pre-packaged snacks

Options
I always swore that I would never get the pre-packaged servings of snacks like reduced fat cheez-its or 100 calorie packs... because they are so expensive... WELL I bought them this week and I can't tell you how much they helped. If you struggle with snacking, I would advise you to try this out.

Replies

• nikkolatwell
    Options
    I agree it is tough to feel like you just getting ripped off for packaging but I completely agree some items of convenienence can make your day.

Can I recommed the special K bars they at only 90 calories and a great preworkout snack.
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I have not been doing those packs anymore. Besides being expensive, I eat food that I would not normally eat. I can eat more food for 100 calories than a few pieces of cookies. I would also tend to eat more than one pack. Just be careful.
  • Samantharose8akaDebbie
    Options
    Buy some snack bags and buy the bigger snacks and part them out.....it will be much cheaper in the long run:)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    Just pre-portion your regular snacks into those little "snack-size" ziplock bags. Do a week's worth at a time. Those snack bags are full of the salty, sugary, unhealthy snacks anyway. Not only expensive, but no nutrition for your 100 calories.

edit.....hilarious, three of us posted the same advice at about the same time.....ready set TYPE!! (I'll always lose that race! LOL)

I have tried all of that. Didn't work well for me. I think that once i get into the habit of eating a serving size with prepackaged snacks I can buy the regular size and seperate them out. Maybe it is a progression!
  • sweetbn
    sweetbn Posts: 318
    Options
    I wait until they are BOGO and then use coupons.... like the other week lance 100 calorie packs were bogo at 2.99 each and I used a $1 off 2 coupon.. making them $1 for each box.

Very convenient and I am too lazy to part the big bags out so this works great. :)
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Buy some snack bags and buy the bigger snacks and part them out.....it will be much cheaper in the long run:)

This is what I do. I then store the servings in Tupperware containers to keep them fresh. And, I do it first thing when I get home from shopping - otherwise I am too tempted to snack out of the box and go over the amount I am supposed to have.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    I have tried all of that. Didn't work well for me. I think that once i get into the habit of eating a serving size with prepackaged snacks I can buy the regular size and seperate them out. Maybe it is a progression!

good for you for figuring out what does work for you!
  • Twinmommy13
    Options
    Get them from SAMS or Costco and get them in bulk. I believe whole heartedly in finding a better way to snack and although these are expensive and may not be the best in nutrition, you have to do what is going to work for you to get to a healthy weight. My husband and I love the 100 calorie snacks and find that they are great when we are in the car.
  • ScarletTarah
    ScarletTarah Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I love the 100 calorie snack bags it's what I use for my chocolate fix, I can not buy a package of cookies and have 50 baggies of 2 cookies each I'd eat the whole package.