is it possible...

Options
that I've lost weight everywhere EXCEPT in my stomach? and that now, due to proportion, it looks even bigger and poochier than before??

argh.

:explode:

Replies

• jgsparks89
    jgsparks89 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    What have you been doing exercise wise? Just cardio, or something to tone/build muscle?
  • cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    My stomach seems to change, I have lost more weight than you and have more to go than you, but I can see where you are coming from. Habg in there, it will eventually go away.
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I think it's possible. Even though I have lost weight quite proportionally over time, at any given time my body seems to lose more from certain areas than others. It's like my body parts are taking turns. Right now it's my face and my belly (woo hoo, my two problem areas!). By my calculations, when they're done, my limbs will take their turn.

Another possibility is that your mirror likes to trick you. I know mine does!
  • justmarried15
    justmarried15 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    What have you been doing exercise wise? Just cardio, or something to tone/build muscle?

yoga 2x a week
    30DS or other workout videos 2-3x a week

Both good for core, and both incorporate strength and cardio. It's just really frustrating me right now.
  • ShallaLovee
    ShallaLovee Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. Maybe you should take 3 days a week just focusing on your core. That's a bit weird your stomach isn't going anywhere but yeah try things that focus specifically on your core. Like planks, bicycles, crunches, reverse crunches etc.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    This, my dear, is your problem area. We all have one (mine is my hips/*kitten*/thighs). It's the first place you gain and last place you lose, which means that yes it can look disproportionately large as you lose weight. The good news is that it will always catch up, you just have to be patient. Magic Pills, lotions, wraps, beans and "target" training will do nothing, what will is sticking with your program an continuing to decease your overall bodyfat percentage by continuing to lose weight. The other thing that will help in an overall strengthening program. While on a deficit you shouldn't gain much if any lean mass, but it will help you to preserve lean mass while decreasing fat at the same rate helping you tip the bf% ratio at a faster pace. Goodnight, and good luck!
  • justmarried15
    justmarried15 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. Maybe you should take 3 days a week just focusing on your core. That's a bit weird your stomach isn't going anywhere but yeah try things that focus specifically on your core. Like planks, bicycles, crunches, reverse crunches etc.

I'm on level 2 of 30DS - it's alllll plank. plank is my life! I'm stronger than before, and I'm sure there is some muscle building behind the protective layer. But MAN am I tired of the protective layer.

PS Thanks for the advice/support everyone.