Rude

Options

Replies

• Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    that's the beauty of the internet. someone can tear up someone on a forum because its safe.
  • FutureMrsWarby
    FutureMrsWarby Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Whining isn't attractive babe.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    No one was being that bad in your thread. You were being overly defensive and close minded.

Almost every time someone says people are rude on the MFP forums, there is always a thread in which the OP posted something 'helpful' first.

Also, I find it ironic that the OP is often as rude or ruder than the people they are complaining about.
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    I think its just human nature to overlook 50 positive comments because of one rude one and then claim that SO many people are rude.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    that's the beauty of the internet. someone can tear up someone on a forum because its safe.

I go off IRL too when someone is going on about nutritional misconceptions. It's to the point where my wife says that I'm not allowed to talk about nutrition with people when we're out :laugh:
  • _JR_
    _JR_ Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I've noticed whenever someone posts a questionable article or advice without a lot of factual support, they tend to get all bent out of shape when someone else calls them on it or posts articles disproving it. The next step is to usually start a new thread calling everyone on MFP a bunch of "meanies". Happens pretty much daily.
  • hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Sorry you have had a bad experience. Rudeness often comes from a variety of causes... Some may be because they are depriving themselves of adequate nutrition so they are unusually cranky. Some may be because they have an ill-conceived idea that they know the truth of the matter and they are going to let you know what you need to do to "fix your problem"... others may simply be from New York (OK... just being funny here... I've had college room-mates from NYC before that I thought a lot of)... Others... well are buttholes and darned proud of it...Not much we can do to change them so best just to ignore them and don't allow their problem to become your problem. Best wishes on your journey...

Hilarious! Yes I realize this and I was just venting. I called out the poster that had insulted me and called me names and asked for an apology. Never received one. One way to handle it is make it known. Also, I noticed that people some times do not really read the forums but rather just "post" and it is not really related to the discussion.
  • FutureMrsWarby
    FutureMrsWarby Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Sorry you have had a bad experience. Rudeness often comes from a variety of causes... Some may be because they are depriving themselves of adequate nutrition so they are unusually cranky. Some may be because they have an ill-conceived idea that they know the truth of the matter and they are going to let you know what you need to do to "fix your problem"... others may simply be from New York (OK... just being funny here... I've had college room-mates from NYC before that I thought a lot of)... Others... well are buttholes and darned proud of it...Not much we can do to change them so best just to ignore them and don't allow their problem to become your problem. Best wishes on your journey...

Hilarious! Yes I realize this and I was just venting. I called out the poster that had insulted me and called me names and asked for an apology. Never received one. One way to handle it is make it known. Also, I noticed that people some times do not really read the forums but rather just "post" and it is not really related to the discussion.

For one, he wasn't even that rude to you, just pointing something out.

Two, don't ask for apologies on the internet. It makes you look like an *kitten* in real life, not to mention over a pixelated screen.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options

If you would listen to him you would learn a thing or two.

Once again he didn't say anything that rude, and didn't owe you an apology.
  • hikeout470
    Options
    I've noticed whenever someone posts a questionable article or advice without a lot of factual support, they tend to get all bent out of shape when someone else calls them on it or posts articles disproving it. The next step is to usually start a new thread calling everyone on MFP a bunch of "meanies". Happens pretty much daily.

excuse me, but that is not the reason for this thread. if you spoke to me the way I have been treated on this forum in person, I would be discussing thus with you in person any day
  • T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    Options

Insulted you and called you names!? 0_o I believe the exact thing he said was "Wow, such ignorance" followed by a link.....

24326550.jpg
  • hikeout470
    Options

he mo certainly owes me an apology, unless you are from some "developing nation".
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

he mo certainly owes me an apology, unless you are from some "developing nation".

Wow, just wow!! And you have the absolute gall to call other people rude. Rich!
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    bump. does anyone freaking eat fake butter?

You're right, posts like this are rude.

Trying to give some positive feedback here - you set a post with a link to Dr Oz, and then post this comment directly below.....recipe for disaster in my book....
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options

He owes you an apology because he said "wow, such ignorance" then tried to give you a link that you may learn from?

Sometimes you have to put on your big girl panties and take constructive criticism.
  • _JR_
    _JR_ Posts: 830 Member
    Options

^^^Agree.

I guess I'm from a "developing nation" because I didn't see anything worthy of apologizing for..... until this!
  • Growtinymusclesgrow
    Growtinymusclesgrow Posts: 152 Member
    Options

^^^Agree.

I guess I'm from a "developing nation" because I didn't see anything worthy of apologizing for..... until this!

Okay, ALL OF YOU at some point offended me! Now ALL OF YOU owe me an apology...and I want it NOW!

Hahahaha...hilarious!
  • hikeout470
    Options
    bump. does anyone freaking eat fake butter?

You're right, posts like this are rude.

Trying to give some positive feedback here - you set a post with a link to Dr Oz, and then post this comment directly below.....recipe for disaster in my book....

My apologies for trying to spread the word that butter "flavoring", man made chemical, is inserted to all sorts of foods you would never think of. I am NOT a mean person, so I would have never thought that this post would be open season for the *kitten*.
  • becs_91
    becs_91 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    To be honest, reading through this thread and your other thread, there are quite a few "rude" posts coming from your end, too. I do think you clearly had good intentions of posting the article in the first place. But the negativity following (in both threads) was not one-sided.
  • hikeout470
    Options
    Are you saying that it is "rude" to stand up to people who call you things like "ignorant"?
This discussion has been closed.