Whats your go to bfast and lunch?

Options
124»

Replies

• helenbarnes27
    Options
    i've mixed together puffed corn and puffed Kamut wheat, found in health food section in oz - one full metric cup and half cup (125ml) semi skim (2%) milk is 114 calories and very filling!! loads of fibre, calcium, and naturally sweet too - my kids will add a tablespoon of milo powder to theirs to chocolate it up a bit.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - 2 hard boiled eggs, coffee and fat free half and half, and one serving of fate yogurt

Lunch - Freshii lemon grass soup, with double chicken, double avocado, spinach, red onion, mushrooms and NO rice or noodles.
  • chooriyah
    chooriyah Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Overnight oats with dates and chia seeds (weekdays); scrambled eggs and toast (weekends)

Lunch: Soup (normally red lentil) or leftovers from last night's dinner (chickpeas, pasta, chilli...)
  • ash190489
    ash190489 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I loveeeee breakfast! I get excited and crave my same breakfast every morning, and without it or a slight change (I usually have something different on the weekend so I don't eventually get sick of it because I just love it so much) I just crave it even more and it just doesn't feel right.

Breakfast:
    Uncle Toby's Quick Oats sachet (35g) - Honey flavoured
    125mL of Unsweetened Almond Milk (or low-fat/skim milk if I have run out of Almond)
    50-100g Banana - sliced
    3g of White Chia Seeds
    2g of Flaxseed (Linseed Meal)
    3g Desiccated Coconut
    (Sometimes 5mL of honey or a Nativa natural sweetener)

Lunch:
    100g Low Fat Greek Yoghurt
    5 Strawberries halved
    15 Blueberries
    5-10g of Fruit & Nut Muesli
    (Sometimes add Chia Seeds, Coconut or Flaxseed).

I have come to LOVE these two meals since changing my eating habits to healthy choices and can barely go a day without these! Yum, enjoy!!! :smile:
  • SarahJCotton
    Options
    Hooked on rice cakes at the moment:
    1 or 2 wholemeal rice cakes
    10g red pepper houmous (reduced fat)
    1 slice of quorn peppered beef
    Mug of earl grey

Total: 62 cals with 1 rice cake or 91 with 2 rice cakes as a sandwich
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is a Greens smoothie. Lunch is usually an omelet with spinach and tomato and ff mozzarella.
  • eksproductions
    eksproductions Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Found this on Men's Health and I love it!

1 cup of 2% milk, or whatever type of milk you drink.
    1 cup blueberries.
    1/2 cup Kashi Go Lean Crunch.

Blend and drink,

Grilled cheese! but not really!

Two slices of whole wheat bread, toasted.
    1 slice of cheddar cheese.

After toasting, microwave sandwich for 10-15 seconds.

LOVE THIS!!!
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is Overnight Oats with Berries - In my diary. It's 480 calories and 56g protein and keeps me full until lunch easily.

Lunch is whatever leftovers I have. Today its home made lasagna which will be about 500 cal depending how much of it I manage to eat.

I eat about 1800 / day so tend to try for 500-500-600 and leave 200 for snacks.
  • JGarmon24K
    Options
    For breakfast, I have a protein shake. I mix I serving of protein powder (vanilla flavored), 1/2c. of 2% milk, 3/4c of Dole frozen wildley nutruitous frozen fruit and about a teaspoon of honey, and about 1/2c of ice. Throw them in the blender for about 30 seconds and I have myself a DELICIOUS breakfast of about 260 calories and packed full of protein to get my day started off an the right foot. I have it at about 7am and I am good to go until about 10am when I have a small snack.

For Lunch, I like to have a big salad with lots of veggies, a tuna pouch, some Mccormick Salad Topping and a little lite dressing on it. If I go out I will usually get a six inch ham and turkey from Subway with no cheese, no mayo and LOTS of veggies on it.
  • JasonDetwiler
    JasonDetwiler Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Eating breakfast disrupts your morning fat burning state of high cortisol and low insulin. Black coffee first, coffee with MCT or coconut oil second, then coffee with heavy whipping cream will keep you satiated until lunch time and keep you in fat burning mode all morning.

Two baked chicken breasts is my go-to lunch with a protein shake spiked with MCT oil, fiber, and three TBSP fish oil.
  • tigerlily8045
    tigerlily8045 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Arnold sandwhich thin with 1 scrambled egg (microwaved) with 3 slices ham lunchmeat(microwaved) with 1 tsp country crock. Every morning =)

Lunch is often leftovers or a slimfast with 2 cups mixed veggies.
  • mnstrpc
    mnstrpc Posts: 109
    Options
    Oh, I'm super boring. I've been eating the same things for breakfast and lunch (on workdays anyway) for probably close to 15 years.

Breakfast - oatmeal and a can o' Coke (not Diet, either, I drink only water for the remainder of the day but I also usually don't drink coffee so that ice cold Coca Cola is my morning jolt). :)

Lunch - Sandwich (turkey, ham, or PB&J) with chips or pretzels and fruit.
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Do you have a go-to breakfast and lunch? Please share I need new ideas.

Yogurt, raw oats and fruit. Love it.