fitting into a smaller size!)
    I totally agree!
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    New clothes! :happy:

Bad news is that it will be a very long time before I run out of the various sizes of clothes still in my closet from my way up this mountain. Have to say that I am enjoying the climb down much more. Maybe that is the reward in and of itself!
  • tiffanypettyjohn
    Options
    My partner does most of the 'treating' he's so lovely and it really inspires me to keep going as he notices. He's bought me some cute tops and a new pair of sports shoes to work out in.
    He was also very patient while I searched for a digital scale and hand weights the other day and carried them for me.

So far it's just been work out gear really. New tights, tops and things to help me. I've got a heart rate monitor and some hand weights.
    I did however purchase my 'goal' dress last week and it came in the mail today. I might even fit into it BEFORE I get to my goal which is really exciting.

I do struggle with not rewarding myself with food. I do allow myself treats but they are worked into my plan rather than being 'I earned this'.
    I too have a "goal" dress hanging on my closet door. I cant wait to wear it!
  • caroleannlight
    caroleannlight Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I was wondering about this myself today. I came up with these ideas /musings. Firstly I don't want to send myself a message that food is a reward so my ideas are all none food. hope that makes sense.

Small rewards

Luxury bath melt /bubble bar
    A new lipstick
    New earings

medium

massage
    mani/pedi
    expensive perfume
    new clothes
    trip to cinema / theatre / concert

major

book holiday
    spa day
    designer clothes / handbag
    some kind of experience day e.g. off roading

Not thought about what should achieve for each category??? I have a lot to lose so ? small = 5lb medium =15 major = 30. What do you guys think? I just booked a craft class - hat making workshop as a reward for commiting to change my life and making the first steps - so maybe try something new ? I booked my class on groupon so maybe see whats on offer. i would love some more inspiration. It will be a long haul for me so i need to keep it spiced up to keep me interested.
  • mineboy
    mineboy Posts: 2,478 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm.. Don't know if the ice cream EVERY night will work well with my plans! lol.
    it works for me, i still lose weight, but i do the hard work too....:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Priincess_Natalie
    Priincess_Natalie Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Clothes, shoes, kitchen appliance...something that is one my wish list :). I keep an ongoing list of things I would like to have from large items to smaller items. I check them off as I "earn" them!