Maintaining

Options
Am new to the board. I tend to be a loner and have done pretty well by myself. But now, I'm close to my goal and am almost through with my diet. Unfortunately, I'm having anxiety attacks just thinking about eating normal food. Wanna to talk to other people about recipes, maintaining weight, and life after reaching your goal. C'mon guys, I don't really need help to lose, my problem is maintaining and that means support and lots of it.

Replies

• stacdjen
    stacdjen Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the board. There is a lot of info on here. I'm also close to maintaining but scared out of my wits. I did actually change my settings and after 2 days got nervous and changed things back to lose 1/2 lb. I didn't like having that much leadway with my calories. I will figure it out....feel free to add me as a friend.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I've been Maintaining since May 2012...it's not as hard as you think. My goal was 157, the other day I weighed in at 145. I've kept within the 145-150 weight range since June (had a hard time regulating calories after reaching goal and took a bit of a backslide...). I don't "exercise" much (I keep active, but I rarely visit the gym anymore unless I'm feeling the need to release stress), and I eat around 1800-1900 calories a day (I'm 5'11). I still log during the week to make myself pick "healthy" choices. I know what I can get away with to keep my weight under 150. It took a few months to figure it all out, but all in all it's pretty easy! Congrats on reaching goal!
  • Siannah
    Siannah Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I'm maintaining for about a year now.

I don't usually log anything anymore, but just keep the MFP App on my phone as a daily reminder. I've set myself a "highest weight" that I'm allowing myself to be (which is max 3 kilos over my "perfect weight"), and if I sneak up to that, it's time to start getting serious. And that's the point I reached today. So I'm logging again for a bit, a few days, a few weeks, whatever it takes to get back to normal again.

It will get easier, you will feel more relaxed about it, but it will take a bit of time.
  • Sylkwyrm
    Sylkwyrm Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. I've just gotten to my goal weight and I'm trying to switch to maintaining instead of loosing. I'm trying not to freak out when the scale says I've gained a pound or two. Any advise on how to make sure you don't backslide with out obsessing over it would be appreciated.